please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-20 20:14

I'm very sorry for the family of the zoo keeper who died but this is a wild animal doing what is natural to it.

2015-09-20 20:18

SAVE OZ!!!!!!

2015-09-20 20:18

if we must have wild animals in captivity and you choose to work with them ,then you must understand that their instincts are the same in captivity as they are in the wild ...they will eat you! we are no precious to them as an antolope would be, so why would you put it down...there are many of us and so few of them...im sure the keeper who died would agree.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-09-20 20:19

2015-09-20 20:21

It is sad but Oz is still a wild animal not a pet cat, he was only doing what is natural for him in the wild by protecting his territory.

Everyone and anyone please sign and help save oz

It is sad that the tragedy happened but it should not be taken out on Oz! He is a wild animal that was. Bought into captivity and treated as a show animal. Zoo keepers take on the job knowing it's risks and know that every time they step into the cage with a wild animal their life is at risk. Oz was just doing what comes naturally to him as he might have thought she was a threat so he attacked. Don't take it out on him! Killing him won't bring back the zoo keeper!!
Maryanne Kilburn
Tauranga

#58 DO NOT KILL IT!

2015-09-20 20:22

It isnt the tigers fault. It is just in its nature and they are a wild animal NOT born to be caged but to run free! Yes it is a tragic accident but we dont put people down for killing animals so why should the reverse be different?

2015-09-20 20:23

Tragic circumstances but at the end of the day they are naturally wild animals in an unnatural environment

2015-09-20 20:24

Humans keep these animals in cages so we can look at them. We have taken them from their homes and need to always be aware when working with them that their natural instincts never go away. OZ only did as he would in the wild and should not be punished. Save OZ!

2015-09-20 20:26

Everyone needs to remember this is a beautiful wild animal it did not ask to be contained at a zoo humans made that decision for it! The keepers are well aware of the dangers this is why the tiger should be saved. Everyone needes to appreciate the dangers and learn from this tragedy not just kill the animal.

2015-09-20 20:26

well you dont put a human down when they have murdered another, and you dont put a human down when they have been cruel to an animal and have killed that animal,

2015-09-20 20:27

I will be extremely gutted if Hamilton Zoo choose to put down Oz the tiger. I mean come on people, even the best behaved domesticated dogs can turn on someone they love, so the chances of a wild animal doing it are even higher. I really feel that if you choose to work with animals such a these then you are doing so at your own risk, I could have done a tiger walk or had a photo with a tiger while we were at dream world this year, but some nagging gut feeling told me I shouldnt. I mean there is always the possibility they will turn so if you choose to put yourself in that situation then I really feel you do so at your own risk. I am very passionate about tigers and polar bears, I am not normally outspoken publicly anyway, when it comes to such things, but I really feel that putting the Tiger down for being a Tiger is hypocritical and just plain selfish, I really feel for that keeper and her family etc but she took a risk and unfortunately it cost her her life,

2015-09-20 20:27

Oz is a wild animal, not a domesticated animal. He should not be put down because he was acting as nature intended.

2015-09-20 20:28

Because Sumatran Tigers are endangered. Oz was just doing what wild Tigers do. I am sure his late keeper would be devastated if he was euthanised

2015-09-20 20:30

The zoo should take responsibility for not ensuring the safety practices were updated, managed and monitored. This animal belongs in its natural environment, and should be returned there. Keeping animals caged for long periods of time is inhumane. They do not belong in zoo's unless being treated or protected to increase the population.

He is a tiger? Just because he doesn't follow the rules of what humans call society doesn't mean he should be put to sleep

My condolences to the family, what a terrible thing to happen.

Unfortunately the people who work with these magnificent animals know the risks and do the work anyway because they love the animals. Putting the tiger to sleep would surely be the last thing the staff member who died would have wanted. Wild animals are still wild even when kept on captivity, why punish this beautiful creature for being a wild animal, is that not the beauty that the staff member loved about Oz?

this is what they do in the wild, why kill it for doing what it does naturally, the zoo of all places should understand this

2015-09-20 20:34

This animal is not at fault,he is a wild animal kept in captivity and doing what his nature is to do,clearly human error here,why should he suffer for humans mistakes.

2015-09-20 20:36

Because the tiger is a wild animal not a domestic pet, and as such, cannot be blamed for its actions. He needs to be saved to ensure there are more cubs born to raise numbers of this beautiful endangered species

2015-09-20 20:37

It is not the Tigers fault as this is not his true enviroment, and very keeper must know of the dangers involved when they are around these beautiful cats.

2015-09-20 20:41

I sighned because there needs to be advocacy for the tiger!

2015-09-20 20:42

shame on zoo murder that zoo staff was her fault open it cage that why not blame on tiger fault that was human error !! dont put Oz down no i forbid that leave Oz alone let tiger stay alive back off to Zoo

2015-09-20 20:42

I doubt very much that the keeper who worked so many years with these beautiful RARE animals and obviously cared very much for them would wish him to be killed in retribution .Sadly it will not bring her back and it is a risk that anyone who works with animals is I am sure aware of.