Save the night train from Denmark to Europe

Save the night train from Denmark to Europe / Announcements / Goodbye to the “Danish” night train? / Comments

2014-10-26 20:24

The let us hope that there will be no strike of the german Train Drivers on this night (and the Train will canceld). At the Moment they haven acounchend only a "pace-time" until midnight.

2014-10-26 21:07

Thanks for organizing
I'll come the night before with the nearly last night train from Berlin to dance with you on the 2nd!!
Berit

2014-10-26 21:31

Good job till the end! Thumps up

2014-10-26 22:58

Thanks for doing all this.

2014-10-27 04:52

Congratulations ! What a great idea to spill it out with energy and with the end goal of "seeing the train soon again!" If we do'nt envision the night train coming back into service it probably never will. Greetings form Geneva from where for 20 years we've been travelling yearly to Basel to catch that train for Copenhagen...
Umanakka

2014-10-27 05:31

Good luck and all the best.

2014-10-27 07:13

Thanks Poul
I will be there - under the clock !
Carl Georg
with Leitra Velomobile

2014-10-27 07:37

Dear Sir,

I want to thank you for all those Germans having travelled by this train southwards.

It is a typical indication of the two railway ompanies and the responsible politicians of ignoring the need for preserving international railway connections within Europe.

Yours,
Gerd Holger Wuerfel, M.A.

2014-10-27 11:58

I wish all together a good luck
Martin

#10 Basel

2014-10-27 13:03

The last train leaves Basel on Sunday 18.26. Meet me there.

German-swede

#11 Initiative from Friends of the Earth

2014-10-28 12:55

First, thank you for organizing this. I did my last trip with the night train some weeks ago, and I received my last visitors per night train this weekend.

Then I'd like to inform you that apparently more night trains are at stake, and that Friends of the Earth Sweden have started an email campaign to the national railway authorities, Deutsche Bahn and the others, to protest against the end of a number of night train routes.

For what it's worth, if you all are interested, here's the link:

http://www.jordensvanner.se/trafik/save-the-european-night-trains

Cheers from Sweden.

2014-10-29 12:25

Hello Poul,

thank you for your initiave. I think you have great plans. But I would advice now to announce the action with the station-management of the Kobenhavn Centralstasion. Otherwise he have to be aware, that shortly after the beginning security guards might stop the activities.

Because I am in Britain at the moment, I will not come and join you. It is a little bit far. :)

Tak för aktions.
Martin