Eastvale Ban: Multiple & Short-Term Renters in Single-Family Home

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Eastvale Ban: Multiple & Short-Term Renters in Single-Family Home.

Anonymous

#26 Re:

2016-11-19 01:59

#25: -  

Thank you for signing! The city is already pursuing suspected birthing homes through the avenues you mentioned. City staff has told us that it is very difficult to prove unlawful/unlicensed business is actually taking place. They can also use rental registration requirements and structual/building requirements, but these are relatively ineffective tools. The proposed ban should prove to be more effective.

2018-07-12 03:28

It’s seems that everyone is in agreeance that birthing homes, airbnb, and other short term less than 30 day rentals should be prohibited. But where does this stand? Is there anything more we can do to get this passed. I plan to raise my children currently 1 and 3 in this home for their childhood and want this junk out of my city. What has been done so far? How has the city responded? What more can be done? Please help. I am very passionate and very willing to do all I can to help the cause..

Anonymous

#28 Affordable housing

2020-08-27 03:52

I'm a long term renter in Eastvale. I rent a room in a 4 bedroom house with roommates.

Myself and my roommates are all responsible adults, we do not make a lot of noise, do not do drugs. In fact, we are all hard working people and just come home to sleep.

This type of arrangement is a necessity in this time of rising housing costs and declining wages. Working an entry-level job, I do not make enough money to be able to afford my own apartment.

By enacting laws like these against having multiple renters, it would force younger, college educated, hard-working, tax-paying adults like myself to have to find jobs and housing elsewhere.

Were this type of law to be enacted, I would most likely make a move to a neighboring city, or perhaps even a neighboring state, and so would my roommates. This would represent a significant loss to the tax base of Eastvale.