Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

2011-12-20 19:00

Hiranyakasipu also was proud to call himself God, but He ended up - by being killed by Vishnu, God Himself. Tomsk wants to be killed by Krishna

2011-12-20 19:02

bhagawad gita is the menu of human being,,,,to self realisezation

лучшая книг, что мне доводилось читать. я учился по ней

As long as Yamaraja, who causes everyone's death, is present here, no one shall meet with death. The great sages have invited the controller of death, Yamaraja, who is the representative of the Lord. Living beings who are under his grip should take advantage by hearing the deathless nectar in the form of this narration of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord.

Every human being dislikes meeting death, but he does not know how to get rid of death. The surest remedy for avoiding death is to accustom oneself to hearing the nectarean pastimes of the Lord as they are systematically narrated in the text of Srimad-Bhagavatam. It is advised herein, therefore, that any human being who desires freedom from death should take to this course of life as recommended by the rishis headed by Saunaka.

2011-12-20 19:03

we wll not agree to ban " BHAGAVAD GITA " ....

2011-12-20 19:04

O Suta Gosvami, there are those amongst men who desire freedom from death and get eternal life. They escape the slaughtering process by calling the controller of death, Yamaraja.

PURPORT

The living entity, as he develops from lower animal life to a higher human being and gradually to higher intelligence, becomes anxious to get free from the clutches of death. Modern scientists try to avoid death by physiochemical advancement of knowledge, but alas, the controller of death, Yamaraja, is so cruel that he does not spare even the very life of the scientist himself. The scientist, who puts forward the theory of stopping death by advancement of scientific knowledge, becomes himself a victim of death when he is called by Yamaraja. What to speak of stopping death, no one can enhance the short period of life even by a fraction of a moment. The only hope of suspending the cruel slaughtering process of Yamaraja is to call him to hear and chant the holy name of the Lord. Yamaraja is a great devotee of the Lord, and he likes to be invited to kirtanas and sacrifices by the pure devotees, who are constantly engaged in the devotional service of the Lord. Thus the great sages, headed by Saunaka and others, invited Yamaraja to attend the sacrifice performed at Naimisaranya. This was good for those who did not want to die.

2011-12-20 19:05

SRIMADBHAGAVAT GITA IS THE SOURCE OF OUR CIVILIZATION AND IT GUIDES THE MODERN SOCIETY TOWARDS A DISCIPLINE DIRECTION.IT MAKES THE HUMAN LIFE HALE AND HEARTY. THROUGH GITA WE CAN LEARN UNIVERSAL BROTHERHOO AND WORLD PEACE.

2011-12-20 19:07

Why Krishna is the only God?

Do you know God’s name, qualities, address, description, history dating back to billions of years, witnessed by millions, and proven?

If you can answer these questions, only then can you truly say you know God. Otherwise you are simply living in darkness.

The Vedic scriptures are the oldest scriptures in the World and the only scriptures that can answer all these questions and in detail.

The Vedic scriptures completely describe God. His history, address, qualities, description, how he creates and maintains and so on. That God is Lord Krishna.
1. The first requirement is that the contender for the position of the supreme has been seen.

Seeing is believing, not seeing is pure speculation.

Lord Krishna has incarnated at least 9 times so far in the current cycle of creation. In each incarnation millions saw him. There is scientific evidence to prove that he existed 5000 years ago, as stated in the Vedic scriptures. Scientists have found the city where Lord Krishna lived in Dwarka, India, as described in the Vedic scriptures. NASA has taken satellite pictures of the bridge between India and Sri Lanka that Lord Krishna built in his Lord Ram incarnation, some 1.7 million years ago.

2. The second requirement is that the contender’s description is known.

How can you believe in someone without actually seeing them or knowing what they look like?
Lord Krishna has a form just like a human being. Even the Christian Bible states that man is made in the image of God. This means that God is a person with two hands, 2 legs and so on. That person is Lord Krishna.
His complexion is dark-blue, like that of a rain filled cloud.
His eyes are like lotus petals.
He is ever youthful.
He is full of bliss and his beauty excels that of thousand of cupids.
He likes to play the flute.
He wears a peacock feather in his crown.
He wears the Kaustubha jewel around his neck.
He wears yellow garments.

Lord Krishna is complete in six kinds of opulence – wisdom, beauty, fame, power, wealth, and renunciation.
Read more...
3. The third requirement is that the contender’s divinity is proven.

Anyone can claim to be God, but who can actually prove it?

To protect innocent people from imposters, Arjuna asked Lord Krishna to prove his divinity. Lord Krishna granted Arjuna divine vision and revealed his spectacular unlimited forms as the cosmic universe. Thus he conclusively established his divinity.
“Arjuna saw in that universal form unlimited mouths, unlimited eye, unlimited wonderful visions. The form was decorated with many celestial ornaments and bore many diving upraised weapons. He wore celestial garlands and garments, and many divine scents were smeared over his body. All was wondrous, brilliant, unlimited, all expanding. If hundreds of thousands of suns were to rise at once into the sky, their radiance might resemble the effulgence of the supreme person in that universal form.”(Bhagavad-Gita 11.10-12)

In each incarnation, Lord Krishna proved that he was God, all the details can be found in the Srimad Bhagavatam. Here we will focus on his incarnation 5000 years ago.

Lord Krishna performed miracles that no other being can perform.
When Lord Krishna was 7 years old, he lifted a mountain (26 miles in perimeter) and held it up with his one hand for 7 days. Witnessed by tens of thousands of people who were standing underneath the mountain.
Lord Krishna expanded his body into 16,108 forms. Which means he duplicated his body into 16,108 identical bodies.
Lord Krishna transformed himself into others. This means he can make himself into a copy of anyone.
Lord Krishna showed in his mouth, the whole Universe.
Lord Krishna granted Arjuna divine vision and reveled his spectacular unlimited form as the cosmic universe. In which Arjuna could see the various forms of Lord Krishna, and unlimited Planets while being seated in one place. He was also shown the past, present, and future.
Lord Krishna killed all the wicked Kings who were tormenting and harassing the public. People were saved in this very life and didn’t have to wait for the Day of Judgment.
When a woman called Draupadi was disrobed in a court of kings, she called out to Lord Krishna for help and he supplied her with an unlimited sari and thus she could not be disrobed.
Many atheists tried to kill Lord Krishna, but Lord Krishna very easily defeated them all and also gave them on the spot liberation. Lord Krishna is most merciful; he gives liberation even to those who try to kill him. The Lord can give on the spot liberation; one does not need to wait for the Day of Judgment.
Lord Krishna brought back to life many dead people including the six children of Devaki.
Lord Krishna cured diseased people including transforming a hunchback woman into a most beautiful woman in return for offering sandalwood pulp to the Lord.
4. The fourth requirement is that the contender’s qualities are known and proven

Lord Krishna has 64 qualities, which are all mentioned in the Vedic scriptures.

Supreme Father:
“It should be understood that all species of life, o son of Kunti, are made possible by birth in this material nature, and that I am the seed giving father” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 14.4)
“I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support and the grandsire”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.17)

Supreme Creator: Lord Krishna is the origin of all.
“The whole cosmic order is under me. By my will it is manifested again and again, and by my will it is annihilated at the end” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.8)
“Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being, moving or unmoving, that can exist without me” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.39)
“I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.8)
“Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both the origin and the dissolution” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.6)

Supreme Controller: Lord Krishna is the supreme controller.
“I give heat, and I withhold and send forth the rain” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.19)
“With a single fragment of myself I pervade and support this entire universe”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.42)

Supreme Maintainer:
“The splendor of the sun, which dissipates the darkness of the whole world, comes from me. And the splendor of the moon and the splendor of fire are also from me” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 15.12)
“I enter into each planet, and by energy they stay in orbit” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 15.13)
“This material nature, which is one of my energies is working under my direction”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.10)

Omnipresent: Lord Krishna is omnipresent, meaning he is present everywhere.
“I am the supersoul, O Arjuna, seated in the hearts of all living entities, I am the beginning, the middle, and the end of all beings” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.20)

Omnipotent: Lord Krishna is omnipotent, meaning he is the greatest.
“There is no truth beyond Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.7)

Omniscient: Lord Krishna knows the past, present, and the future.
“O Arjuna, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.26)
“Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot!”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 4.5)

There is Only One God:
“Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only me, O son of Kunti, but they do so in a wrong way. I am the only enjoyer and master of all sacrifices. Therefore, those who do not recognize my true transcendental nature fall down”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.24)
5. The fifth requirement is that the contender’s history dating back to Billions of years is known.

Full details on the pastimes of Lord Krishna in each of his incarnations can be found in the Srimad Bhagavatam.

The Vedic scriptures contain the history of Lord Krishna dating back to billions of years.
6. The sixth requirement is that the contender’s supremacy is mentioned in authorized scriptures.

The Vedic scriptures are the only scriptures that have existed since the beginning of time, and thus eternal and the absolute truth. There is no higher authority than that of the Vedic scriptures.

Lord Brahma who is the first created living being states in Brahma Samhita:
“Krishna who is known as Govinda is the supreme godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and he is the prime cause of all causes.” (Brahma Samhita 5.1)

After Describing various incarnations of the Lord such as Rama, Balrama, Vamana, Nrsimha, and Vishnu, Sukadeva Goswami states:
“All of the above mentioned incarnations are either plenary portions of portions of the plenary portions of the Lord, but Lord Krishna is the original Personality of Godhead” (Srimad Bhagavatam 1.3.28)

Lord Shiva in the Gita Mahatmya states:
“Only one God – Krishna, the son of Devaki (verse 7)

In the Padma Purana it is stated:
“By scrutinizingly reviewing all the revealed scriptures and judging them again and again, it is now concluded that Lord Narayana is the supreme absolute truth, and thus he alone should be worshipped”

In the Skanda Purana it states:
“In the material world, which is full of darkness and dangers, combined with birth and death and full of different anxieties, the only way to get out of the great entanglement is to accept loving transcendental devotional service to Lord Vasudeva.”

The position of Krishna as God is confirmed by great personalities like Narada, Asita, Devela, Parasara, Brahma, and Shiva.
7. The seventh requirement is that the contender’s address is known.

The Srimad Bhagavatam gives the address of Lord Krishna as:

The top most Planet shaped like a Lotus called Goluka Vrandavan in the spiritual universe called Vaikuntha.

Conclusion

Everyone is looking for God, well here is the person God, Lord Krishna. Since you do not know anyone else with the details and proof just mentioned. Why don’t you accept him?
http://www.gitamrta.org/god.html#god3

2011-12-20 19:09

Applying the Bhagavad-Gita today.

Why should I bother with the Bhagavad-Gita?
How does it apply to me today?

What is the Bhagavad-Gita?

The Bhagavad-Gita is the only word of God in person. It is the conversation between a man called Arjuna and God himself in the human form, Lord Krishna. The conversation took place in Kurukshetra (India), more than 5000 years ago.

Arjuna was a typical person in the material world. He was in a dilemma as he was forgetful of his real duties in life. Therefore Krishna spoke the sacred teachings of the Bhagavad-Gita for the upliftment and purification of Arjuna and all humanity.

Life is a War

This world is full of suffering for everyone, either today or tomorrow, know-one can escape pain and suffering. Especially in the current age, which is called Kali Yuga. Which literally means the dark ages. The age of ignorance and irreligion. The result of ignorance and irreligion is pain and suffering.

Suffering is caused by Nature in the form of natural disasters like flooding, earthquakes, droughts, crop failures, and so on. Suffering caused by other humans, like terrorists. Suffering caused by personal relationship with others, like marital problems, brother/ friend/family problems and suffering caused by work/business problems and so on.

Whether you are Bill Gates, the President, or a dog on the street. Life is full of calamities and anxiety. And even if you get through this life with fewer problems. You have to go through the whole thing (life), millions of times. In one life you will be the CEO and in another life you will be a dog and so on for millions of life times.

Ignorance, materialism, lust, greed, and violence, represents the soldiers on the opposing side in our war.

Everyone is experiencing turmoil and confusion in their lives, the result of which is living a lusty, materialist, and ignorant life, a wasted rare human birth.
Read more...

Everyday we are faced with decisions in our lives

Shall I do this or do that?
Will he/she be ok?
Shall I buy now or wait?
How much shall I spend?
When will I do it?
When will I go?
Which should I choose?
Who should I choose?
When will I retire?
Will it work out?

And so on…..

The real enemy of Arjuna was his mind rather than the soldiers on the other side. We are faced with the same situation. Our own mind is the greatest enemy, which is constantly tricking us into thinking that life is all about material enjoyment and sense gratification. Everyday we are faced with decisions, which will affect our future. Thus everyday is a battle with ignorance, materialism, lust, greed, and anger. If we can win the daily battles for some time then we have entered into spiritual life and the war over ignorance, materialism, lust, greed, and anger has been won. And at the end of this life we will enter into the kingdom of God with eternal spiritual life.

In order for us to win our war, we need the same knowledge that Arjuna was given by Lord Krishna. The Bhagavad-Gita.

By understanding the Bhagavad-Gita, the decisions we make in everyday life will alter our lives for the better and the result will be peace and happiness even in this life. And after this life there is guaranteed eternal peace for those who understand and practice the Bhagavad-Gita. If we don’t have the knowledge of the Bhagavad-Gita than all our decisions are simply based on speculation and thus the result will be speculative. Sometimes the decision we made earlier will turn out to be correct, and sometimes incorrect. More often our speculative decisions will turn out to be wrong and we will continue with a life of ignorance, materialism, lust, greed, and anger. At the time of death if we have a materialist mindset then we will once again have to go through this hellish life with all the problems. We may even fall down again into the animal kingdom and then have to go through 8 million births before we get another human birth.

By understanding and practicing the principles outlined in the Bhagavad-Gita we can minimize the affects, control, and avoid some of the problematic situations in our life.

The Problems in Our Lives

Your spouse may be cheating you
Your spouse may not be happy
Your marriage may end at any time
You may lose your job at any time
Your business may go down at any time
You may be kicked out of your house at any time
Your savings will run out at any time
Your health may deteriorate at any time
You may develop cancer at any time
You may catch AIDS at any time

Your children may become diseased at any time
Your loved one may die at any time

And so on..

The above list of decisions and problems are real and affects everyone. The Bhagavad-Gita can truly help us all overcome the complexities of material life.

What Difference Will The Bhagavad-Gita Make?

Whether you understand and practice the Bhagavad-Gita or not will make a significant difference to your current lifestyle and the next. If you think life is all about mating, eating and enjoying, then your next body will be in the animal kingdom and then your life will be to simply eat, sleep, mate, and defend. If you like exposing your body to others then your next body will be that of a tree and you will be able to stand naked in one place for thousands of years, exposed to all. If you eat anything and everything then your next body will be that of a hog who eats anything and everything, including stool.

2011-12-20 19:10

Distribute Bhagavad-Gita

Stop degradation of Humans by giving them the best spiritual knowledge. Distribute the Bhagavad-Gita CDs and Books

Ignorance is the mother of all sins. All negative qualities, such as lust, anger, and greed, are nothing but a manifestation of ignorance. The giving of the gift of knowledge is the best charity. The best welfare is to help others discover their real nature, self-realization. The gifting of material goods only increases sense gratification and bondage to material life. Spiritual knowledge sets one free from the cycle of birth, old age, disease, and death (material life).

This is Kali Yuga, the age of darkness, ignorance, and irreligion. Only the Bhagavad-Gita can save humanity, because it’s the only scripture that is spoken by God in person and also written by God in person.

Lord Krishna is the speaker of the Bhagavad-Gita and Ved Vasya who is an incarnation of Lord Krishna is the author of the Bhagavad-Gita and all other Vedic scriptures.

Until 5000 years ago, the whole world was called Bharat (the light), and there was only one religion in the whole world, Sanatan Dharma. But because of the influence of Kali Yuga, now the whole world is in darkness due to the irreligious principles of man made teachings. These irreligious principles being; meat eating, God being invisible, we are the body (reject reincarnation), killing for virgins and wine in Heaven, and so on. Only those who have the higher spiritual consciousness can bring light to the whole world again.

Out of the 6.5 billion people in the world, at least 5.5 billion are in complete ignorance as they are all godless. They cannot answer the simplest question ‘Who is the Supreme person’? Only the Bhagavad-Gita answers this basic question. Lord Krishna is the supreme person (God).

Lord Chaitanya, who appeared 500 years ago is an incarnation of Lord Krishna and he stated that every Bharat varshian (Indian) should distribute Vedic knowledge to the world. The reason being that this is the only hope for mankind. The word ‘Bharat’ means ‘the light’. There is only one light in the whole world as there is only one country called Bharat (India). All other nations are not the light, thus the dark.

Please support this site and help your self and others by buying and distributing the Bhagavad-Gita CDs.

By listening to these recordings you will benefit and by distributing to others, they will benefit. Most people will spend thousands on buying all sorts of non-sense things in life which won’t help them at the time of death. Only the Bhagavad-Gita will help you at death. If you have listened to it, practiced it, and distributed it. All your material knowledge (computing, medicine, law, engineering etc..) will be completely useless at death.

The recordings on this site are low quality mp3 format. You can buy a much higher quality version of these recordings on CDs from www.krishna.com

By buying these CDs, you will be supporting www.krishna.com Which is the site of the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust. The organization created by his divine grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Founder-arcarya of ISKCON.

Please don’t be stingy, you come into this world with nothing and will leave with nothing. Thus spend your hard earned money on serving humanity and Lord Krishna. This is real wealth that you will take with you at death.

What do you listen to when driving your car?

Some non-sense bollywood music or western pop?

Why not listen to transcendental singing, the top most transcendental song is the Bhagavad-Gita. Buy the CDs to listen in the car, at home and work.
“And I declare that he who studies this sacred conversation of ours worships Me by his intelligence. And one who listens with faith and without envy becomes free from sinful reactions and attains to the auspicious planets where the pious dwell.” Lord Krishna (Bg. 18.70-71)

Do you truly want to help your friends and relatives?

Gifting material items only binds one to miserable material life for countless lifetimes. Thus by gifting material items, you are helping your friends and relatives to stay in darkness and misery.
“From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But one who attains to my abode, O son of Kunté, never takes birth again.” Lord Krishna (Bg. 8.16)

Give them the gift of knowledge. The Bhagavad-Gita As It Is on CDs.

#5686 Re:

2011-12-20 19:11

#9: -

Суд идет не над книгой, а над комментариями к ней, которая написана в 20 веке

2011-12-20 19:12

they must read bhagwadgeeta first and think on it after that only

2011-12-20 19:13

Bhagavad-Gita Q&A

The following are practical answers to practical questions, which we all have. I have tried to quote verses from the Bhagavad-Gita where possible to support the answers. The translation of the Sanskrit verses into English are mine (Kamlesh Patel) and 100% based on the teachings of his divine grace Srila Prabhupada.

There are many translations of the Bhagavad-Gita, the reason for this being that people don’t believe in sharing and consider themselves to be the owners of their work and thus don’t allow others to use their work. This is opposite to what Lord Krishna teaches in the Bhagavad-Gita, where he states that those who share their belongings with others and don’t consider themselves to the owners of anything are very dear to him.

I will follow the Bhagavad-Gita and thus give anyone the right to use my work, the only condition is that you don’t change my words and quote ‘Courtesy of Bhagavad-Gita.ws’ as the reference. I don’t want any money or waste your time by asking you to fill out useless forms.
“One who does not hate anyone; is friendly and compassionate to all living beings; shares his belongings with others; has no sense of ownership; free from ego; even-minded in both happiness and distress; forgiving; tolerant in all situations; always satisfied; worships me with determination and devotion. Such a person is very dear to me.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 12.13-14)
1. What is the Bhagavad-Gita?
2. What information does the Bhagavad-Gita give?
3. What does the Bhagavad-Gita teach?
4. What is the history of the Bhagavad-Gita?
5. Does the Bhagavad-Gita preach that those who don’t follow it go to hell?
6. Does God sustain all living beings?
7. Show me God, only then I will believe?
8. What is the evidence for God?
9. What is Religion?
10. What is the purpose of Religion?
11. Is freedom of religion the will of God?
12. What is the difference between Man made and God made knowledge?

13. What is Universal knowledge?
14. What Vedic scriptures are there?
15. Are the Vedic scriptures, the origin of all knowledge?
16. Is Vedic knowledge Eternal?
17. What are the four Yugas (Ages)?
18. What is the life Span of Brahma?
19. What scriptures should I follow?
20. What is God?
21. Who is Krishna?
22. Does God appear in his eternal body many times?
23. Does God have all memory?
24. Who is the origin of everything?
25. Who is the greatest person?
26. Who is the most powerful person?
27. Is God present everywhere?
28. Who is the father of all living beings?
29. Who controls the heat and rain?
30. Is God present in the heart?
31. Who is the witness to all our actions?
32. How brilliant does God look?
33. What God should I follow?
34. Does everything we have come from God?
35. Does God have a form?
36. Is there scientific basis for God having a form?
37. Do you worship idols?
38. Does everyone worship God via an object?
39. What is the relationship between the living entities and God?
40. What is the kingdom of God like?
41. Is Krishna a mean God?
42. What is Dr Frog mentality?
43. What is the peace formula for the whole World?
44. What causes humans to hate each other?
45. What is Owl mentality?
46. What is Camel mentality?
47. When is self-defense necessary?
48. Does Krishna ask Arjuna to fight?
49. If Krishna is God then why didn’t he destroy the other side?
50. Does God give us free will?
51. What is Yoga?
52. What are the sinful activities?
53. What makes people engage in sinful activities?
54. Are we all born in ignorance?
55. Why does God create evil people?
56. Is our association important?
57. Are the sinners doomed?
58. Why no intoxications?
59. Why we should not gamble?
60. Why we should not eat meat?
61. Why no Illicit sex?
62. Should we go to visit places or people?
63. How many wives did Krishna have?
64. Why did Krishna have so many wives?
65. How do I understand that God can expand himself into millions of forms?
66. What is the science of the soul?
67. Are we the spiritual soul, or matter, the body?
68. Do we live forever?
69. Is disease and old age the killer?
70. What is Time?
71. When is the Day of Judgment?
72. What happens at death?
73. Are the dead waiting in their graves or gone?
74. Will I see my relatives again after this life?
75. What body will you get next?
76. What is Maya?
77. What is Krishna consciousness?
78. Are all souls equal?
79. Why is one soul in an animal body another in a human body?
80. Is 2012 the end of the World?
81. Is the purpose of life to build an empire?
82. Does life come from chemicals?
83. How do I understand the reality of reincarnation?
84. What does rejecting karma and reincarnation mean?
85. How do we move up or down in Life?
86. How many species of living beings are there?
87. Are animals our brothers and sisters?
88. Is killing plants and animals the same?
89. Does the Bhagavad-Gita preach meat eating?
90. What are the three gates to hell?
91. Keeping pets is bad for the pets and humans?
92. Is abortion bad or good?
93. What is Leather?
94. Can you digest your food?
95. Do you enjoy water and light?
96. Why is life full of ups and downs?
97. Who are the Demigods?
98. How great are the Demigods?
99. Should the Demigods be worshipped?
100. Does Satan really exist?
101. Is Bollywood demonic?
102. Is America the Supreme Destination?
103. Is a degree in medicine the king of Education?
104. What is the result of material education but no spiritual education?
105. What is the caste system?
106. Who are the unbelievers of God?
107. What takes away the good qualities in a person?
108. How do I achieve peace of mind?
109. How do I become happy?
110. Is life on all planets miserable?
111. What are the three modes of material nature?
112. Should we be kind and tolerant like a tree?
113. How can I go to the kingdom of God?
115. What are the moral values of civilized humans?
116. Should we only eat fresh food?
117. Are wholesome foods good for us?
118. Are hot and salty foods bad for us?
119. Are same sex relationships wrong?
120. What is Bhakti Yoga?
121. What is the difference between human and animal consciousness?
122. Can you describe God?
123. What keeps people in ignorance?
124. What is foolishness?
125. What are the problems of material life?
126. What are the daily decisions we have to make?
127. What is karma?
128. Why do we suffer?
129. Why do good people suffer?
130. Why bad people don’t suffer?
131. Are those who live in big houses very fortunate?
132. How do we minimize the reactions to our actions?
133. What are the symptoms of a spiritual master?
134. Are women lower than men?
135. Why should women be protected from degradation?
136. What is the result of not following the scriptures?
137. How great are some Yogis?
138. Are you what you eat?
139. Why should you be charitable?
140. What is the best charity?
141. What is the highest service to God?
142. What is the difference between devotees and yogis?
143. What is the mentality of those who don’t follow the Bhagavad-Gita?
144. Does Krishna curse those who don’t follow him?
145. What is the mentality of those who follow the Bhagavad-Gita?
146. What are the characteristics of a self-realized person?
147. What are the benefits of Krishna consciousness to the World?
148. How did Krishna prove he was God?
149. Will Krishna take away my sins?
150. Is there a conflict between the teachings of the World religions?
151. Has Krishna already saved people?

http://www.gitamrta.org/bhagavad_gita_questions.html

2011-12-20 19:13

5. Does the Bhagavad-Gita preach that those who don’t follow it go to hell?

No.

One of the differences between the Bhagavad-Gita and the non-Vedic scriptures is that the God of the Bhagavad-Gita is a responsible, mature, loving, and caring person. He is neither a bully, hater, curser, or childish.
“I hate no one. I am equal to all living beings…" (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.29)
“…One who has no enemies among all living beings comes to me.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 11.55)
“One who is compassionate to all living beings … - These are some of the qualities of those born with divine nature.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 16.1-3)

The fact that the people of various religions exist is simple proof that it’s God’s will they exist, because God is the creator of everything and everyone.

I have come across many in my life who say I will go to hell because I don’t follow their religion. They think that God made a mistake by creating those who don’t follow their religion. They clearly don’t understand that God is full control, infallible, and the father of all living beings and thus all living beings are brothers and sisters.
“I am transcendental, beyond the fallible and infallible, and because I am the greatest, I am celebrated as the Supreme person, on the material, and spiritual planets, and in the Vedas.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 15.18)

2011-12-20 19:14

Gita should never be banned....
kinjal

#5691 Gita not be banned

2011-12-20 19:14

Gita should not be banned

2011-12-20 19:15

Never use politics and judicial system against GOD.

2011-12-20 19:16

21. Who is Krishna?

Krishna is God, he has appeared millions of times in his spiritual body and each time he appears, many demonic living beings challenge him. Krishna very easily defeats them all. Also, every time he appears, Krishna saves all his followers. This is simple proof that he is the one and only God.

“I am the origin of the whole creation. Everything emanates from me. The wise worship me [Krishna] with devotion.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.8)

There are millions of universes and Krishna is the origin of everything.
“With a single particle of myself [Krishna], I maintain the entire creation.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.42)

With a tiny particle of himself, Krishna creates and maintains millions of universes. This is how great Krishna (God) is.

There are many who claim to be God, or their followers claim them to be God. But how many of them actually say how they are God. Krishna very clearly states how he is God, and he also proved it. Full details can be found in the Srimad Bhagavatam.

It is not so easy to eradicate or bandh The Great Bhagawat Gita, It is true it is eternal and it will prevail even after the earth gets collapsed

Not to ban

2011-12-20 19:17

The Bhagawad gita is an inspiration of millions. How is it possible to ban it ?.

2011-12-20 19:17

41. Is Krishna a mean God?

By reading the non-Vedic scriptures, one would think that God is very mean and merciless, because he sends people to eternal hell, burns people, and orders his followers to hate others and so on.

The real God is loving and responsible. He would not make such irresponsible statements. Lord Krishna is the real God and he is loving, merciful and forgiving. He does not bully or hate anyone, nor does he order his followers to hate others. Krishna is nice. He is equal to all living beings because they are his children, and he loves all his children. Krishna advises his followers to be friendly to all living beings.
“I hate no one. I am equal to all living beings…" (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.29)
“…One who has no enemies among all living beings comes to me.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 11.55)
“One who is compassionate to all living beings … - These are some of the qualities of those born with divine nature.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 16.1-3)
“One who does not hate anyone; is friendly and compassionate to all living beings; shares his belongings with others; has no sense of ownership; free from ego; even-minded in both happiness and distress; forgiving; tolerant in all situations; always satisfied; worships me with determination and devotion. Such a person is very dear to me.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 12.13-14)
S

2011-12-20 19:18

!!!

2011-12-20 19:19

48. Does Krishna ask Arjuna to fight?

Yes.
“Always think of me [Krishna] and at the same time do your duty of fighting. Surrender your mind and intelligence unto me and surely you will attain me without a doubt.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 8.7)

Krishna is asking Arjuna to do this duty of fighting, because Arjuna is a soldier in the military and thus it’s his job to fight when there is a war. For the civilians, we have to do our duty according to our occupation and at the same time think of Krishna.

Krishna was on the side that did not want to fight, he was on the side that wanted peace, but he told Arjuna to fight as the other side wanted war and when there are two sides, with one wanting war. Then there will be war and thus Krishna asked Arjuna to fight. Arjuna was the good guy and on the opposing side were the bad guys.

If you read all the history books, you will learn that so many races of people have existed in the past and except for the Vedic race of people, all other races have become extinct within a few hundred years or at most a few thousand years. Only those who are on the side of Krishna are eternal, all others are temporary. The Romans, ancient Egyptians, ancient Greeks, Mayans, and so many other races have become extinct.

The followers of the Lord Ram Chandra, an incarnation of Lord Krishna, lived around 2 million years and they still exist today. 5000 years ago, Lord Krishna spoke the Bhagavad-Gita, and the followers of Lord Krishna still exist today. This is simple proof that the followers of Lord Krishna are eternal.
“My devotees become righteous, attain lasting peace, and never perish. “Lord Krishna (Bhagavad-Gita 9.31)

49. If Krishna is God then why didn’t he destroy the other side?

Krishna is God and he could instantly kill all the soldiers on the other side with just one glance, but he didn’t do this, because he doesn’t interfere with our free will, which is given by him. Otherwise there is no point in human existence. Being human means we have free will, which we can use properly or misuse.

Based on the actions taken by Arjuna and his opponent Duryodhana, they will have to face the reactions to their actions. Which in this case resulted in war. Krishna approached Duryodhana and asked him to settle the land dispute peacefully but he refused and declared war. So then Krishna offered to help both sides, one side can choose his army and the other side can choose him as an adviser. This is free will, which we all have.

Duryodhana choose the army of Krishna as he thought by having more men he would win the war. Arjuna was very eager for Krishna himself as an adviser, as he thought to have God is better than everything else. Krishna was God but he was playing the role of a Prince and thus he had an army, all Princes had armies in ancient times. Arjuna knew that Krishna was God even before hearing the Bhagavad-Gita.

Only a few people knew that Krishna was God, even though Krishna very clearly proved that he was the greatest person. Even today, out of the 6.5 billion people in the World, less than 1 billion may have heard about the greatness of Krishna, and only a few hundred million know for sure that Krishna is the one and only God.

We can select the President or the Prime Minister of a country, but God himself selects those who can know him, very few, as God is not so cheap.
“Out of thousands of persons, one will strive for spiritual self-realization, and among the strivers, someone may know me. (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.3)

2011-12-20 19:19

Бхагават Гита - это древнее авторитетное духовное писание. Проводить суд над ней - тоже самое, что судить Библию или Коран.