Save the night train from Denmark to Europe

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save the night train from Denmark to Europe.

2014-11-22 18:36

For people living in the UK it has become much less pleasant to travel to Denmark for a cycling holiday. I'm sad about the closure of the DFDS ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg. As an alternative I would have considered taking the ferry to Hook of Holland and the night train Amsterdam to Copenhagen. Now this is closed as well.

It's ridiculous that flights are subsidised more than trains are. Even if the number of passengers had to drop, why can't it be a good option to operate the trains with fewer coaches instead of entirely closing them?

2014-11-25 07:42

Je signe car je milite pour des déplacements moins polluants.

2014-12-05 15:47

Erst die Interregios, jetzt die Nachtzüge - die Bahn streicht scheinbar alle kundenfreundlichen Züge aus dem Programm. Von nun an werde ich fliegen. Schade.

Morfar69

2014-12-10 12:44

Bravo pour cette pétition; Il Faut ABSOLUMENT maintenir les trains à vélo Dans toute les liaisons des capitales européennes; le tourisme à vélo se développe d'une manière fantastique; ça n'est pas le momenrt de l'arrêter.

#180 Re:

2014-12-10 13:54

#10: -  

VERY SORRY FOR YOU, I APPRECIATED THE SERVICE AND ATTITUDE OF THE BILINGUAL STAFF ON THE PARIS - MUNICH TRAIN,

UNFORTUNATELY THE TRAJET OF THE ORIENTEXPRESS HAD BEEN CANCELLED YEARS AGO. 

JUST LEARNT OF CLOSING WHEN BUYING TICKET FOR THIS YEAR'S XMAS TRIP. ANYBODY KNOWS WHO DECIDED AND WHY ?? IF THE EUROPEANS ARE NOT CAPABLE TO KEEP THIS TRAIN RUNNING, THE CHINESE OR RUSSIANS WILL PICK THIS BUSINESS, AS SOON AS LEGALLY POSSIBLE.

WHERE ARE THE GOVERMENTS, THE UNIONS AND THE PRESS  AND OUR REPRESENTATIVES IN BRUSSEL ??  

2014-12-12 08:50

Opening the trains window while slowly driving into Amsterdam in the early morning - the sights and sounds and fresh air of the dawn...  

Crammed into an airplane after waiting 2 hours at the gate, turbulence and bagage paid overprice, arriving in a stressed out airport looking for a cab ...

And then there are all the other reasons.

2014-12-18 00:27

Yes, travelling by train is the best, and travelling overnight - through the night - is a buzz. I am planning to to travel down to Greece by train and ferry in a couple of months or so, taking the Thello overnight train from Paris to Venice (and then back again five or six weeks later). I'm off to a little fishing village in SW Crete called Sougia where you can still camp on the beach and you are surrounded by nature and good people (they come back every year!) and good vibes. It's not really cycling terrain cos there are mountains all around, but there's gorges and cliff paths.....and crystal clear sea. Maybe see you there sometime. Regards,  Allan

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-12-18 18:19

Ugly American

2014-12-18 18:22

Don't you people have cars?  Know how to drive?

Who needs a train when you have this:

'cause, America

#185 Re:

2014-12-21 00:52

#184: Ugly American -  

How come someone like YOU, came across a website like THIS? I think most of us can figure out what you are. You as good as spell it out in your user name......Drive safely buddy

2015-01-20 20:55

www.umverkehr.ch/de/Petition-Nachtzug

Phillip Gold

#187 Re:

2021-07-26 20:37

#1: -  

Hello. Now the situation is recovering and it is already possible to travel to many countries. I dream of a vacation since I haven't been there for almost two years! Hope to have a good time with my family soon. I check last minute flights for flight deals every day, there are so many cool deals! So soon we will fly on vacation and have a cool time with the whole family.