Dear Government - Gareth Cliff's Letter To The South African Government

Arthur Markham

#1 Gareth Cliff

2010-10-21 15:21

Gareth is intelligent, talented and articulate. He should be the ANCYL leader. Oh he is white so that will never happen. The truth hurts does it not you ANC failures and drop outs. How is a perceived rapist and corrupt individual, a polygamist, an uneducated person such as Zuma going to have an intelligent debate. Even a 10 year old will tie him up in knots. Get real and stop thinking with your emotions or one would think you do not have brains to think with.
CARMEN GOODRICH

#2 Dear Government - Gareth Cliff's Letter To The SA Government

2010-10-21 20:10

Gareth for PRESIDENT!
Cyndi Combrinck

2010-10-22 10:32

Gareth's usual tact and charm :) doesn't take away from the truth of what he has said
Michael Vetrovsky

#4 Well Done

2010-10-22 10:34

We all need to stand up, enough is enough.
Well done Gareth and all the best.
Art Goosen

#5 Breath of fresh air

2010-10-22 11:41

About time someone STOOD UP and let the govt KNOW what the perception we have of them DOWN ON THE GROUND! People ARE seriously cheesed off that there has been NO CHANGE in the past 17 years, things only got WORSE!

Last time I heard, all and sundry currently IN GOVT were NOT ROYALTY! They were elected to SERVE the people of SA, ALL CLOLOURS, not a select few that are CONNECTED to Govt... the TENDER WINNERS!

Am waiting to see or hear of the govt's response to this letter... if there will be one. Am not holding my breath!

Tanja White

#6 Dear Goverment

2010-10-22 15:56

Well i don't think many people could have put that any better!!!!!
jan morren

#7 want to know your future?

2010-10-23 10:52

Read about the past to know your future in this so called democracy: The State of Africa - A History of Fifty Years of Independence by
Martin Meredith
Johan Koch

#8 Dear Government - Gareth Cliff's Letter To The South African Government

2010-10-24 23:56

Glad to see someone willing to tell it like it is!!!
Izak Labuschagne

#9 Condonation, the desease

2010-10-25 02:36

If you turn a blind eye to crime, then you condone it and thereby become an accomplice.

If you incite murder you are as much a murderer as the poor uneducated fool you revved up to do the dirty for you.

By the ANC appealing the Kill the boer judgment they have shown us all who the real farm murderers are.

Their intent having been made so clear they should expect that people will defend themselves.

Why wait for the ANC to pull the trigger when they are already so white-knuckled about it.

Trevor Botha

#10 Nail on the head

2010-10-25 09:18

Perfect....... This is it all in a nutshell. All 100% correct and true.

Brutally honest...

Well done Gareth
Laetitia Clark

#11 OUR Government

2010-10-25 09:31

About time someone actually told it like it is.
Jesica De Beer

#12 Petition

2010-10-25 10:04

We need more of them.
ISAAC RUBIN

2010-10-25 10:11

Francois de Wet

#14 Good Job G

2010-10-25 10:16

Good letter, but because he is a whitey it probably won't get far. His last comment about a revolution might even be seen by the Government as a Threat to plan some sort of military action.

It won't surprise me if they even try to charge Gareth with some sort of bogus charge in order for him to be locked up for a night in our luxurious prisons, where the inmates will try to make him a "bitch".

None the less, good letter Gareth, lets hope you gain support for this and maybe you can be the one who makes Julius your "Garden Boy" seeing as he is only educated enough to do garden work.
Billy Cox

#15 DEAR GOVERNMENT

2010-10-25 10:26

Mr President, please remember, your people (ANC SACP) voted you in.
Our people (South Africa) will vote you OUT!!
You are not every ones Hero, Sir!
C. Penn

#16 Great stuff!

2010-10-25 10:30

Well written, to the point, covering most areas of the failures of the Government and showing the education lacking in the general population of children nowadays, apart from the corruption which needed to be addressed so desperately - now we need a harsh letter regarding the crime rate...what the Government will do to clamp down on that problem and other areas..... go for it Gareth, if you continue at this rate, you might just make a difference.

Timothy Unwin

#17 why?

2010-10-25 11:05

Its disgusting that we need to sign something like this just to get some hope for the future of this country. I'm at a stage where I think all our government members should be shot and replaced with monkeys - who I believe will do a better job.
Leith Nagle

#18 Gareth Cliff's Letter

2010-10-25 11:38

Thank goodness somebody has had the insight to talk about what worries most people in SA. Good for you Gareth.

2010-10-25 12:07

but we can never recover the money stolen though ...sadly...but something drastictly has to be done to stop these tyrants..
Bernadene Louw

#20 Mrs

2010-10-25 12:18

Baie waar, dit is hoe meeste van ons Afrikaners voel. Net een party word bevoordeel en die ander deel moet net betaal! Skeer almal onder dieselfde kam!
Leah Schoeman

#21 Thank you, Gareth Cliff

2010-10-25 12:22

He is saying what everyone is thinking, but don't all have the power or the medium to be able to communicate our concerns or yet even the fact that it might not be take seriously !!!!
Hazel Sayer

#22 Make a Difference...

2010-10-25 12:31

End apathy and start making your voices heard
Ziggy

#23 Speech

2010-10-25 13:07

When one becomes afraid to use your right to "Freedom of Speech"... can it still be call "Freedom of Speech"...

Well said Gareth...
Conrad Maritz

#24 SA GOVERNMENT

2010-10-25 13:34

The right time to do the right thing is now - soon there will be no time left, for people who put you into government are slowly but surely seeing your real colors and attitude. To be elected brings more responsibility than you probably had bargained for, or are capable to handle. Put the right people in the right places(not the right colour people in all the right places), in order to be successful and to prosper. Admit that you are a total failure, that BEE is not working, that young students did not live under apartheid and should therefore be granted equal opportunities in life, that quotas in sport(only some sports) is discriminating and harmful. Also admit that you are discriminating against white people in this country(reserved job opportunities, quotas is some sport, BEE, and the list can go on and on and on.....) and that you are therefore racist and none better that apartheid. Admit this and countless other instances where you are failing those that has put you in power in our country, then get off your backsides and do what is right - and that is to serve this country and it's people, for that is what you were elected for. But hurry, for the time to do the right thing is running out! God bless in this endevour for the brave and the real heroes.
Dale Mulholland

#25 The right stuff

2010-10-25 13:42

Somebody needed to tell these pillocks (Government) what we are all thinking. Enough is enough if they think we are prepared to live in total chaos, they are mistaken, our new leaders will emerge from this mess and if there is half a chance of them doing better than the current Government the will get my vote, mine and everybody I know black, white, brown whatever their race, color or creed we will take our country back to being successful.