STOP HASBRO FROM CORRUPTING KIDS WITH TOYS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP HASBRO FROM CORRUPTING KIDS WITH TOYS.

Mom in the US

#51 Oh for the love of god...

2012-11-12 14:47

"Cracker" is not a racial slur. In no way does it contribute to oppression of white people.

"Acid Storm" means a literal storm of acidic compounds, a typical tactic in many cartoons.

"Brawl" does mean that, but if you TEACH your child, rather than relying on toys to do it, there shouldn't be a problem.

You know, I'm not even gonna bother with the rest, because with each of these, you are reaching into realms heretofore unknown of absolute insanity.

All I'm seeing is "I don't want my child to be exposed to things that allude to violence" while failing to realize that, in the real world, when watching the NEWS, children see more violence than anything else. Lady, you need to get a damned grip.

You are seeking to shield your child, which will do more damage, because in denying these things exist, you're sending your child into the world unprepared for whatever they may experience. Instead of launching a crusade to get these things banned on lateral associations, why not take some damned responsibility as a parent and teach your kid why these things are wrong?

YOU are what's wrong with this country, not these toys. Parents shirking responsibility, attempting to keep (what you see as) the evils of the world when you should be educating them. GROW UP!

Sincerely,
A fellow parent who's sick of morons like you. GET OVER YOURSELF!

PS: Freedom of religion doesn't mean pushing your Judeo-Christian values down everyone's throat, it means being free to teach your child what you want without the rest of us having to deal with your insanity. Get a clue, lady.
Grimlock

#52 Re: This comment is gold.

2012-11-13 03:12

Bluestreak

#53 What kind of drugs are you on, Woman?

2012-11-13 03:16

And this is exactly why the other aliens won't talk to you humans...

Sometimes I wonder why Prime sent us to protect morons like you. >.>

#54 Re: Oh for the love of god...

2012-11-13 03:20

#51: Mom in the US - Oh for the love of god...

All of my respect goes to this lady.

Primus

#55 Re: To Further Your Argument

2012-11-13 03:29

Strong Independent Black Woman Who Don't Need No Man

2012-11-13 03:36

With you calling out all this scrap, I'd say you're the one who's racist and offensive.
Blue Waffles. Google it lady.

#57 Coke in one serious drug

2012-11-13 03:39

I have no idea what kind of drugs you're on lady, but I say you should get your brain checked...Or what's left of it.

BTW; every Transformers fan on the planet hates you as of now.
t(-_-t)

#58 WFT woman?

2012-11-13 03:56

Transformers is a story about alien robots at freaking CIVIL WAR. Don't like it, have your kid watch Rescue Bots, it's direted to young kids and not based on the war story. But assuming you've read the safety labels on that Thundercracker toy (which I own,too) i'm assuminng your kid is 7 & up. If your kid goes to schol, private or not, more than likely they've learned about our civil wars. Don't like that? Give your house to the homeless and go live in a country where there is no education.

Deal with it. t(-_-t)
A person

2012-11-13 21:24

ok, I think your paranoid.
Let's see:
Acid Storm- rain with a lot of acidic stuff is called acid rain. Rain is in storms, hence the name Acid Storm.
Roadblock- seriously? It's when you block a road.
And Thundercracker isn't racist.
I don't know, maybe you have PPD or something like that.
Either way, you're REALLY overreacting.
Shaniqua

#60 u disrespect mah grandaddy

2012-11-13 23:59

We are not Hasbro. We are the 20+ million fans of Transformers. do your homework. Seriously, this is the year 2012, not 1975. I'm black and I say your petition and claims are pure racists. The Transformers franchise and the name Thundercracker, is NOT referring to us black folk. It refers to the sonic boom a fighter jet breaks the sound barrier. It was coined by Air Force men and woman in the late 1960's when supersonic jets were just being invinted. If you have a problem with that, then you are disrespecting great, granddad and all the men and women who fought and died in the Vietnam and Korean wars as the pilots who coined this phrase. THAT there is absolutely rude. Go back to church, ask for forgiveness and take down this petition. For my grandaddy, WHO WAS BLACK, TOO, LIKE ME!

Thunder = the sound of thunder, which is what a sonic boom sounds like

Cracker = a loud snap sound and/or a thin crisp bread-like wafer, thing.

Do. Yo. Homework!

Lithium

#61 Re:

2012-11-14 00:23

#5: Ryuk -

Urrr... Kup originated from the 1980's series... long before 2girls1cup...

Autobot Shadow Stalker

#62 Woman, Get a Fragging Grip on Reality

2012-11-14 01:22

Primus, so many things I could say to a fleshling such as yourself...
One: We come from Cybertron. Are designations we wear with dignity, and have no bonds to your cultures.
Two: Our names aren't racial, sexist, or anything. Your perverted and twisted little brain twists our names to make them that way.
Three: I hope you're just one of those "Internet trolls" the humans tell me about. If not, I simply lost almost all my respect for your race. Get a fragging life.
Four: Why not ban harmful things, such as people like yourself who twist everything into the exact opposite of their meanings?
Sane Person

#63 Silly Person with Free Time

2012-11-23 10:15

Lady, we're fans. And you should do better research or better yet, do something that would help the children better.
No one's that stupid, lady

#64 Re: Silly Person with Free Time

2012-11-24 14:59

#63: Sane Person - Silly Person with Free Time

No no no no. That lady should leave "helping" kids alone, forever. People like her just make the youngest ones fucking retarded.

Prowl

#65 And I thought the twins were just twisting my servos...

2012-11-26 04:37

Ma'am, I think you've blown this way out of proportion. We Cybertronians have been in existence for longer than your planet Earth has been alive, and as so could not have possibly been named after slurs from your human culture, derogatory or not. Our designations are not meant to offend or belittle any one person or group, but if you seem so set on interpreting them that way then I am not one to stop you from extrapolating from evidence that doesn't exist. Might I suggest actually meeting one of the mechs you seem so determined to stereotype? Perhaps Blackout or even Thundercracker himself? I'm sure your opinion on the matter would change dramatically once you actually meet them face to face. Or face to cannon blaster.
Unicron

#66 Can I eat this planet now?

2012-11-27 04:26

No seriously, you humans are the cancerous stupidity of the universe. And I'm hungry.
Unicron

2012-11-27 05:14

No, I'm serious.

I'm hungry. ;-;
JetfireWeasley

2012-11-28 18:54

I think she must be a troll. Either that or completely and utterly glitched in the processor seeing as she has BLATANTLY COPIED ideas given in the last lot of comments.
Megatron

#69 I think I might have made a tactical error.

2012-11-29 04:33

Is this planet even worth conquering anymore? ;-; Seriously, why does Prime still defend you fleshlings?

Choose a nickname

#70 Seriously?

2012-12-01 16:49

...and this is why racism is still alive and well. Idiots like you like to see it in every little thing that obviously has nothing to even do with being racist. Before you start "protesting" something, do some actual research into the names and the characters that use said names. THAT is one of the reasons you are being "flooded and spammed...with indecent entries to mock [your] efforts." That and you're really just an idiot trying to get some attention. Seriously.
Prowl

2012-12-03 15:20

This is highly illogical.
Autobot Shadow Stalker

#72 Agreed with Prowler

2012-12-04 22:58

I agree, Prowler. I agree.

2012-12-06 04:44

Okay, this is absolutely STUPID.

Lady, I really hope you know that Hasbro is a company that sells products that are mainly dedicated to Children. So I don't think they would purposely give a character/product a name that is offensive. That wouldn't be a very good example for the kiddies if they did, now would it?

Maybe you should try making a good example for your kids, LET THEM GET THEIR TOYS. Let them have fun.
Neko-Chan700

2012-12-09 00:45

Lady, I have been a fan of transformers ever since it first aired back in 1984. How about you check out tfwiki.net and see for yourself. You could even sit down and watch it with your child. The original Transformers show characters were chosen to show that weapons and war machines were evil by having them all as bad guys. That still holds true today. The good guys are all civilian vehicles while the bad guys are all war machines, armored vans, evil spiders, and street racing cars. From what I can see, you just looked up some of the characters, but didn't look up anything about the show. If you look more into the show and each character and you still felt like they were offensive names, you would be taken more seriously. If you walk in to a Hasbo office not knowing anything about the show or the characters personalities/abilities and how they are what inspired their names, you would just have security called on you, and you might get a stay in prison. This show has been around for 28 years and I have never heard of someone freaking out about the character's names before you. So, may I suggest you calm down and look more into the show. Who knows, you just might realize why your son likes it.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2012-12-09 02:01