Stop Home Affairs from Destroying South African Inbound Tourism

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop Home Affairs from Destroying South African Inbound Tourism.

2014-07-14 14:09

Hi sincerely believe that many expats (like me) are being classified as NON desirable.....
I have kids going to school, been married to a SA for 16 years missed out on my visa and are now in a strange situation. My wife employs many staff members and if I have to leave this country for 5 years, the family will come along. We will leave the business behind which leave many many people stranded without jobs.....DOH should have a rethink.....on the remamifications

2014-07-14 14:45

think business like and not political -consult & plan before making decisions.
Riussen

2014-07-14 15:02

These regulations will not stop the illegal trade in children. They will just use another means of getting into SA if needed, by Biet Bridge as an example. Obviously the government has lost control in the Home Affairs Department and now need to introduce these new regulations

2014-07-17 13:53

I hope this petition is fruitful, otherwise tourism in South Africa is doomed.

2014-07-17 14:06

Very good- the government as always is throwing the baby out with the bathwater!
It will stop european travel to SA stonedead-
and with our economy in tatters already- we don't need another bullet shot into our fragile businesses in the travel trade.
siggi

#6 Re: stop home affairs

2014-07-17 14:11

#1: -  

This is sooo true- a friend of mine was promised his permanent residence (after having applied 5 years ago) within

6 months after his child was born here (with his wife being SA citizen) - and he is still waiting now 2 1/2 year later!

He will have to uproot his family here and return to Germany- and to apply then over there- when his employment position has been filled by someone else in the meantime- is totally fruitless.  AGAIN this government has knee jerk reactions and WILL NOT listen to anyone asking them to be reasonable and allow argument before passing such a law! 

2014-07-18 06:29

This will not only effect tourism in South Africa - but all SADC countries. Child trafficking will unfortunately continue as these criminals will find loops in the system. One has to think out of the box. This is not the solution to child trafficking.

2014-07-18 14:53

It makes no sense to expect the tourism visa process to be tedious

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-07-23 22:05

2014-08-15 04:02

Stop Ebola, not the inbound tourists.

2014-08-15 05:53

What home affaires is doing puts in danger a very big part of the national income based on tourism and people that come here to work and pay their taxes, I understand that they have to control the immigration of people without work but there are other ways. Also every process take a life time with them.

2014-08-21 07:13

Once again Government does not take tourism seriously. The tourism Ministry is again a minor cabinet post with a lame duck minister.

2014-08-21 07:30

Dear Sir,
Please re-look your decision:
1) Fair discussion time with all role-players and political parties sitting at the same table.
2) Open consultation with industry leaders like, Australia, USA, Europe with SA role-players present in the discussion.
3) Fair warning to all sectors involved with at least 12-18 months notice before implementation.
4) We are a democracy, not a dictatorship. Industry leaders need to be approached, a new subject put on the table, discussions started, consultation, public opinion, impact study done, then decisions made and final product launched. 5) It takes time to involve people, but the results produce peace and ease of implementation.

Passionate about South Africa and its people.

John

2014-08-21 13:25

It wil do irreversible harm to inward tourism.

2014-08-21 15:35

New visa regulations will impact strongly on tourism sector

2014-08-22 05:46

Don't destroy the biggest source of income into our Country!!

2014-09-04 07:12

Ridiculous new laws for tourists

2014-09-21 19:10

Nothing - but watch