Help stop the plight of welsh ponies

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Help stop the plight of welsh ponies.

2011-05-31 11:29

If owners cannot look after and afford their horses anymore as everyones life changes, they should hold their hands up and get help and not allow these poor animals to suffer and breed anymore unwanted foals :(

2011-05-31 11:53

C'est un véritable scandale ! Comment peux-t-on laisser faire de pareilles choses. Où est le respect de l'animal !!!

2011-05-31 12:08

My ponies get fed before I do. Ponies cannot get their own feeds, they rely on their owners. If you can't afford to feed them or can't be bothered, don't have them.

2011-05-31 19:16

Thank you, these ponies need our help so badly.

2011-06-01 14:04

omg ive never seen anything so discusting in all my life! glad i found this petition as im am a welshy lover and owner.

2011-06-01 15:53

I will circulate this as far as I can. These poor ponies suffer terribly and it's high time we took responsibility and looked after our 'Dumb' friends.
It's heartbreaking to see photos like the one shown

2011-06-01 16:05

Get the money off the RSPCA they have 40 million sitting the banks.

#83 Re: help stop the plight of Welsh ponies

2011-06-01 16:16

#76: - Hold your hands up and get help''

Where prey can you get help from. Any welfare agency will take your Horse/pony off you .

Now in the USA the SPCA has earmarked 10% of all its donations to help feed horses and you can apply for a feed grant.

In this country the RSPCA would rather sit on the donations given to help animals in need. They are sitting on 40 milion

in the bank to slip into their pension fund when no bodies looking.

The members need to review these procedures

2011-06-01 16:18

This makes me ashamed to be WELSH.

2011-06-01 16:38

this must stop all animals deserve respect and care

2011-06-01 16:56

I find this over-breeding an irresponsible act on behalf of breeders who take no responsibility for the upkeep and welfare of the animals they breed. There is NO excuse - you breed them - you take care of them or take the consequences of your actions when difficulties arise. Bring back more Licensing and Control on Stallion ownership and breeding potential. More gelding initiatives. Breed Societies to regulate registrations more strictly. DNA Testing and ID inplants for all equines across the board. No DNA, No ID, then No Passport - thus illegal! 

Livestock Markets to ensure ALL 'Livestock for Sale to be passported (DNA'd & ID'd) and to immediately notify the welfare authorities if poor/neglected animals are presented at their premises, they also to take responsibility for any animals scoring below accepted condition on welfare grounds. I can't believe that any REPUTABLE market would condone this neglect and put livestock in such condition through their sales process. Shame on those that do!

Prosecutions MUST be brought against ALL individuals/organisations/companies for neglected/cruelty issues that would include Owners/Owners Agents/Markets etc. More prison sentances for all offenders of this type of horrible neglect be it one pony/horse or more - first time or not. Jail one or two as examples things will improve dramatically if there is a serious threat of a prison sentance and that sentance to be a minimum of five years. Totally sick of excuses and slapped wrists. Time things got sorted once and for all.  Welfare Agencies - utilise the law - stop 'Pussy-Footing' around - fill the courts with these offenders - the animals can't speak for themselves BUT WE CAN!

Old Nag!

#87 Re:

2011-06-01 17:10

#41: -  

Every breed in the country can be subjected to this abuse.  Some get publicised....some don't.  Far too many 'owners' get away with it.  Time to name and shame, don't let it all get swept under the carpet in fear of ruffling a few feathers.

What's wrong with the law?  Just take ALL their animals off them - Ban them from keeping animals for Life - Inprison them (for a considerable length of time).  STOP making excuses or using the 'soft touch approach' - Get some teeth and bite them hard. These animals don't deserve abuse of this type without punishment to those who cause their suffering.

#88 Re: Re:

2011-06-01 17:42

#87: Old Nag! - Re:  STOP making excuses or using the 'soft touch approach' - Get some teeth and bite them hard. These animals don't deserve abuse of this type without punishment to those who cause their suffering.

Well Said....

2011-06-01 18:14

The suffering of these horses is heartbreaking, and its largely due to overbreeding. This needs to be heavily regulated! The suffering and death of these beautiful creatures is needless and avoidable in the hands of responsible people..........

2011-06-01 19:44

What a truly inspirational outcome from a horrible beginning!! Very well done to all who have worked so, so hard to move this forward. Hermani touched the hearts of so many who care about ponies not profit.

2011-06-02 07:54

hope this helps god bless :) love from america

2011-06-02 12:20

These poor ponies, the best punishment for the man responcable would be for him to be made to live like the ponies have done. and he should be left to die of starveation.
RIP all you little ponies that couldn't be saved x

2011-06-02 23:29

my sister went to see these ponies and apparently it was horrible poor ponies

2011-06-04 22:41

This is a despicable practice and must be stopped.

2011-06-05 12:03

If that happened to a dog there would be a prison term and rightly so but as it is happening to horses the various agencies who could stop it are powerless.
It is time it was stopped and the evil perpetrators put in prison for a very long time.
They do it because they can get away it.
Shame on the ones who can do something and dont!!

2011-06-05 15:50

Perhaps if everyone reading this made a complaint to DEFRA and the RSPCA it might trigger some meaningful action. There are laws against this sort of thing and here the law is being blatantly broken.

2011-06-05 18:35

very sad that this is left go on...lets stop it now

#98 Re: Re:

2011-06-06 03:31

#87: Old Nag! - Re:  

The RSPCA is the only organisation to have the authority to take animals. Evan Evans agreed to sign some of the ponies over to WHW, maybe it is time to extend these powers to other organisations who are prepared to act

2011-06-06 10:36

This is an absolute shocking disgrace! We as humans are the custodians of all creatures in the world and we only share in living on the face of the Earth which was lovingly given to us by the Creator. Shame on all those who participate in this terrible practise. Any further action initiated against these practices should be broadcasted world wide and I am sure people will contribute to stop this

2011-06-06 16:02

why ????.