please_don't_close_glasgow_university_school_of_nursing

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please_don't_close_glasgow_university_school_of_nursing.

Edward Mullen

#26 Proposed closure of school of nursing at Glasgow University

2011-03-06 12:22

A short-sighted decision, based on exaggerated calculations of debt; a lack of consultation with academic staff/students; ignoring the general public who fund the university.If the Principal and his board wish to implement the closure, why don't they go the whole hog and privatise themselves, rather that depend upon taxation raised from the public? If there is debt, why doesn't the principal set and example by freezing or reducing his own salary?

vincent manning

#27 Nursing

2011-03-06 13:46

To cut nursing before scottish govt reviews of higher education is both precipitous, and foolhardy.
Julie Hagerty

#28 Don't close Nursing dept. at glasgow University

2011-03-06 13:48

To cut nursing before scottish govt reviews of higher education is both precipitous, and foolhardy.
Brad Kenaga

#29 Healthcare is needed

2011-03-06 20:31

Signing from the states in support of friend attending. Healthcare is always needed and we need the proper training for our future! Especially with all the discoveries going on!
Lucy Kelvin

#30 Closure of Glasgow University School of Nursing

2011-03-06 22:16

It is completely unbelievable that with the ongoing shortage of nursing staff in the UK, this is even being considered. Given its quality and reputation, this is one of the most disastrous things I've ever heard.
George Laird

#31 Save Nursing

2011-03-06 22:37

closing the nursing department is plainly stupid
Ross Sheehan

2011-03-07 01:41

I don't agree with the closing of the school
Margaret Fraser

#33 Closure of university

2011-03-07 02:00

I think it would be a shame for them to close this university, where would all the students go to learn there courses without having to travel to far away from home.
Claire Jones

#34 shocked!

2011-03-07 07:45

I can't believe that they'd even consider this.
HELENA JENKINS

#35 BN 2004 Graduate

2011-03-07 11:28

What a shocker! Unbelievable..
John Dunne

#36 Closure Glasgow School of Nursing

2011-03-07 11:49

As a former Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in the School and Consultant Clinical Psychologist I can vouch for the calibre of this Department and for the well earned reputation of its graduates, many of whom I had the privilege of working alongside. It must not be allowed to close.
Mary Clare Bancewicz

#37 Don't close the Nursing Studies Dept

2011-03-07 15:35

Do not scrrap this excellent department on basis of short term view. One of the 1st in the country to provide degree level education, the majority of it's graduands go on to senior clinical and leadership roles.
ken mcgookin

#38 closure of glasgow school of nursing

2011-03-07 16:35

This a very valuable asset and needs to remain open for a top level education department in scotland
Heather Miller

#39 Glasgow school of nursing

2011-03-07 16:50

It makes no sense to shut down a centre of excellence like this to make a short term economic saving. It is at such times we should be investing in skills for the future.
Kelly Zeinz

2011-03-07 18:26

Do not close Glasgow school of nursing!
Claire Luke

#41 A unique experience

2011-03-07 18:46

I'm a current student on the University of Glasgow's nursing course and I can't imagine studying anywhere else. Not only is our course unique in that it is strongly focused on sciences but also in that all the students have developed strong professional relationships with our tutors who are always there to support us not only through our studies, but through life. This programme has lecturers who are highly invested in their students, and students who are highly motivated to become knowledgeable and holistic in nursing and the related sciences. In response to the statement Mr. Muscatelli made in the Herald Scotland on the 28th of February about nursing, saying "Glasgow was competing with courses run elsewhere in the city" I say there is no competition, the University of Glasgow provides students something which no other nursing course in the country can compete.
Elísabet Hjörleifsdóttir

#42 Please do not close Glasgow University School of nursing

2011-03-07 19:00

I am one of those foreign students who had the opportunity to get my further education at Glasgow University School of Nursing. I just want to say that if this excellent school will be closed down Glasgow University will not be the same. I know that nursing education tought at Glasgow University School of Nursing is recognised abroad as one of the best in Europe.

Jane Moncrieff

#43 Re: Don't close the Nursing Studies Dept

2011-03-07 20:01

letitia morrison

2011-03-08 01:41

I am more than happy to support this petition
Jason Kallgren

2011-03-08 08:04

Closing a school that isn't falling apart yet is beyond stupid.
Penny McElhinney

#46 Don't close the nursing school

2011-03-08 10:59

The School provides invaluable training to post-graduate students as well as its graduate programme. It offers an excellent MSc course and it is vital to provide access to quality education programmes for those who wish to improve patient care and further their careers. Completing the MSc course opened a number of opportunities up to me
Daniel McNulty

2011-03-08 11:07

Glasgow University is a nationally renowned School of Excellence and it would be folly to close it to meet a short time crisis in other Colleges.
Margaret Finnie

#48 Glasgow University School of Nursing

2011-03-08 12:01

Just want to wish you every success with your petition. Closure of the school would be disastrous and a great loss to the nursing profession.

#49 Re: Glasgow University School of Nursing

2011-03-08 12:05

#48: Margaret Finnie - Glasgow University School of Nursing 

Please, do not close this necessary and greatly valuable School of Nursing.

Valerie Paterson

#50 Glasgow University School of Nursing

2011-03-08 12:17

I obtained my MN in 2009. This is an excellent teaching school and would be a great loss to nurse education in the west coast of Scotland.