Backyard Chickens in Mission Viejo,Ca.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Backyard Chickens in Mission Viejo,Ca..

Anonymous

2015-07-03 01:09

I want to own Chickens.

2016-01-31 23:30

I would like to be self sustained and have the opportunity to raise my kids with the idea of eating healthy and responsibility to take care of what's there's.

2016-03-16 03:51

I am a Mission Viejo homeowner, and want to be able to have chickens, for a resource, eggs.
MommyMaeI

2016-08-19 14:12

We love our sweet girls. My kids hens have been kicked out by the city. Looking for a way to change the city's ordinance. 

2016-09-19 03:23

If people want chickens, they should be able to have chickens!!
Joy

2018-05-23 12:10

I was forced to give away my chickens (raised since babies and very productive as adults) due to the zoning code.  My chickens are really pets, they are cleaner and quieter than dogs and equally smart in my opinion.  They were comedians who kept me entertained always.

Nari

2018-09-29 05:34

Can we post this petition link on Nextdoor to collect more signatures or would it do more harm than good? 

Jay

#8 Re:

2019-05-18 16:56

#6: Joy -  

Joy we too had to give up our chickens, pets like yours, raised from chicks. A noisy neighbor who had late night parties retaliated when we complained, and used animal control to enact his revenge on us and they took our chickens.  The neighbors are new, and of Arab descent and very unfriendly.  Even the animal control officer and the local Sheriff said this type of thing is just wrong and were very sympathetic to us about the whole affair.

Sorry you had a similar experience, we need to get this petition more signatures and legalize chickens in Mission Viejo.

#9 We should be able to have a few chickens

2021-10-25 05:25

With the pending food shortages, we should be able to keep a few chickens to have eggs for our families.

ResidentMV

#10 Chickens allowed

2022-04-02 00:01

I am a MV resident and I would like to have chickens for eggs for my family. With food shortages coming we need to be able to better support ourselves and city ordinances should be reevaluated.