Keep it rural

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Keep it rural.

2012-04-30 21:48

In addition, limiting development in the area would also benefit the historical significance of the region and  would help establish a natural boundary to urban sprawl that has already overwhelmed so much of the area.
What attracts people to the area are the natural, cultural and historic assets. Preserving them serves to maintain them for the appreciation of future generations as well as create employment.  Cities like Portland,Oregon are a prime example of responsible and high value planning and development without sprawl .
We must be responsible stewards of our gifts. For a prosperous future.

2012-05-19 01:37

The value of this land is bigger than any one developer, land owner, company president, or even county commission. Once we build on it, it cannot be undone. What a shame if we look to short-term gains to take away this "Gateway to The Rockies" backdrop forever.

2012-05-19 02:07

I have supported keeping the mountain backdrop clear for viewing and for maintaining a feeling of open space for nearly twenty years. There must be no development west of Co;o. Hwy 93 to the sharp rise of the mountains. I definitely want to continue protection of the mountain backdrop. David Wddington

2012-05-19 18:51

Think to the future and reduce our carbon footprint. We should not spread commercial developments out into rural areas.

#5 Urban sprawl

2012-05-19 20:52

Ralston Creek is full of Uranium that naturally occurs in Colorado. How is that problem of either ingested or inhaled Uranium particles? Way too much development and not enough look to the future and out energy needs.

2012-05-19 23:32

keep it rural

2012-05-22 00:00

Highway 93 has the value of being a scenic gateway to the Rockies, especially coming from the north. These are valuable open space viewsheds and should be protected!

2012-05-22 15:04

The city of Golden has always voted for the money people, like when they found a way around the citezen's one percent vote. Maybe they will vote with the people who live here for a change! But I doubt it.

2012-05-22 20:34

Destroying the beauty and majestic views of the front range does not benefit the community. And once, lost to development, we can never get it back.

2012-05-22 20:52

Keeping the beautiful scenery and openness of the space is very important to me. We certainly do not need more houses and congestion. Nor do we need more shopping centers, business centers, etc. Tired of driving by all those vacant stores and businesses.  It is ashame that money speaks more than what is right for the community's life style and preserving the natural beauty of the area.

2012-05-23 06:08

Do you see even one comment here saying, "Oh please---plop down one more shopping mall & bring on more people to trample the environment!" No, you don't. And you won't. Leave the land alone. Leave the views alone. If I wanted urban life, I'd live in town. Keep It Rural.

2012-05-23 07:41

CO 93 should remain the urban-rural edge, with lands west either agricultural, open space or rural use intensity.
Editor

#13 Re: Not Golden's Jurisdiction

2012-05-26 19:29

#8: -  

The City of Golden basically opposes the development of the Keller property - this action is being done in the Jeffco system.  I recent years the City of Golden has been very tuned in to their citizens and the big money influence does not appear to be an issue.

Sincerely Sandie

2012-06-02 01:19

We have lived in Jefferson County over 50 years, seen much growth, but are tired of losing the beautiful view we used to have. Please stop taking away all the lovely scenery left, please allow the rural habitat to be open and beautiful.  We are so proud of   
our "Gateway to the Rockies" backdrop in Golden. Please, no more buildings or homes, let us enjoy the natural beauty into the Rockies.  It is such a pleasure to drive through Golden and see the beautiful openness .
We feel the wonder of the Mountains, and feel the joy in our hearts.   Thank you for listening and caring what your county residents feel and think.  Thank you for understanding the importance of the openness of the area.

2012-06-02 04:12

Maybe know one remembers how unstable the land is in this area. Expensive Homes are literally going Down Hill and have been for yrs.
What is the matter with Stupid Greedy Developers ?

2012-06-13 06:07

Are you so money hungry that you put it before the best interest of the county you SERVE? Look at the "ticky-tacky" (to quote a song)development perched next to hywy.93 overlooking Golden, south of Hywy.6. Be strong and forthright like Boulder and hold on to one of the most scenic urban corridors of Denver. Don't contribute to urban sprawl but get a plan that enhances Jefferson County

2012-06-13 08:28

The High Park fire occurring west of Fort Collins is further testament as to limiting urbanization at the edge of and into the foothills.

2012-06-13 16:31

I am in support of a new highway to replace the severely outdated hwy 93. I support making this a more modern, safe hwy. I do not support development of commercial businesses along the hwy.

2012-06-13 18:12

Please protect what we have left of nature!

2012-06-13 19:18

People should come to Colorado to enjoy what is here, and not want what they left behind. In the 19 years that I have lived here, it is sad to see the open spaces disappearing. Please help preserve this beautiful section of the Foothills.
Editor

#21 Re:

2012-06-15 04:47

#8: -  This development is being supported by our Jefferson County government, but not by the City of Golden.

2012-06-15 11:16

There is a large elk herd that appears west of Highway 93 along with other wildlife and vegetation. With the Rocky Flats natural corridor in place I am very surpiresed that this id being considered? I will photograph this corridor so our grandchildren can see what Arvada contributed as their plan for the future.
Sharon Rouse

#23 True Blood Season 5 Episode 2

2012-06-15 14:02

True Blood Season 5 Episode 2 is going to be rock on this sunday.So be ready to watch True Blood Season 5 Episode 2 Online through our streaming link.

http://truebloodse5ep2.metroblog.com/

2012-06-16 00:19

Please lets not develope every last piece of land on the front range. I hate to think of that section of property being condo's, homes etc. The front range is what it is because its not developed. Lets keep it that way.

2012-06-16 18:12

Don't let this development happen. It is unnecessary and borders on crime.