Right to use sign language in educational programmes

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Right to use sign language in educational programmes.

jeff broad

#176 Fantastic...maybe now people will think about the fact that communication is a basic human right

2010-09-23 01:46

Equal rights for all!!!maybe NOW the people who have in the past refused to listen,will understand that united we stand!!

Luz Adames

#177 This is our right

2010-09-23 02:02

Please sign it ASAP!

#178 si mas importante lengua señas

2010-09-23 02:12

si importante lengua señas en COlombia por el derecho idoma de lengua señas para respetar que somos sordos colombianos.

Valerie Saulle

#179 Valerie Saulle

2010-09-23 02:22

Have more deaf teachers who can teach students sign language

Kyle Miers

#180 It takes two to tango.

2010-09-23 02:38

Sign Language + spoken Langauge = bilingual. therefore bilingual + knowledge = opportunities.

Dennis Bacon

#181 Sign Language is our true communication!

2010-09-23 02:41

Must have our own sign language as our brain will function to show better education.

SEAN SEWELL

2010-09-23 02:56

I FULLY AGREE FOR CHILDREN OR STUDENTS IN TAFE OR ANYWHERE ELSE TO USE SIGN LANGUAGE TO LEARN ITS THEIR RIGHT WHEN I WAS GROWING UP I LEARNT BSL BUT WAS NOT ALLOED TO USE IT IN SCHOOL GOT PUNISHED IF I DID BUT IT NEVER STOPPED ME LATER IN LIFE TO LEARN SIGNED ENGLISH AND NOW I AM FULLY AUSLAN AND I TEACH AUSLAN TO HEARING IMPAIRED PEOPLE WILL KEEP USING SIGN LANGUAGE TILL I DROP                                                                             GOD BLESS

SEAN

sandra milena mora mora

#183 sandra mora

2010-09-23 03:10

necesita lengua seña todos sordos colombia por favor mejor derecha sordos. att sandra mora

Monica Longo

2010-09-23 03:13

por una mejor calidad de vida del sordo en todo aspecto!!!

Terrylene Sacchetti

#185 Clerc's Children is for Sign Language all over the world!

2010-09-23 03:14

Please help us win $50,000 so we can complete bilingual website for families with deaf infants & toddlers. We also have our lessons in LSM, JSL and ASL! Vote for our idea at www.refresheverything.com/4DeafToddlers

Visit our website: www.clercschildren.com

Thank you!

Jennifer Webb

#186 Jennifer Webb

2010-09-23 03:34

I can't believe they are denying Deaf people the use of Sign Language.  It is a violation of human rights. I am profoundly Deaf and have used Sign Language all my life. It is my language and I love it. Get out of the dark ages, this is 2010!!!  Stop oppressing our beautiful language... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

Richard Waters

2010-09-23 03:37

The times have changed and society has changed, science has proven that sign language is a natural language just like spoken english there is no reason not to allow deaf children and adults learn in their primary language.

I am not deaf but am currently learning Australian Sign Language (Auslan) and it is going to help me greatly in my future career as a Psychologist, not only that but Auslan is an amazingly complex and beautiful language!

This is descrimination at its most base, and its time that we opened out eyes - LITERALLY!

Larynne Moir

#188 Sign language in education

2010-09-23 03:54

I support this petition 100% - for too long Deaf have been denied a basic human right, denied access to education in a method that includes them and denied cultural respect.

The hearing people of Milan created a monster that in 2010 still has power and control  - time is well over due for Deaf to to be 'heard' and seen.

Best wishes for every success xx

elizabeth arias

2010-09-23 04:04

soy sorda vive colombia . debo senas

LUIS ALEXANDER CAICEDO ALVAREZ

#190 GRAN RAZON LENGUA DE SEÑAS

2010-09-23 04:08

LAS COMUNIDADES SORDAS TIENEN EXPRESAR LENGUA DE SEÑAS POR QUE SOMOS HUMANOS DE EXPRESAR COMO SU FORMACION COMUNCIACIONES DE LA LENGUA DE SEÑAS , ESTAN LOS CONOCIMIENTOS DE LA VIDA CALIDA ME DA ENRIQUCER DE LA LENGUA DE SEÑAS REALIDAD ....

jeannette ramirez m.

#191 respeto en la comunidad sorda

2010-09-23 04:13

La Lengua de Señas Colombiana es la lengua utilizada por la comunidad sorda de nuestro país. Fue reconocida oficialmente en el año 1996, durante el gobierno del Dr. Ernesto Samper Pizano, mediante la Ley 324. El artículo 2 reza así: “El Estado colombiano reconoce la lengua de señas como propia de la comunidad sorda del país”. Esta lengua se caracteriza por ser visual y corporal, es decir la comunicación se establece con el cuerpo en un espacio determinado.  LA LENGUA DE SEÑAS COLOMBIANA

Sandra Hoopmann

#192 Right to use sign language in educational programmes

2010-09-23 04:20

Sign language is the natural language for deaf people.  To deny deaf children and adults their natural language in learning and education is to deny them the right and benefit to expand their knowledge.

For the dominately hearing world, that learning is taken for granted.  For those of us who are deaf, we have to fight for that right. Good education with teachers fluent in sign language and deaf culture opens that window to a wider world.  We benefit all around with that learning.

Alexandra Powers

2010-09-23 04:44

Finally, things are getting fixed and turning around!

Meanoa McFall

#194 Right to use sign language in educational programmes

2010-09-23 04:52

I fully support the use of sign language in educational programmes..

coleen hogan

#195 milan 1880

2010-09-23 05:00

I'm about to turn 60 years old.

As a child in the 50s I wanted to be a music teacher in my old grade school. As a college student in the 70s I prepared to realize that dream of mine. As a graduate working in my studied field of Music Education...I was disapointed with my poor carreer choice. A good choice for others, but a poor choice for me.I hated it. I was sick for a month.

Then in 1978 I married the first Deaf person I ever met.He was raised in the Oral Camp,didn't req Amslam,but I went to school to learn it anyhow.My Deaf teacher Norma Englund encouraged me.

As an Interpreter Student,1980,Waubonsee Community College,Sugar Grove IL...I heard about Milan for the very first time.I was appalled then and I am still appalled now.

I will always vote for the Right To Use Sign Language in Ed.Progs.,ie the native language of the Deaf  Student in every part of the world.Ironically, no one country calls Sign Language their native language.

I will always be disgusted at the evidence of ignorange shown inMilan in 1880.

Still choking up and crying and infuriated,

Coleen Hogan

carlos andres moncada restrepo

#196 la asocaciones del las jovenes de sordos

2010-09-23 06:03

me llamo yo soy carlos andres moncada y tambien soy liderazgo con los lideres es sordos y nacio en colombia en cuidad medellin.

tengo muchas derechos los sordos tienen derecho lengua signo! en los programas educativos
Federación.

alejandro padilla

2010-09-23 06:22

yo soy maestro de educacion bilingue para comunidad Lengua de señas , y es hermoso transmitir conocimiento y es mas especial cuando tienes personas con discapacidad auditivo

tuve una alumnos personas sordo este cicl o escolar y aprendi LSM para comunicarme con ella... simplemente es hermoso el trabajo que hacen todos uds. :D

me desde culiacán! :D

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2010-09-23 06:31

lizeth fernanda carreño montaña

2010-09-23 06:36

yo soy  lizeth lizeth carreño .... nacion a vivir  colombia  en  bogota ........

q  estudiante  universidad  en  la carrera  a educacion fisica ........

Viniendo de un usuario de la lengua de signos desde la infancia,  al ambos firmados para  del nos  sordas/os , si lo era para el uso de lenguaje de señas.....

Gracias  atenciona  me

Teresa Thomson

#200 Time for Change

2010-09-23 06:47

Too many children with Hearing loss are not encouraged to learn Sign Language in Australia. It needs to be introduced early and available to learn in schools and Universities.