Resignation of Fish and Game President Daniel Richards

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Resignation of Fish and Game President Daniel Richards.

2012-05-14 08:55

Sport hunting in this day and age is all about egos!

2012-05-15 03:02

The same department that issues permits should not be allowed to make the decision on what can or cannot be hunted.

2012-05-21 22:55

Anyone who shoots a big cat should not be in such a prestigious position.

2012-05-23 19:31

I demand the immediate resignation of Daniel Richards. How can someone of this calibre be put in charge of any animal when he himself delights in killing what he is supposedly protecting? Sorry but he does not have my vote! I want him O U T NOW
Maurene

#80 Re:

2012-05-23 19:34

#77: -  

No they should not be allowed to make these decisions as one can only too clearly see the man , Daniel Richards, who is in charge is a killer

2012-05-23 20:04

Richards has been "an abysmal steward of wildlife and an obstructionist rather than a conservationist." ( LA Times )
He has voted against listing a declining amphibian as threatened; voted against protecting the Pacific Fisher, which is a rare mammal; voted against efforts to stop the use of toxic lead shot in California's condor habitat; and, repeatedly, also opposed a variety of protections for marine life. Thankfully a majority of the commission disagreed with him and approved these protection measures.
What were you thinking Arnie, when you appointed this " man " to protect wildlife ???

2012-05-23 20:07

Commissioner Richards should honor the public trust he is privileged to have, respect the wishes of the people, and resign. If he doesn't, then the Legislature should act swiftly to remove him and rid itself of this distraction.
Wildlife in California today faces unprecedented threats from development, habitat loss, poaching, and a vast array of other factors. We need leaders who will help us address those issues.

2012-05-24 03:45

I agree what is said, about Mr. Richardson...
He is no longer worth to be in this position/job..

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2012-08-25 11:50