Right to use sign language in educational programmes

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Right to use sign language in educational programmes.

Jessica Jones

#51 Sign Language is Beautiful

2010-09-21 22:21

Please dont continue to steal the voice of Deaf Children. Educate the Deaf Youth Correctly with sign language.  Signing is natural!

v-paloma bjarnek

#52 Save our sign language

2010-09-21 22:25

for all deaf people , deaf children , we want to keep the sign language for the all deaf schools international .

the sign language is our life , our hope , our future !

Desmond Kahard

#53 Education is key, therefore signlanguage

2010-09-21 22:26

As one of these millions around the world that rellies on Sign Language as mode of communication in day to day operation, I wish to strongly support the petition on use of Sign Language in educational programmes.

The benefit is shared between the parties. When education stage is complete, the graduate who are employed in service providing companies are easy to access by the Deaf/hearing impaired persons.

Sylvia Montelongo

#54 Sign Language is a legitimate , three dimensional language

2010-09-21 22:51

I support the efforts of this petition to guarantee that Sign Language be recognized as a language appropriate to use for instruction in educatiional programmes. Peoples lives have been enriched by the used and instruction of sign language.

Erikson Young

#55 Sign Language is our HUMAN RIGHTS!

2010-09-21 23:11

Sign language is our human rights! You have a right to use sign language at anywhere!

Maureen Miller

#56 Language

2010-09-21 23:11

We accomidate children who speak Spanish and ASL is more than a language. It is how deaf children understand concepts and totally understand the entirety of the thoughts. To ban ASL is taking away their identity.

Diane Plassey Gutierrez

#57 Long overdue

2010-09-21 23:18

The damage oralism has done to my family and to others like it is incalculable. The sanity that this petition seeks to bring about is long overdue.

#58 Viktig teckensprak.

2010-09-21 23:35

Det ar bra holder med teckensprak,skall inte borta!Min family ar dova,jag sjalv ar dova,mina 2 barna ar dova.Det ar valdigt fint med teckensprak ock komunicasjonen!Vi stoder absolut!

GuestNadia Filipova

#59 Re: Viktig teckensprak.

2010-09-21 23:36

Jennifer Jacobs

2010-09-21 23:37

I believe it is very important for deaf students to have the option to use Sign Language in schools.  The way that they have been treated in the recent past has often been a form of abuse (having their hands tied to stop them from signing in class etc) and that should not continue.

Beth Peterson

2010-09-21 23:37

As a former teacher of Deaf students, I understand the benefits of learning sign language at an early age.  There was a tremendous difference in language fluency and overall intelligence in students that learned sign at a very young age despite their parents being hearing or Deaf.  Students that were fluent in sign, as opposed to oral students that were forced to speak and not sign, learned to read and write English much faster; were able to communicate their thoughts and feelings with little effort; and had more friends and a much happier disposition. 

Jacob Clakley

2010-09-21 23:52

your signatures are needed and this is a petition for everyone's benifit

Brittani Vincent

2010-09-22 00:05

It's the natural language of D/deaf people. I support sign language all the way!

2010-09-22 00:12

Sign language is a gift and should be celebrated not denied.  Individuals that learn sign language succeed more then those who don't use sign.

Frouke van Winsum

2010-09-22 00:23

this is a good job!

JOANNE SIMS

#66 The right to have Language

2010-09-22 00:42

I think the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing community should be able to use any language they wish. If we in the United Stated are supplying documents and information in Spanish, then why can't we accomodate the Deaf community in provinding them the right to have ASL supplied. I fully agree with them using their Natural language.

Michael Parremore

#67 Denounce Milan 1880

2010-09-22 01:15

Bilingual education is the way to go... give students choice of communication to maximise their learning potential.

Alejandro Nucker

#68 Deaf and Resolutions

2010-09-22 01:46

I think a petition is a good opportunity for positive change. We must help us achieve our objective in all facets of life!

Robertta Thoryk

#69 WFD petition to recognize ALL LANGUAGES INCLUDING ASL

2010-09-22 01:52

It is TOTALLY ridiculous that there is still a need to fight for this. Years of research and linguistic analysis stand behind the community's own knowledge that American Sign Language is unique, rule-based, and complete. It's time for the tyranny of educators interested in maintaining their own jobs and missionary control over a community to be ended.  The multi-decade experiment on deaf children has not resulted in higher quality of life or maximized use of talents.  Voice your support for ASL in the schools so that we can EDUCATE not "rehabilitate!" 

Rebecca Reihm

#70 you have my support!

2010-09-22 02:49

lets go for it!

Kate Matairavula

#71 Deaf Education

2010-09-22 03:13

In my part of the world, it is either/or. Either speech or sign language and usually when the speech acquisition fails first. Why are we so afraid of giving deaf children two languages when most of the world is multi-lingual? Why do we neglect their emotional, social and cultural development? We need to embrace the diversity deafness brings to the world and embrace sign languages.

Claudio Gómez

#72 NO DISCRIMINACION

2010-09-22 03:25

EL DERECHO A LA EDUCACION Y A LA INFORMACION DEBE SER IGUAL PARA TODOS EN ARGENTINA Y EN EL MUNDO ENTERO.

Jack Mackenzie

#73 hey

2010-09-22 04:09

Lets join my cause.  I count u every members in my families and friends. Come On.  Only take you a min to fill out !

Bruce Beveridge

#74 Rights for ALL

2010-09-22 04:55

All people diserve access to education! it should not matter in what lanauge youlearn in!

Robert Leeson

#75 Give Deaf back our quality of life!

2010-09-22 05:14

Deaf people have a right to education in the language they understand, and to have a quality of life without hearing people interfering with an opinion of their own how or what Deaf people should do.