Save the Danish National Chamber Orchestra

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save the Danish National Chamber Orchestra.

2014-09-10 16:27

A large part of my image of Denmark is of its cultural richness, especialy that of its music. Hitherto it has been a very positive image of the land of Nielsen. An image that is now sadly tarnished....

2014-09-10 20:23

I am shocked that the elimination of the Danish National Chamber Orchestra is even being considered. If budgetary cuts are absolutely necessary, they should be made elsewhere. The Danish National Chamber Orchestra enriches the lives of so many people, and provides music which is unavailable elsewhere. The world will be a sadder, more desolate place if the Danish National chamber Orchestra is eliminated.

2014-09-10 21:14

I feel like only few words are needed. This Orchestra is too good to be discontinued due to savings, it sets a brilliant example for mixing all kinds of worlds in music in a very professional, interesting and also broad way.

2014-09-11 04:32

Please maintain our cultural way of life. Allowing to wither away is not good people......look at what is going on.

2014-09-11 04:41

It's really impressive: Culture is always the first target when they decide to cut expenses! Culture is not a commodity, it takes decades to create a solid Orchestra - why throwing away such a good work?

2014-09-11 05:16

Certainly we have to save this Orchestra being an important part of our danish culture. Ir seems that the focus of spending millions lies in light intertaining programs, which to me adds absolutely nothing to our culture with music or artists.

2014-09-11 09:58

mad people.

2014-09-11 10:16

All of the people involved in the orchestra, from management downwards should agree to take minimum wage as salary.  Then - they may find that their argument to keep the orchestra going is more palatable to the people paying taxes who have no interest in classical music.

Tina B

#34 Re:

2014-09-11 11:08

#17: -  

Agree

2014-09-11 17:48

no more music, no more joy.
ps

#36 Re:

2014-09-11 18:58

#12: -  

Helt enig. DR er desværre mere og mere i pladebranchens og middelmådighedens vold med ligegyldige klaphatte som Blackman, uforståelige fyringer af populære værter med meninger og tom  robotstyret playola i prorgramfladen.

For at citerer en af de numre der ustandselig kører i cirkulation på DR: 

"alt føles som tomgang"

2014-09-11 23:24

Saving the Danish National Chamber Orchestra is very important, because it provides interesting and unique musical experiences for the public. It is a vehicle for emotional communication through music, be it early music or contemporary music, and more musical diversity gives more complex emotions a voice, which helps people cope with--and find meaning in--everyday life. I find the Danish National Chamber Orchestra's mission compelling, because, as a person with autism, I learned to communicate verbally through music therapy and musical performance in general. By saving the Danish National Chamber Orchestra, we can save an important social and emotional outlet for everyone. After all, music communicates in great detail what words cannot express. Saving the Danish National Chamber Orchestra means saving communication channels in addition to jobs. Long live music!

Best wishes to the orchestra and musicians all around the world,

Harris McSheffery

2014-09-12 17:24

test test test

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-09-12 21:15

2014-09-12 21:46

Outrageous that a fine orchestra is being suppressed (and musicians ARE real people).

2014-09-13 05:21

Cultural murder

2014-09-13 08:40

Beautiful music and musicians are so important in a society that respects art, development, creativity and emotions. We need more of it in our world.

2014-09-13 09:25

As far as I've heard, Danish people are the happiest on the planet. I guess partly because they listen to the music of the Danish National Chamber Orchestra. What will happen to the Danish nation, if this orchestra ceases to exist?

2014-09-13 15:20

You can remove the main branches of a tree, but along with it you remove its fruit.

2014-09-14 00:43

So hard to be a musician....
So....
...this is "new age"... ok, sure...but truly...

We musicians are one of the primary means of the communication (of the heart)...we are very skilled facilitators, for people and their needs that cannot (often) otherwise be expressed.....
"Stop right there"...do you think this? or do you think that you "aren't sure about this?"....

OK. When did you last listen to YOUR favorite music? No matter what type?
Odds are you listened to it recently indeed, even in the last 30 minutes...

MUSICIANS provided this to YOU. You listen to what music you love EVERY DAY...
for A REASON.
WE....the MUSICIANS....we are the spirit healers of our society.

We have genuinely moved and impacted people at every single performance or appearance... Every one....seriously....
and yet, we are the first to be considered expendable...every city, every country....
WHY?
Logical postulate: Modern life does not value the spirit...... some do not even recognize the spirit exists....
Conclusion: therefore Modern life is shallow and shortsighted beyond belief...

The good news is,
We are STILL here playing, singing, performing as we love to do...For YOU.

God bless you All... and may His Spirit of Love through Music inspire you always.

2014-09-14 10:26

Keep the Wonderful orchestra, its a cultural murder

2014-09-14 12:55

Another example of a government that knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing. Best of luck to the DNCO!!
Giuseppe

2014-09-14 14:14

All the best

2014-09-15 09:08

For God's sake, people! Why on Earth would you cut funding for a unique orchestra, yet continue to throw gobs of money at standardized, cookie-cutter tripe like Saturday night talent shows? Leave that shite to the commercial channels.

2014-09-15 10:04

The same happened in Italy few years ago... Was it worthed? Absolutely not. Shame