keep weekly bin collections

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition keep weekly bin collections.

#51 weekly bin collections

2016-11-27 12:26

If they are changed some  peope will be effected more than others.

Simonius

#52 Can you emagine?...

2016-11-28 14:06

We are a family of four and our brown bin is always full on the 7th day. We are a responsible family and recycle what we can. We also have two dogs and responsibly pick up after them, putting it in the brown bin on our return home. Can you imagine the smell that would create after 2 weeks?! Especially in the warm summer months...

obataborsi

#53 greatt

2016-12-15 04:06

Good post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon every day.
It will always be exciting to read content from other writers and use a jual obat aborsi and obat aborsi .

Sunflower

#54 Re:

2017-01-03 13:26

#1: -  I signed the KEEP WEEKLY BIN COLLECTIONS petition today because Plymouth streets and homes require weekly rubbish collections to deter rats and foul smells in our homes and streets. The  bins are designed fo weekly collection judging by their size and help deter fly tipping. I hope more people will sign!

Another leaflet drop would be a good idea and posters on lamp-posts to gain more signitures for this worthwhile petition.

fred

#55 Re: Re:

2017-01-03 16:26

#54: Sunflower - Re:  

thanks for your support for the bin petition if you could spread the word please do

Marmite40

#56 Re:

2017-01-05 11:35

#1: -  

I don't mind two weekly collections but it will be a nightmare at Christmas.  Could they put on weekly collections at peak times including the recycling.  My recycling fills up quicker than my brown bin. Also bring back the Xmas tree collections.

ASmith

#57 No fortnightly collection without separate food waste recycling

2017-03-09 14:35

Fortnightly landfill refuse collections should only occur if the council also agrees to collect food waste separately and weekly. Other local authorities with fortnightly collections retain a weekly food waste recycling scheme. If a food waste scheme was adopted by Plymouth it would i) further improve recycling rates, thus reducing landfill fees and ii) remove the issue of decaying waste left in the landfill bin for 2 weeks.

Until the council are willing/prepared/capable to adopt this approach no changes should be made. This proposal is a half-hearted botched scheme.   

Waste

#58 Re: Re:

2017-03-12 16:16

#54: Sunflower - Re won't be signing this. We our a family of 4 and think people need to think more of what they throw away. For example food people over buy. Be more economical. Plus our baby is in cloth nappies so that does not fill up the bins , plus I use cloth sanitary protection. There is lots that we can do to stop waste. Therefore I have chosen not to sign this.

zogger

#59 Weekly bin collections

2017-04-09 15:58

The weekly bin collections be retained. H&S issues must be maintained, to keep standards up.

#60 Re:

2017-04-24 10:04

#1: -  

So... I dont really understand the why fortnightly collections are an improvement. There is more waste sitting in an overfilled bin outside the house, which I consider to be a health risk. There is still going to be the same amount of rubbish to collect so the fortnightly collections still require twice as much movement of rubbish to the dumping site. There is the obvious increase of flytipping that happens when waste management services "improve", which will cost more to deal with. The whole process just doesn't add up in my mind.

t f n

2017-04-29 08:49

i just read the first few columns on the front of the recent plympton news... if pcc think this move will reduce litter, they should take a long walk around plympton (plymouth) now - i have never seen so much rubbish littering the streets and it's only getting worse!

i will be signing this petition if i'm in time - keep bin collections weekly!