Should Dawes Lane remain open to public use?

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Should Dawes Lane remain open to public use?.

Kevin Kaye.

#1 Dawes Lane

2011-01-15 23:43

I think it's a bit misleading asking should it remain open to public use when clearly it is, only people wishing to use it will have to register to do so, also saying more than 10,000 journeys are made on the road daily is misleading when infact Sean Lyons was quoted in the Telegraph saying there are around 10,000 vehicle movements daily on the Scunthorpe works.
Paul Redfern
The author of this petition

#2 Dawes Lane

2011-01-19 08:08

#1: Kevin Kaye. - Dawes Lane  

Kevin, thank you for your comments they are much appreciated.  For Bernard and I the greatest concern is the potential for Broughton and Appleby residents to be falsely accused of crimes - the use of ANPR would, in our opinion, provide the possibility for vehicle cloning and thus for false accusations to be made.

If Bernard and I are elected as representatives for the Broughton and Appleby ward, we would want to undertake more in-depth consultation.  An opinion poll is only a snap-shot of public opinion and the result would need greater qualitative data to back up its conclusion. 

Finally, accepted the number of vehicle movements on the road probably is innaccurate however, in our defence, any other data is unavailable.  Clearly, if elected and if opposition to the proposals is strong enough, wider consultation and more in depth background would be sought.

Many Thanks, Paul Redfern

Wendy Batch

#3 dawes lane closure

2011-01-23 21:17

I use dawes lane daily to get too and from work. I live in broughton and that way is better because mortal ash is getting to be a real trouble spot. Most days there is always an accident and the road closed. I also feel alot safer going dawes lane in the winter to work at
Shaun Batch

#4 Dawes Lane

2011-01-23 21:34

This is a no brainer of course it should stay open have you ever tried to get down brigg road and passed Morrisons Roundabout at rush hour its a nightmare after the council allowed the houses to be placed behind morrisons and allowing them to join the roundabout there. I used the dawes lane route every day and if i is closed and i had to use Brigg Rd and the A18 during rush hours its up to 30 mins longer pumping out more CO2 and add to the rish of accidents. So where is the sence in this. Allow people to use other routes and this in turn will allow the road to become more safer.
Then lets go onto the bad weather we have just had. Every day i used dawes lane route without a problem but Mottal Ash road was closed because accident and ice several times if this road was closed and we wasnt allowed to use Dawes lane where is the vehicles going to go. So dont be so short sighted as the council was when the allowed the houses behind Morrisons and see sence and keep Dawes lane open. And one final point about the theft of steel from Tata steel how much steel does a car hold come on dont be silly if i saw anyone taking i would report it to the guards if the number was published