WE ARE THE VOICE OF TYSON…THE VOICE TO SHARE HIS STORY AND DEMAND CHANGE…THIS IS TYSON’S FINAL JOURN

Jennifer Macaluso

#26 This is an outrage the self proclaimed Hitler of Pits has to go

2010-09-15 06:03

These are loving compasionate animals like any other! I can not believe these people are allowed to keep their jobs!

arlette mcewen

2010-09-15 06:44

This ACO should NOT be in the position he is in.  He is

an embicile and clearly does not care a fig about animals.  This should not ever had happened to a sweet dog like Tyson--I used to have a Pit Bull mix named Sparky who looked just like Tyson.  This man needs to be fired from this job and put to work digging ditches(which is all he is good for).

HAVE FUN AT THE  RAINBOW BRIDGE TYSON--we all love you.

'

olivia sauriol

2010-09-15 13:36

this is awful, im so sorry for your loss, i dont know what i would do if someone took my dog from me like that :(

Kimberly Sacco

#29 No Words

2010-09-15 15:52

I honestly don't know what words would do justice to this horrible situation. My heart breaks for all who loved Tyson and I am outraged at the Providence Animal Shelter who not only did not show one once of compassion but definitely tried to cover up their wrongdoing. These people should not be working with animals. My dog got out once and I cannot even imagine if that happened to him.

Kimberley Chirico

#30 Justice for All,Great and Small

2010-09-15 15:56

Good luck with your persuit of justice for Tyson.

jill pinga

#31 Tyson and imcompetence

2010-09-15 17:00

Another example of city workers and their own self-interests.  Let's hope that this will "wake" people up and realize what is going on.  So sorry that Tyson had to be the wake up call-perhaps it will be his greatest purpose!

JERRY DEMORANVILLE

#32 TYSON

2010-09-15 17:20

THIS IS SO SAD AS I ALMOST ADOPTED TYSON MET HIM AND FEEL IN LOVE ! BUT WE ALREADY HAD A NEW DOG IN OUR HOME AND JUST DIDNT HAVE THE ROOM ! I NOW WISH I HAD . TYSON WAS JUST THE CUTIEST DOG YOU HAVE EVER SEEN WHAT SHAME

Kerry Ise

#33 So sad!

2010-09-15 17:34

My heart goes out to all of Tysons friends and new found family. Our family is mourning the loss of our dog Princess,who was an adopted and rescued Pit bull mix. WE had her for 13 wonderful loved filled years. She was the most gentle dog .My four year old grandsons best freind. Never a worry. Animals are what peole make them. Breeds are not to be blamed !!  Rest in Peace Princess and Tyson.

Jeani Donovan

#34 Seriously!!!

2010-09-15 17:53

I wonder if  "learn by example" is every taken seriously!! I know MANY people with PITS and not one of them are these aggressive monsters that they are made out to be.I believe humans are what turn an animal aggressive and they should be the ones held accountable for an animal turning out to be aggressive. Example: Micheal Vick!! As an animal officer should you not treat each an every animal with compassion?! Do everything in your power to see if someone is looking for them? As everyone is aware we deal with shelter overcrowding and homlessness and the need for people to adopt. So here is a case that extreme measures where taken to help find an animal that ACCIDENTALLY became loose and lost. Then here comes "Einstein" who declares by "SMELL" that the dog has PARVO and needs to be put down. Seriously are you a trained vet to make such a diagnosis in which an animal is put down as a result?? Are you the same person who told my sister her cat in which she rescued was nuetered at PROVIDENCE ANIMAL SHELTER?? Later after the "surgery" and the fee was paid in full her new vet informed her that the cat was in fact NOT NUETERED. She had the same luck as Tysons friends and family did with getting in touch or someone to help her!! NONE!! When she FINALLY was able to get in touch with PAS she was given the run around and heard those famous words "the check is in the mail". Well after waiting weeks she threatened to get a lawyer and POOF the refund check appeared!! What type of people are in charge of running the shelter? What is their training or experience required to work and run a shelter?? I can say this when I was looking to rescue 2 dogs and a cat there was not ONE person at the shelter that helped us in our search. They just showed us where to enter and exit. Thankfully we found rescue agencies with educated compassionate people who truely are working for the animals. Maybe people who are "burnt out" or are not educated in their field should quit their job and let someone with better qualifications fill their positions. I can tell you something after reading Tysons story I smell something and it certainly is not PARVO!!!!!!!

Wendy Rabitor

#35 Who hires these people?

2010-09-15 18:26

In order to change the way they operate, maybe we need to find out what the chain of command is and who hires for all the positions there.  What criteria is required?  Is there any training? Are there any background checks done on people hired there?  Is there even previous experience required or is it "who you know" and "all about the money"?  I hope that Tyson's death is not in vain but, serves as a catalyst to protect all animals from heartless, ignorant people that hold these positions.

My heart breaks for all of Tyson's friends and family, thankfully; he had people that loved him while he was here and continue to do so.  I am truly sorry for your loss.

Robert Gerardi

#36 LUVPITS

2010-09-15 19:28

I can only say one thing. It's  a horrible act by another uneducated person regarding the breed. There are several other ways to stop a Pit Bull or any other dog in a situation like that.  The population of dogs in this country is so large that all police should be training for these situations in depth.. If we continue to expose these stories about Pit Bulls. The more people can learn to live with Pit Bulls. . Pitties have been in my life for 25 years and I have never had any problems not one.    R.I.P.  Tyson

Susan Benedetti

#37 BAD move buddy!

2010-09-15 20:23

This was a terrible,  avoidable loss as are SO many regarding mainly Pit Bull's.

If the man that did this to Tyson didn't take the time to look into the situation further before KILLING him. Maybe he need's to look into another job he's more qualified for!

Janine Guiliams

2010-09-15 20:33

Best petition I have ever had the pleasure of signing!!

Rui Correia

#39 Tyson

2010-09-15 21:21

Heard bout your story lil guy. dogs are just like people they shouldnt be desriminated on there breed just like people shouldnt be based on skin color or race. i am a proud owner of a Pitbull named Bronx and id personally would hate to see this done to him. People who work at Animal Shelters say they are there cuz they care for the animals but they dont as we can see. i personally think the guy who picked up the dog and "accidently forgot" or "couldnt remember" of pick'n up the dog just a few hours prior should be shot in the ass with the needle and then locked up in a freezer for 3 days before we ash him up. like seriously dude how can u look at yourself in the mirror everyday. wit a A-hole.

Ramona Silvia

#40 Not Doing There Job

2010-09-15 22:13

ACO's are suppose to MAKE EVERY EFFORT to reunite pets with thier owners. I am very ashamed & disgusted in how Providence's ACO's handle thier job responsibilities. It scares the pants off of me knowing I am a Providence resident and should my dog get loose, she would more than likely be euthanized.  

erica gutierrez

#41 WRONG!

2010-09-15 22:35

WHY DIDNT THIS MAKE THE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POOR PITBULLS SUFFER EVERYDAY DO TO COWARDS THE ACO OFFICERS YOU SHOULD LOVE ANIMALS AND TRY TO HELP THERE WERE SO MANY PEEOPLE ASKING FOR TYSON SHAME ON YOU

5d0a5585-cd00-43f1-8124-f534ecb97e36
SHIRLEY KELLEY

#42 THIS NEEDS TO STOP

2010-09-15 23:13

Like the old saying goes.... There is no such thing as a bad dog.. Only bad owners. And its a shame that such a loving, loyal. Breed is been exterminated in this state. Simply due to tons of BACK YARD BREEDERS. Here liese the problem. These beautiful dogs winding up in the wrong hands. Here is an idea... WHY NOT EXTERMINATE THE BACK YARD BREEDERS NOT THE DOGS.......

Athena Elizabeth Avery
The author of this petition

#43 news

2010-09-15 23:17

It was on the news

Patricia Surratt

#44 ACO's

2010-09-16 00:49

Number one job requirement for ACO's should be to love animals. If this POS were a pedophile working at the school, murdering children, he'd get a death sentence. He's a dog hater that uses his position to murder people's beloved pets. He probably won't even lose his job...unless people stand up and shout for this dog!

Isaac akes

#45 For the love of one

2010-09-16 04:31

these people are the ones that are suppose to take care of our dogs. i know that there are many out there that board there dog with such people when they go on vacation or at least the small town were i am from it is the same place. I just want you to think about how many loved ones have died at the hand of these people because they assumed something as this with all the new test that are out there for these things and for someone to say well i thought it smelled like parvo that is just unexplainable. that would be like a doc. saying that a kid looks like he aids and killing him. it just is not right.

i hope that justice is found and these people have to face there actions.

Stanley Williams

#46 Tyson

2010-09-16 18:02

Pit bull type dogs can be loving, loyal, and true friends.  Many are killed in shelters every day because of the overpopulation issue in our Country.  To destroy an animal who was on his way to his new family with complete disregard for him or his new family is wrong.  I have a rescued pit bull and she is my world.  I am an older gentleman who has raised his family and am enjoying my greatgrandchildren.  Casey, my pit bull is my family now.  Our relationship is a give and take, I know every day when I come home she will meet me at the door with a smile and a happy to see you. I never got that from my ex wife.  Had this been my dog you had destroyed I would be livid in my reaction to finding out you had not only put my animal to sleep but had also lied repeatedly about her where abouts.  Dog owners everywhere are upset by these actions.  This is what our tax dollars go for?  What you did was wrong and now you must take responsibilities for those actions.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2010-09-16 20:56

Doreene H

#48 Tyson killed by PAC

2010-09-16 21:59

can't understand why this happened? very sad story..but i'm sure there are more. shame on them!

#49 Re: Who hires these people?

2010-09-16 22:02

#35: Wendy Rabitor - Who hires these people? 

They are city employees - part of a union - the 'good old boys' club and they have had their jobs for a long time - some as long as 20 years!!!!  A huge protest needs to be done to get the NEW MAYOR to do something about this slaughterhouse....go to the ACO's FB pages - Michael DiSano, Sharon Manni Arnold...not ONE SINGLE MENTION of 'hey adopt this dog' - or come to the pound and see this beautiful cat - not even a word about the animals they have in their care....not a single thing except negative derogatory remarks made towards shelter VOLUNTEERS from Attleboro that cared sooooo much about Tyson that they formed a search party, posted flyers, and called the PAC multiple times on a daily basis. they only have one volunteer left there because all of the others have QUIT because they HATE SEEING THE ANIMALS TREATED WITH ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT!!!!

Carol Gedman

#50 GOD BLESS YOU TYSON

2010-09-17 01:19

I'm totally appauled by this story. This is one that we know about. I shutter to think of the one's that we don't hear about. I went through a similiar incident with my cay, involving volunteer services for animals in Providence. So I know how heart breaking it is. I will be at Tysons memorial service. I just want to say Thank you to all of the people that work so hard being a voice for animals. Animals should be an example to all the cruel people in the world. They know only LOVE. Let's keep on fighting and protecting animals and only hope that someday the world changes. And to Providence Animal Shelter.......How the HELL do you sleep at night ? But I believe the wheel of justice does turn. Maybe slowly at times, but believe me, it turns. You'll meet up with Tyson again someday...........GOOD LUCK !