No music desert in Basel!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition No music desert in Basel! .

2015-01-13 18:46

Culture and thus music does not know borders or limits.
Humanity flowers when we recognise, feel and share
universal solidarity!

2015-01-14 10:55

Der behördliche Klassiker - mitten im Spiel die Torpfosten bewegen, aber vergessen, dass die Fans für das ursprüngliche Spiel bezahlt haben!

2015-01-14 13:28

I support this

2015-01-14 13:57

I studied in Music Academy in Basel during 90's and I know a lot of those people personally. I will keep my fingers crossed for this petition. Best wishes from Poland, guys !!!

2015-01-14 16:43

Basel, in particular, is a worldwide known cultural center of music, I remember lots of excellent recordings of known and unknown works by the groups joined and based in Basel, which became an incubator for their artistic growth. So breaking of this unique environment would be a great regret.
A concerned friend and admirer of Switzerland

#56 Get off the wrong track, Switzerland. It's not too late!

2015-01-14 19:13

You are on the wrong track because

1) Switzerland will lose some of it's great reputation and prestige without it's rich, world-class musical life. Music is the jewel in your crown. Guard it.

2) The very people you should get rid of benefit from this. Musicians are the least likely of all to be terrorists because Terrorist-brand Islam bans most classical instruments as well as the female voice. In fact being an instrumentalist, unless you are a drummer engaged solely in Islamic music and a few other exception, or being a female singer, is seen as haram enough to varrant death by many extremists.

3) Switzerland attracts some of the most talented foreign musicians and students in the world due to it's reputation. This law change is voluntary brain-drain and that talent will go elsewhere. Students will arrive in fewer numbers, because many hope to stay in the country they come to study in, and some of the world's very best musicians will leave Switzerland, meaning that you are chasing away some of the very creme-de-la-creme of your immigrants. People who would have generally contributed to Switzerland, it's cultural life and it's society in a monetary fashion and also in a way far beyond material value, since music enriches people's life in a multitude of ways, except for those who choose to hate and oppose it. 

4) Classical musicians generally respect Western values and tradition and even the best classical musicians with research positions at Universities generally do not hold 75% employment from one employer. Musicians actually grow and improve from this diversity.

5) Since musicians from Switzerland also only hold 75% single employer employment, only exception being children's piano and guitar teachers with no further carrier ambitions than that, since becoming a great soloist or composer and holding that kind of job is not combatible, the former will sabbotage any attempt of the latter, this measure could be seen as racist and discriminatory and nationalistic. We all know Switzerland isn't that kind of country, it is a very great country indeed, and it should take care not to tarnish it's own image or misrepresent itself in the eyes of the world. 

2015-01-14 22:46

as president of the Swiss Musician's Union, Geneva Section, I shall pass this around.

2015-01-14 22:57

Please, All people are brother and sister. We are human and you should help to protect human rights. Musicians are also human no matter where they are from...

2015-01-15 10:50

Wish you luck in your endeavor

2015-01-15 11:49

Wer kommt auf so eine hirnrissige Idee? W.Baumgartner

2015-01-15 15:57

I confirm again my signature Jacques Einhorn

2015-01-16 21:42

uau....it make's me sad to think that you people want a city without music. Think about that, and don't be ignorant please...thank you!!!!

2015-01-17 00:08

It is so normal for musicians to earn money in a variety of ways to make ends meet, if free lance musicians are forced to leave Switzerland the country will be poorer, culturally and morally.

2015-01-17 01:45

Ce serait braiment dommage pour Bale d'avoir un desert musical!

2015-01-17 04:23

I would love to see non-EU musicians fairly represented in Switzerland.

2015-01-17 15:31

Musik ist Teil unserer Kultur....Lasst uns unsere Steuergelder in Kultur investieren statt in Waffen!!

2015-01-18 15:46

Man sieht wieder einmal, daß die totalitäre EU eine menschenverachtende Mafia ist, selbst wenn es um die Schweiz geht. Schicken Sie die Petition auch an Christopher Clarke, jenen korrupten "Historiker" , der öffentlich behauptet hat, die EU sei einer der größten Segen der Menschheit!!!

2015-01-18 19:02

It's a shame in a high developped country. Perhaps it's not...

2015-01-18 21:08

As far as I can see, Switzerland is still a racist country!
Very good!
But let us use our racism against muslims and all those guys from East Orient and arabian countries and leave in peace honest people from South America, wanting to help us with their culture.
You will agree with me that Swiss music, compared to Brasilian music, is like Frankenstein compared with Marilyn Monroe...

2015-01-19 09:18

I was glad to sign this and I hope it will result in a change of mind!!

2015-01-19 15:07

no way!!!no way no way!!!

2015-01-19 22:18

The artists are all doing our best to better ourselves. A society without artist is doomed to fail.

2015-01-20 13:29

no music desert in Basel!
Such lively music scene from Renaissance music to Saxophone!
I studied there in 1985, saxophone with Ivan Roth.

2015-01-20 18:35

Please, remember that music and culture are important yet non-compatible with full-time contracts (unless playing in a symphony-orchestra or such). This legislation would make Switzerland into a cultural desert

2015-01-21 16:32

Intolerable to have such valuable musicians threatened by what amounts to mere ignorance of the value they bring to the whole Basel Society - and beyond!