Save Esbjerg Ensemble

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Esbjerg Ensemble.

2015-09-08 08:45

I played with them..They're really good and deserve funding

2015-09-08 12:20

Because I believe chamber music to be a vital cultural asset worthy of support in any civilised society.
Knowing the quality of individual members of the Esberg ensemble, and knowing something of the cultural life available in certain areas of Denmark (having played chamber music there myself on several tours and courses), I wholeheartedly support the petition to retain funding for this excellent organisation.

2015-09-09 10:53

Economy isn't all, peoples need the music

2015-09-10 14:43

I have been coming to Esbjerg for the last seven Augusts to perform with this wonderful ensemble in your annual Esbjerg International Chamber Music Festival. Knowing something of the origins, growth, vitality and innovation of this group, and recognizing the indispensible role that culture and creativity plays in the life-blood and sustainability of any community, it has always struck me what a wonderfully enlightened community the town of Esbjerg must be. To have such a jewel in it's crown as the Esbjerg Ensemble should be the envy of every community. It is something worth fighting for. To suggest casting it away with the idea that a little money is saved reveals a disturbing disregard for what has real value in our lives. It is not an act the town of Esbjerg will ever be proud of or will easily get back.

2015-09-10 17:51

Support for the arts in every country is very important if civilization is to maintain a quality of life that is desirable.

2015-09-11 19:55

I love the Esbjerg Ensemble. They have such a captivating unity and spirit in their music.

2015-09-13 12:57

I signed because music is essential for people. Music and the practice of music should be protected culture, not something to be abolished. In difficult times it should all the more be cherished and the more supported, because it makes and keeps people smart, happy, creative, is good for body and mind. More good music, the healthier a civilisation.
Horn

#8 Esbjerg Ensemble

2015-09-13 13:12

Amazing Ensembe ... A great music Ensemble that speaks for Denmark and internationally as well...it's not only about having such a great ensemble for playing chamber music , music lines and deliver its own colors and Statment , it's also  about having such an ensemble as Esbjerg Ensemble to reconstruct  and build the Empty Bars in our Society ...

there is something internationally  big going on in Esbjerg , and it's Esbjerg Ensemble .

SB 

2015-09-14 05:08

It is important that the City of Esbjerg thinks twice in this crucial moment. It posesses a jewel amongst the highest ranking chamber music groups in Denmark and should be very proud to host it.
Don't cut the lifeline of your own Child, Esbjerg !

2015-09-14 11:42

I love chamber music and Bente Hoilund....who is associated with the group

2015-09-16 07:14

I'm a musician

2015-09-16 08:53

Public support of music like this is critical to quality of life, education, and the reputation of municipalities externally.

2015-09-17 10:44

I signed this petition because i owe a great part of my musical education (as a former student of the conservatory in Esbjerg) to this outstanding Ensemble. It would be a huge mistake to withdraw funding from Esbjerg Ensemble simply because they provide people with the essential need that is well performed live music in an area that has already been hid hard by cuts in the cultural sector!

2015-09-20 15:19

Because it is fantastic ensemble

2015-09-23 01:53

Because a Danish colleague asked me too. But mostly because this cutting of funds to things that I believe in is a world-wide plague. It effects us all, even in the Antipodes, and must be resisted.