Support the Tropical Wave and save Galion beach spirit

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Support the Tropical Wave and save Galion beach spirit.

2016-02-16 12:15

My family and I have known Pat for 25+ years even before I became a mother!! Pat has watched my son grow each year from a newborn to 14 years. My son has played with his daughter Alexia and friends on Le Galion every year we visit SXM and it is our home!! Help save Tropical Wave and Le Galion -- not a memory I want to see changed!

#27 Leave it as is

2016-02-16 12:20

Have been visiting Sint Maarten/St. Martin annually since 1984. Have seen many changes - some good, some bad. This is a bad idea. This beach is a unique asset to the island. Other than removing any hazardous materials in the wreck of the hotel, it should be left as is. The structure should be designated a monument to the ressurection of the island after the devastaion of Hurricanes Lenny and Marilyn. No new hotel/complex should be built on this beach. The current vendor should be permitted to continue his business at his current location.

2016-02-16 12:37

Ce restaurant est aussi un lieu de rassemblement pour les familles à St-Martin. Cela fat plus de 25 ans que nous y allons...Que restera t'il à st-martin comme lieu convivial ?

2016-02-16 12:40

Tropical wave makes Galion Beach!! I have been on the Island since 1992, and this is one of the first places I knew after arriving on the island, It's part of the Galion Constitution, relaxing, surfing windsurfing , have a delicious bite to eat or just having an afternoon cool beverage! It is wrong to take it away now!! They have been cleaning & taking care of the area because of non respectful daytrippers who leave their mess around since the beginning ! SAVE TROPICAL WAVE!!

2016-02-16 20:11

Tropical Wave and Patrick are true treasures. As the island has grown over the past 20 years, the one constant has been Patrick and Tropical Wave. With so many island changes if Patrick is forced to close I doubt we will return to St. Martin for our annual two week stay on the French side and with a global economy in decline, it is not a good idea to close a valuable asset like the Tropical Wave There is a cause and effect if Patrick is forced to close. Thank you

2016-02-16 20:50

we have raised our children at Le Gallion Beach, My parents always asked to be dropped there, when they visit the island. Many barbecues, birthday parties and camping trips are in our memories and now with grandchildren. We DO NOT WANT THE ATMOSPHERE TO CHANGE ! WE DO NOT WANT TROPICAL WAVE, NOR TH BUTTERFLY FARM TO LEAVE !

2016-02-16 21:57

Pat and Tracey are an example for many restaurants at Sxm; they really care about environment. Something most of the politicians don't

2016-02-17 01:00

because it is a beautiful beach and I want to see it stay there!!

2016-02-17 17:45

I knew Galion beach from 1976 to 1999 and want to support Patricks petition.
John Finney

2016-02-18 19:45

Patrick ,his family and staff have always had great respect for this wonderful area and provided wonderful food etc it is unthinkable if they have to move and it will never be the same again,we have only to look around and see what has happened in other places when the wrong decisions have been made.

2016-02-18 21:06

We have been visiting Le Galion for 17 years during our five week hollidays on Sint Maarten The restaurant and beach front are perfectly acceptable as they are. No point in spoiling them in any way and the ruins of the old hotel have an atmosphere of their own which would be a shame to change. We don't want to see another Orient Beach which has absolutely no appeal to my family and friends.

2016-02-19 10:23

Le Gallion is one of our favorite spots on the island....a morning cup of coffee, watching the local families having fun.. usually sit at Tropical Wave with a book.Would be a sin to take down the old building...

2016-02-20 16:26

It's an important cause

2016-02-21 16:06

Have know Le Galion Beach for 30 years. Worked there in my youth. It is a great property and Pat Turner is a wonderful ambassador for St Martin!

2016-02-21 16:27

Don't change a thing on Galeon Beach, its the best beach for families and school outings. Pat Turner's staff keeps the beach clean and safe, let them continue. Leave paradise alone, please.

2016-02-22 02:55

Pat and Tracey Turner and the staff at Tropical Wave have done a great job at protecting and promoting the environment of the Baie de l'Embouchure. Pat recognizes that the beach and baie are special and he has gone out of his way to ensure they stay that way. I hate to think of what this place would look like if Pat and his team had not been here to protect it. I ask the Commune of St Martin to recognize the value of maintaining the presence of Pat and Tropical Wave; Where it is - As it is!

2016-02-22 02:59

It is important to have a beach on the island that is not over developed. Pat has protected and nurtured La Galion beach since I was first on the island in 1984. It is the last beach on St. Martin that is not overwhelmed by hordes of people and their attendant clutter. Leave Pat, Tropical Wave and la Galion be.

2016-02-22 23:52

Why fix what ain't broken? And put a new owner while this man has been there so long? Why?

2016-02-22 23:59

This is one of the reasons I come to SXM. Iam not against change but this look like LAND GRAB. WHY?

2016-02-23 01:19

The Tropical Wave Restaurant at LeGalion beach has been our favorite Saint Martin beach for over 30 years. Please save this restaurant and beach!

Thank you.

2016-02-23 19:10

We visit St Martin every year. We use Galion Beach with our grandchildren. It's a nice relaxing, clean family place we enjoy very much. Please keep Tropical Wave the way it is to be enjoyed by all!!

2016-02-23 20:30

Have been to Tropical Wave. Great people who care about their visitors but most of all have the best intensions for the care of the property around them. Good people like Pat an Tracy who I have known for many years, are hard to find. The people of Galion Beach should be happy and proud to have them as local business operators and neighbours.

2016-02-25 20:01

Because Pat Turner has the best interests of that property at heart from the beginning of his tenure to this day and beyond. I urge everyone who can to support his efforts in maintaining the authenticity of the area.
Big John

2016-02-28 14:03

We have visited Tropical wave for the last 18 years, a perfect place to spend a vacation. Pat has maintained a high standard at the location for his restaurant and kept the protected location with little or no help from the local government services. This location has attracted numerous tourists from around the world, which assisted in the development of St Martin. It makes no sense to now destroy the results of hard work from Pat and his team over 30 + years. St Martin was known at that time the HAPPY island, which sadly is no longer the case. It's not fair and inconsistent with the way Tax has been taken from him. He has been an active contributor for the growth and the inhabitants.

2016-02-29 02:46

The Tropical Wave should be able to stay where they are. Don't ruin another French side Beach.