Jaguar at Los Angeles Zoo needs bigger space

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Jaguar at Los Angeles Zoo needs bigger space.

georgette jean scoccimarro

#1 Jaguar at LA Zoo

2011-03-09 06:27

How this is allowed is beyond comprehension. Why this ZOO ignores what is obvious proves that the Zoo only cares about the revenue and money and not about the care including comfort and large enough space to "LIVE" in.

The Jaguar should not be kept in such a small inhumane space,
get it right, get the big cat out of there and put him in an environment will sustain his mental and physical health.

I say if you can't take care of the animals totally with real "living quarters and habitat then get out of the business of exploiting animals and close the zoo.

Please move the Jaguar into a much much B IGGER space.

Jeanette Truppe

2011-03-09 06:35

Please enlarge the Jaguar space
Debi Derryberry

#3 Jaguar

2011-03-09 07:28

The Mayor of LA should do what he can to help this Jaguar who is BORED out of his mind. It is cruel to have him so cooped up.
Ron Cipres

2011-03-09 08:07

This is simply a disgrace. If an animal such as this is going to be kept in captivity, at least give it the respect it deserves and afford it a space large enough for it to live a "suitable" existence.
Cindy Williams

#5 Jaguar

2011-03-09 10:40

This petition should be sent to all members of Actors and Others for Animals. Im sure they would give 100% support.
Melinda Peterson

#6 BIG CATS

2011-03-09 18:56

As 2 current film release highlight, the world's big cats are endangered. The ones in captivity must be properly maintained. I believe that a challenge grant from the public sector will bring in the funds from the private sector for the construction and endowment for new holdings for this magnificent cat.
Thank you,
Melinda Peterson
Sharon LaBorde

#7 Give the Jaguar a Bigger Space and Everyone Wins.

2011-03-09 21:52

It's in everyone's best interests to give the jaguar a better habitat. More people will come to see him, which means more revenue for the zoo, the jaguar is happier and healthier, and he can be part of more efforts to raise awareness about jaguar habitat loss in Central and South America. The real question should be, why are we NOT doing this?

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-03-09 23:56

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-03-09 23:57

Last Chance for Animals

#10 Jaguar

2011-03-09 23:58

Keeping the Jaguar in these conditions is inhumane. Come on Los Angeles you're better than that. Live up to your name - City of Angels. The Jaguar is living in hell. All the kids are going to learn from the current exhibit is how to drive a jaguar insane.
Kimberly Mitchell

#11 Jaguar

2011-03-10 01:29

Help him!
Carol Cammarata

#12 More room

2011-03-10 02:48

It is hard enough to see caged animals in the zoo but those who do not have enough room to roam is a sin. These animals roam for miles in the wild in thier natural habitat, please sign the petition.
Paley Anderson

#13 Jaguar at LA Zoo Needs More Space

2011-03-10 04:42

As a Los Angeles native, I grew up at and have always supported the zoo. However, some of the big cat enclosures have been woefully lacking since the 1970's. Now is the time to upgrade the facilities. The animals deserve it and the public is calling for it.
RoseMarie Jackson

#14 JAGUAR

2011-03-10 21:48

Please show mercy for this poor animal, who must endure living in
the poorest of conditions, you must help him and build a more natural
environment for him. I'm sure if you ask the people of Los Angeles to
donate to this worthy cause, you will be surprised at the response.
Patti Nicklaus

#15 Jaguar LA Zoo

2011-03-11 00:37

Please, take good care of this animal. Give it a life with space and contact with other animals as close as possible to a natural environment. People do not have the right to make animals suffer for their own entertainment.
mike shelley

#16 jaguar at los angelos zoo needs bigger cpace

2011-03-11 05:23

give him more space
Aleta Jordan

#17 Jaguar

2011-03-11 21:30

Give him a bigger space.
Cathy Thornburn

#18 Help our captive Jaguar

2011-03-12 03:11

The treatment our Jaguar receives at the LA Zoo is criminal. Please either improve his quality of life or allow him to return to his natural habitat.
ardyth kromschroeder

#19 Lack of adequateJaguar space

2011-03-12 07:34

I have been to the LA zoo several times and noticed the jaguar pacing in his small cage. While some changes have been made for housing the animals I do not feel the jaguar is living in adequate space. He paces back and forth and while this may be the nature of this animal, it is obvious for his size he does not have enough space. This needs to be changed so his life in captivity can be as pleasant as possible. It is our responsibility (the zoo and the public) that any zoo animals that are on view for our pleasure should also have adequate living space for their size. This matter needs to be brought to the attention of the public since the zoo is doing nothing about it.

#20 Jag in tiny cage at LA ZOO

2011-03-17 04:38

gardnlady

#21 jaquar at the zoo

2011-03-26 01:29

The LA Zoo did call back when I inquired, and said the jaguar had been there five years, and they lost funding to put him in another habitat a year ago. Should someone forward it to the LA Times perhaps?
Thanks so much for your message. I don't believe the zoo officials

2011-03-31 09:47

MIke

2011-03-31 09:53

Thanks so much for all who signed the petition and gardnlady for her response. The zoo officials are famous for lying to the public. They have the money believe me. They spent millions on the new front of the zoo and more on human areas inside the zoo. The Greater Los Angeles Zoo Administration GLAZA can easily raise the money for a bigger and more enriching area for the Jaguar. They just aren't interested.
That is why he is tucked away in a remote area which I suspect few people visit. I hope to get at least a couple hundred more signatures and then I will present the petition to the media and the zoo director. I wish my old friend Betty White would visit that exhibit, I bet she would be embarrassed being a docent and a recent apologist for the zoo.
Superman Scott

#24 Re: jaquar at the zoo

2011-03-31 11:02

#21: gardnlady - jaquar at the zoo

This poor cat deserves better.

2011-06-12 06:42

This isn't right, that cat needs more room. I rather not see a Jaguar at all at a zoo if it's going to be treated like that. Death row inmates receive better accommodations than that.