MAKE RIVERSLEY PARK SAFE!!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition MAKE RIVERSLEY PARK SAFE!!.

JENNY BOND

#1 unfinished

2010-10-25 23:12

who ever thought sand was a good idea wants shooting as most of the older children spent more time throwing it in faces of others and as small children climbed up the slides the sand of the shoes of the one in front went in there faces and whats to stop all the animals fouling in the sand and making the children ill and there is also fencing needed to keep small children from wandering towards the river .

2010-10-25 23:20

this was really not thought through the park it self is ace but with having 3 small children the lack of a fence is concerning the sand is also an issue as jenny said animals fouling in it and children throwin are all health and safty issues
charlotte dimbleby

2010-10-26 00:34

i had to tell some silly teenagers as kids were getting kicked in the face while going up on the big slide and also chucking sand.where has the security gone for the park being closed off at night get some safety or else this poor park will be ruined x come on council sort it out x
Loraine Tebbett

#4 Unsafe for so many reasons.

2010-10-26 00:40

I was extremely disappointed this afternoon. I have an 11 year old, a 2 year old and a 1 year old. I kept my 1 year old in her pushchair because I didnt want her eating the sand, her having it thrown in her face or slipping on the paths because of it. I also did not want her running to the river as there is no fence at all!! My 2 year old and 11 year old were lost twice, and as a parent that is my worst nightmare. My partner spent the afternoon chasing my 2 year old around and he had to walk home wet through because another child soaked him at the water pump. He was very upset and uncomfortable. I think having the water pump is a very bad idea, a child can drown in an inch of water! The sand is going to be a haven for dog fouling so we will not be going again untill all these problems are rectified!
fran ashley

2010-10-26 00:42

I took my 2 1/2 yr ol there it was far too overcrowded she was almost pushedd off the top by teenagers messing arund on it. they were all throwing sand she had it in her eyes her mouth everywhere i had to take her home after 20 minutes as she was so distressed i think the whole thng was rushed so it was ready 4 2day how can u 4getbasic things like a FENCE A PATH TOILETS. it would have made snse to put the sand in a separateare area the equipment is great but maybe mre for toddlers could have been provided.