Allowing again kitesurfing in Greek waters (by KiteMag.gr)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Allowing again kitesurfing in Greek waters (by KiteMag.gr).

2011-06-03 17:58

Insane!

2011-06-03 19:45

i am every jear go kiting in greece. if you say it is not positie i go to a other country and that is not good for your al bat economy.

2011-06-03 19:46

I was supposed to be coming to vassiliki this summer to visit a friend and get some kitesurfing in but now I will be going elsewhere, sad times

2011-06-03 20:23

enjoyed kiting paros and rhodos as a tourist and as soon as the kids are a bit older i'd like to go back but with these rules its made impossible.....

#55 Great - another reason to get Greece into Bankrupty

2011-06-03 22:29

Again 10% less tourists.
All tourist countries want people looking for luxury.
They don't want kite surfers (with expensive gear) but people playing golf ( relatively cheap gear).

Please Greece go Bankrupt. You have all my blessings, I will go to Cuba, Brazil, Cabo Verde, ... which are much cheaper anyway.

2011-06-03 22:30

Why ban these beautiful waters?
I have been on holiday with my kites many times to Greece. I love it!

2011-06-03 22:49

The KITESURF is the fastest growing extreme sport worldwide. A sport that has embraced the global Sailing Federation and is under assessment and evaluation for participation in the Olympic Games in RIO (Brazil) in 2016. A sport that has become a large audience quickly

2011-06-03 23:09

this is a joke no way they can block kitesurfing in greece!
V

2011-06-04 00:20

Something tells me that half of these comments about money,tourism,"I'm not coming again to Greece" and other bull***t are just idiotic....I think that those comments are spam or just comments from the same person just to create tension...But if all those comments come from real people...I can just say to you guys take your shit elsewhere...we like our beaches free of assholes...And even if kiting will not be banned...which it won't btw..please,please go somewhere else to spend your money...
But I totally agree with Eightsmileys Kitesurfing School's comment...Well spoken!

I dont know if this is a rumor or not but it says that it was a missunderstanding and kiting is as usual....FREE!

http://kitemovement.com/general/free-kitesurfing-is-no-longer-%E2%80%9Cfree%E2%80%9D-to-greece-updated/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kitemovement+(KiteMovement)&utm_content=FaceBook

#60 Re:

2011-06-04 04:21

#59: V -

Exactly this one is the bitch that along with his fuckin Admiral constituted this stupid law. They just wanted to find a way to run their kitecenters in Paros with no clue of competition, so they called their friend "Admiral", had a beer, scratched their balls and said ok :).....Let's make a law to clear all this shit with the rest of the kitecentres..........An even if this fucker is talking about misunderstanding we all know that's a lie..........anyone who has read the law can clearly picture what i see and can clearly understand that a law is not a chit chat to force and then feel sorry for the misunderstanding. It's all the same bullshit and it's all about the chimps that have power and authority in this fuckin country...........And if u, V my friend think kite is FREE "as usual" you are more than welcome to come here and see with your own eyes. Bill's on me :)

Admirals suck

#61 Re: Re:

2011-06-04 05:00

#60: - Re:

Yep a fuckn corrupted admilar... thats all it takes to make a law these days.... Throw 2 boobs on his face and u got what you want...

2011-06-04 10:11

Free kiteboarding

2011-06-04 10:15

This is absolute madness, to ban a new growing and lucrative sport in this economic climate!
This is just plain ignorance on the part of the Greek coast guard. I love Greece and have holidayed their many times, I shall have to think again on my choice of vacation as the warm water has always been a draw for uk surfers.

2011-06-04 11:04

HOW MANY ARE THE AQUA-COPS?????????????
Richard

#65 Why stop another perfect source of tourism ??

2011-06-04 11:34

Incredible ! Greece is broke. It has to lend huge sums of the European Union.

Now there is one particular thing that is really working for the Greek economy: Tourism.

Tourism is off course under a lot of pressure. Especially from upcoming competitive countries like Turkey. Yet Greece has a perfect natural resource in summer: Venturi winds. This attracht a lot of kiteboarders. SInce kiteboarding is not the cheapest sport, this attracts many tourists that love to be in Greece for all good reasons: great people, fantastic food, superb climate, and this amazing Venturi wind. And they spend a lot ! (hotels, travel, rental, food, drinks, etcetera)

So why would you ban it ?? Just use it, exploit it, promote it, make it happen for Greece. Make yourself THE kitesurf destination and let external currency flow form our pockets into your economy.

I wonder what the underlying reasons are for the coastguard to make this decision. Are they tired of fishing beginners out of the water ? Create kiteschools ? Are kiters bothering people bathing ? Make clear kitezones. Not enough people in the coastguard ? Give kitezone permits to people with rescue boats and crews only.

Please : learn from other countries. Share the real problem and let other members provide you with posible solutions that work in those countries. But just don't ban this resource you have !.

#66 Re:

2011-06-04 16:41

#1: -

connaissant bien la Grece , elle n'a pas besoin de ca pour faire fuir les touristes , actuellement elle en a bien besoin !!!!!!!!

2011-06-04 18:39

i was thinking about visiting greece with my wife and three kids as a kiteboarder i might choose corsica instead!
V

#68 Re: Re:

2011-06-04 19:29

#60: - Re:

Where is here dude? U really got problems? I'm sorry tho hear that....U fight them....and make them swim to get you:P  Here in Lefkada life is good...for now...

2011-06-04 22:51

You have our full support from inMotion Kitesurfing in South Africa. Good luck with your meeting!

2011-06-04 23:32

sign/

2011-06-05 09:46

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!?!??!?

2011-06-05 11:46

Why do all the kitesurfers have to suffer from the bad ones

#73 Re:

2011-06-05 12:37

#1: -  

Hi guys, all bullshit!!

Kitesurf has never been banned in Greece take a look at the webcams

2011-06-05 15:46

Agree

2011-06-05 16:10

We planned to go to Grece this holidays 2011, with a group of 15 people, kitesurfer and famillies. So, we cancel our visit and will go to another place, where kitesurfing is allowed. Bye bye Grece, see you never.