Allowing again kitesurfing in Greek waters (by KiteMag.gr)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Allowing again kitesurfing in Greek waters (by KiteMag.gr).

2011-06-03 09:05

I'll never go back to Greece until they cancel this stupid law. There are so many other places in the world to go instead. It's a shame as Greece is an awesome country.

2011-06-03 09:10

This is very very sad! Greece is one of the favorite holiday destination for rich kitesurfing norwegian tourists. I have bin there many times, but will never come again with that kind of stupid law!

2011-06-03 09:40

uneceptable

2011-06-03 09:44

This makes tourism to Greece a lot less attractive.

2011-06-03 09:46

La Grèce était dans la liste de mes prochaines destinations en famille... alliant kitesurf et visites elle présentait tous les atouts recherchés pour un trip réussi... Mais si la pratique de mon sport préféré est rendu difficile à cause de ces interdictions je mettrais le cap vers une région plus accueillante...

2011-06-03 10:20

open the spots!
Eightsmileys Kitesurfing School

2011-06-03 10:28

The democracy permits cigarettes, alcohol, very non healthy products to be sold and consumed by people. It is not nice to ban any sport that brings joy, happiness and health to people! Sadly the people that make this kind of decisions have no clue what athleticism is about neither what is the sea. They just know that is blue and dangerous :( Ancient Greeks had a saying that in order to have a healthy mind you had to have a healthy body! Kitesurfing for some people in Greece = health. Society decides to make a law when someone does something stupid! Ex. Someone gets in a swimmers area with his kite and performs tricks! You don't need a law to stop this...it's logical! Just put him in jail or make him pay a fine! Unfortunately in Greece after such an event the "authorities" decide to ban the whole sport = banning kitesurfing surely derives from a few incidents of "show offs, stupid" people that had the authorities taking them seriously and just saying "Let's ban kitesurfing, it's easier" This is not a wise decision because the majority of kitesurfers are good people that love the sea & environment + respect the forces of nature...authorities this is a sport it is not gambling, selling drugs etc...Gather a group of top athletes-kitesurfers to tell you what is kitesurfing and what can go wrong = write down restrictions..."You don't close down a school because a few students are behaving badly"

THIS IS NONSENSE...GREECE HAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ISLAND FOR ATHLETICISM, THE NICEST WEATHER ALL YEAR AROUND, GREAT CUISINE...GREECE CAN GET SO MUCH TOURISM BUT THEY DECIDE TO "BAN"...IS THIS THE BEST SOLUTION?!

2011-06-03 11:11

It is only fair.

2011-06-03 11:18

Greece should support tourism and stop feeding corruption.
This way private land-owners will start charging fees to start from their
beaches. This means no income for the public because tourists will choose a different holliday destination and the few rich jsut found a way to get richer.

You are under IMF supervision!! And should not be able to make national decisions any more! Not capable!

(Sell the country!)

2011-06-03 11:26

we are self-destructive country

2011-06-03 11:39

I just cancel my reservations and Greece will no longer be at my destination lists.

Manchester Kite Club MKC

2011-06-03 12:09

Changed my ticket... i will NEVER come to Greece again... I advise ALL my kitesurfing friends to go to tarifa Spain instead. Good luck Greeks, say hi to your idiot goverment!!

2011-06-03 12:12

Kiter are Tourists !!

2011-06-03 13:05

If government/municipies/associations rulers expect people to follow some rules, they have to be such that they can easily be understood and followed.
They should be no-brainer and refrain from POPULAR antagonism; otherwise there will be not enough manpower (police/inspectors/watchmen) to keep them.
THINK ABOUT THAT!

2011-06-03 13:48

NTROPH MAS! NA APAGOREUOUME ENA ATHLIMA APLA EPEIDH DEN TO GNORIZOUME KAI MALISTA EN MESW TOURISTIKHS PERIODOU!

2011-06-03 14:29

save greek kite

2011-06-03 14:50

We care because we do!

2011-06-03 14:52

Fellow kitesurfers, we support you efforts to find a solution for the existing problem. I am afraid that in the near future kitesurfing community in CYprus will face the same restrictions from the Marine / municipal / authorities in Cyprus. We already facing problems with British Bases authorities which ownes most of the beaches we are using for kitesurfing. I hope with our support you will find a solution satisfying all the parties involved.

2011-06-03 15:34

you don't want us for holydays in Greece?

2011-06-03 15:55

Good luck

2011-06-03 15:56

Outrance + Révolution = Kite Surf dans les eaux de mer de la Greece!!!

2011-06-03 16:45

no kite in greece = no hollyday in greece for me the year sorry !!

2011-06-03 16:48

u got all the support from israel!!! gl.

#49 I wont obey!

2011-06-03 16:49

The last 20 years each time i get abused by authorities in greece (police, port police, even judges) they always suggest to me: "If you dont like it, leave this country". Authorities in Greece the last 20 years DONT want you to think, to feel free and claim your rights. The were, and still do, prepare the country to be enslaved by the NWO. I always answer to them: "I am staying! you and the enslaved leave this country insted!".

So my answer to this silly ban is just NOT TO OBEY. Its MY RIGHT as a legal citizen of this country to train my body, to obtain good heath (physical & mental) through this sport. I'll keep kitesurfing as usual without ANOYING anyone else. If the coastguard arrests me, I'll be happy to go in jail in silence...

LOVE-PEACE and Happy Kiting to all.

2011-06-03 16:59

We always go for kitesurfing to greek. Its a pitty when it cant. I think we have to go to other countries. What happent with greek? Why so arrogant?