FACEBOOK – NO PLACE FOR GYPSY/ROMA/TRAVELLER HATE PAGES

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition FACEBOOK – NO PLACE FOR GYPSY/ROMA/TRAVELLER HATE PAGES.

Debbie Pearson

#1 Gypsy/Roma/Traveller Hate Pages

2011-03-01 20:06

Facebook is meant to be a SOCIAL forum - NOT AN ANTI-SOCIAL forum!!
There is enough hate in the world.
Spenser Goode

2011-03-01 20:11

We must stop this hate. Travellers and Roma just want to live in peace and get on with their lives.
billie - jo mcneill

2011-03-01 20:53

Think this is a realli gd idea kp it going
Angela White

#4 FACEBOOK - NO PLACE FOR GYPSY/ROMA/TRAVELLER HATE PAGES

2011-03-01 21:17

This petition was set up to remind the powers-that-be at Facebook that they should close down pages that incite violence towards Romany Gypsies and those who preach hatred towards ethnic minorities.
Romany Gypsies

#5 Re: Gypsy/Roma/Traveller Hate Pages

2011-03-01 21:29

Jacqui MacLennan

2011-03-01 21:36

It is not ok for the settled population to use the travelling population as a scapegoat
Jarrod Williams

#7 Racial hatred in any form is assonine.

2011-03-01 21:36

A people with no official country, multiple genocides besides just the Porrajmos, our people deserve humane treatment.
ella webb

2011-03-01 21:38

this is disgusting if it was any other ethnic miority it wudnt be aloud
Fiona-Jane Brown

#9 Love Thy Neighbour

2011-03-01 23:15

As a Christian I believe Christ died and rose again to save all, travellers, scaldies and the rest. We're ALL sinners, not one is worse than another - if we dare suggest one race is lower than another, then we are falling into the Devil's trap. Grow up bigots!
Gemma Hydes

#10 NO MORE

2011-03-01 23:31

WHY IS IT, SO MANY PEOPLE HATE TRAVELLERS
I DONT NO WHY WHEN THERE NO DIFFRENT FROM US,SO WHAT RIGHT DO PEOPLE HAVE, TO PUT HATE PAGES ON FACEBOOK,ITS NOT NICE & NOT FAR,IT SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD.......SO YES I THINK IT SHOULD BE STOPED..

donna gray

#11 i hope facebook will address this problem

2011-03-01 23:39

i hope facebook address this problem as it is vile and offensive and on these pages also inciting violence to gypsy/roma /traveller
matthew wickham

2011-03-01 23:51

This is a very good cause: they are an ancient and noble people!
Jools Hearn

2011-03-02 01:14

If the hate within these pages were to be directed at any other group of people there would be an absolute uproar. The Gypsy and Travelling communities are still subjected to harassment and discrimination on so many levels as part of their daily lives. Please eradicate these pages and show zero tolerance with regards to this race hate. They are created by people perpetuating a completely wrong and unjust stereotype of a good and decent people who have suffered so much due to peoples ignorance already. Many thanks.
DICK JONES

#14 ROMA HATE PAGES

2011-03-02 09:13

Roma/Gypsies/Travellers are the last targets of legitimised and institutionalised prejudice. They must be seen to share ethnic status with the races of the world and be granted the same freedom from abuse and victimisation.
KerryAnn Mitchell

#15 racism

2011-03-02 12:16

for years we have suffered racism please help us put a stop to it now !!
Jill Keegan

#16 No racisim in Scotland

2011-03-02 13:37

There is no place for racism directed towards minority groups in Scotland. Gypsy Travellers are amongst the most discriminated against in our society. It is very reassuring that people are taking postive action to create a fairer and more open minded society for Scotland and all it's people.
allan stewart

#17 support gypsy and travellers rights without discrimanation

2011-03-02 13:55

people that do this are very small minded i am from traveller origin and proud of my roots and will always support the travelling people
Martha Stewart

#18 Re: support gypsy and travellers rights without discrimanation

2011-03-02 14:20

#17: allan stewart - support gypsy and travellers rights without discrimanation 

Well said cousin all we want to do is live in peace with everyone else as most of the settled people want to.  These people who set up the fb page with all the derogatory comments are thankfully in the minority but should not be ignored.  What they are doing, is not fair, not right and very very dangerous.

Guest jess smith

#19 Re: NO MORE

2011-03-02 14:44

#10: Gemma Hydes - NO MORE 

certain scaldies are like pack dogs-they hunt and destroy what is different. these are sad groups and should be ignored. To them we represent freedom to roam. they are controlled and cemented to pack laws where as we are unhindered and joined to mother earth. Don't fear them because it is the only way they are heard. They are born bigots, live in a bigotted world and die in it. Remember your ancestors my Gypsy kin; they knew the secrets of the old truth: and that is why King Henry 8th decreed all Gypsies were enemies of the fearsome God of the pulpit (not the loving father of all the world). That was when the hate began.........

Wendy Wood

#20 Roma Hatred

2011-03-02 16:28

Inciting racial hatred and challenging people to do harm to an ethnic group is appalling, atrocious, illegal! STOP IT NOW.
Erin Donnelly

2011-03-02 17:13

This should be for all minority groups! X
Andrew Boughen

#22 People hating people

2011-03-02 17:25

I wish people would stop looking at people by the cover and find out whats on the in side if they did we would all get on alot better
amela w

#23 Re: support gypsy and travellers rights without discrimanation

2011-03-02 19:36

jaana jaakkola

#24 Every humanbeen have right to bee in Peace and free.

2011-03-02 20:42

Stopp racism!!!
elja tessensohn

#25 gypsy

2011-03-02 20:51

because of hatespeak(No goverment say no to this) racism is growing again. The fact that this racism includes Gypsy is such a shame, after what happened in WW2. And this must NOT happen again, NEVER!!!!