Medi-link extension

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Medi-link extension.

andrew brown
The author of this petition

2014-11-04 08:34

This extension is urgently required to allow access for the people of South Notts to the Hospitals of Nottingham

2014-11-06 07:02

Each bus seems to be empty going through Sutton Bonington, although it is used by a few villagers from Thrumpton/Barton.

Marian Young.

2014-11-06 18:54

The 63 and 65 country bus services to the Queen’s Medical Centre (QMC) were withdrawn in August 2014. They provided people living in the villages of South Nottinghamshire and the Soar Valley with direct and easy access to the Queen’s Medical Centre and through the Medi-link service with a quick connection to Nottingham City Hospital. The service was used by patients and hospital visitors as well as staff. As a result of the withdrawal, people now have to go to the centre of the city and change to another bus to get them to QMC. This doubles the journey time (at least) and prolongs what could be an ordeal. Even the new tram service from Clifton Park & Ride will not provide a direct service to the QMC.

In the villages the numbers of elderly people with their attendant health problems are increasing and they need easy access to local hospitals
Personally I relied on the number 63 to get to work and now I face more time and expense.

2014-11-06 19:05

Visitors to the QMC and City Hospital need an easy direct service. This is the next best thing to a direct service for the South Notts villages. It will also take the pressure off the current park & ride sites.

2014-11-06 23:01

Without more direct transport many of the residents in East Leake will be unable to access the hospitals in Nottingham. This would be an ideal way of connecting the link.
ELman

#6 Joined up transport and thinking

2014-11-06 23:03

Without more direct transport many of the residents in East Leake will be unable to access the hospitals in Nottingham. This would be an ideal way of connecting the link.

2014-11-06 23:07

Medilink is perfect transport to the hospital but we need to connect East Leake to it. Having this extension would be ideal.

2014-11-07 09:12

Great idea

2014-11-07 09:14

As the County Council unilaterally scrapped the 63 service I hope that they can now see the error of their ways.

2014-11-07 10:06

I feel that this petition, shouldn't need to happen to enable what we require.

2014-11-07 10:13

I fully support the petition will be an essential service for those living South of the City

2014-11-07 10:42

It's a necessary service for us living in the country

2014-11-09 17:05

This would be excellent for staff working at the hospital.relieving pressure at the hospital.i dont think the staff would even mind small charges.

2014-11-10 10:45

Extending this service can help a number of people that will otherwise struggle to get to the hospital

2014-11-10 11:50

A connection from Clifton Park & Ride to the QMC is very neccessary

2014-11-12 12:11

Not quite sure how adding the medi link to clifton would help the elderly in some of the villages as would still need to get to clifton. People in Bunny for example wouldn't benefit as no bus from bunny to Clifton and if there was is no better than catch ing a bus into town and out again, it's still 2 buses 

2014-11-14 09:12

How would we get from Ruddington to the Clifton park & ride?

2014-11-14 16:12

Having difficulty walking, and not having transport makes my journey to the Q.M.C.a nightmare,having now to catch 2 buses it now takes me approximately one and a half hours,where before it took 25 minutes.so we need the bus service direct to the Q.M.C.
East Leake resident

#19 Re:

2014-11-17 09:21

#1: andrew brown -  

I live in East Leake and, although we are the largest village in south notts (and growing out of all proportion to services and facilities), our public transport services are continually being eroded. And, although not directly relevant here, we've never had the benefit of the Skylink service and even have to pay for friends to drop us off at the airport despite suffering the consequences of being on the flight path!

#20 Re: Re:

2014-11-17 12:50

#19: East Leake resident - Re:  

As your local county Councillor I agree with you and am pushing for the Skylink to include East Leake and Gotham. As it is run by a private company it is proving difficult. I am the the notts representative on the ICC at EMA and am using this committee to try and get the service.

regards

Cllr Andrew Brown

2014-11-18 17:11

It is not just patients, staff and visitors to QMC who used the bus. Staff at the University of Nottingham also used it to get to/from work. The commute time has now increased considerably and the new commute is not an easy one.

With Nottingham having introduced the Workplace Parking Levy to raise funds for the development of local public transport, all the Soar Valley villages have experienced is a reduction in service.

2014-11-19 11:21

2014-11-19 17:42

This is a much wanted service which is missing from our village.

2014-11-19 21:04

The new tram service from Clifton not going directly to QMC. What planet are the planners on? The tram track at QMC takes up a huge amount of room - but no service from Clifton. How not to help poorly patients and anxious relatives!
Thrumpton resident

#25 Re:

2014-11-20 08:22

#2: -  

The service was used by many more people when it stopped at QMC and then went on into town.  The current 865 service is not a useful service. Users need to get at least 2 buses into town and the return journey means waiting at stops with no seating or shelter for long periods or being stranded for 2 hours if you miss the 865 from Clifton.