Petition to Allow Wausau West Master Singers to Sing

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition to Allow Wausau West Master Singers to Sing.

2013-10-07 23:46

The best way to spread christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.

2013-10-08 00:29

I fully support this petition. The Wausau School District needs to get a new attorney

2013-10-08 00:30

Good Luck Guys!
We CAN Defeat The School District!
Remember to forward the link to friends and family!

2013-10-08 00:43

This is the reason our country is going down the tubes so fast.. Wausau West High has and always will be a top notch , well rounded school and Choir. What a shame certain people think they should dictate the kind of music one should sing and listen too.
Sherlock

#105 Re:

2013-10-08 00:56

#19: - We know its you Isaac haha

2013-10-08 01:18

I'm not happy to see American traditions be squashed by people thinking they are doing the "right" thing. I say we gather at the concerts and sing Christmas songs over the top of these choirs. So sad for the kids!

#107 Re:

2013-10-08 02:39

#24: -

Agreed! Jesus is the reason for the season. If someone doesn't want to hear Christmas songs about God, then they can stay home from the concert. Like someone else said, "We shall not discriminate anyone based on religion"...This all sounds like discrimination. I cannot believe it is coming down to this. Let them sing, let them praise the Lord, for it is his birthday!

Jessi Bateman

2013-10-08 03:27

I think everyone should have the right to sing songs in their Christmas concert that aren't just about talking snowmen. Coral music is a lot about religion, choir is an option is school, if parents have a problem with what the choir is singing, then they can drop out. Don't make everyone else suffer. Like a man recently said, "I'm Christian, so why are you shoving atheism down my throat?"

Dr. Paul S. Lewis

2013-10-08 04:38

I vehemently object to the school district's oppressive attitude toward traditional music with religious references. I'm also offended by the shocking lack of confidence they have shown in Mr. Buch's professional judgement. He is an outstanding educator and a wonderful role model for our children and does not deserve such disrespectful treatment.

#110 Re:

2013-10-08 14:13

#19: -  

Bitter? Sounds like you didn't make the cut and are blaming Mr. Buch. As with any competition, there will be some people that just don't make it, one of lifes hard lessons, deal with it. Mr. Buch has done an outstanding job for many years. I have listened to the Master Singers many times and they are absolutely amazing. I think all of us know the content of the Master Singers performance and if the music offended you, you shouldn't have tried anyway. Shame on you for putting the blame where it doesn't belong.

2013-10-08 15:45

As a proud parent of two Wausau West graduates who had their appreciation for the musical arts greatly enhanced through their participation in the West music program I will do all that I can to reverse this misguided directive to limit the musical choices. As the petition makes clear, this is censorship at its worst. We must not allow this decision to stand.

2013-10-08 17:35

Enough.

#113 Not enough support! Flood the administrations office/

2013-10-08 19:11

**112??Enough? Enough of the WSD administration making decisions for everyone the taxpayers. Enough of trying to get it back? No way! Wausau needs to hear more! Make yourself clear.

2013-10-08 21:09

COME ON SCHOOL BOARD, I'M SURE THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS ON YOUR DESKS THAN TAKING AWAY HOLIDAY CONCERTS FROM CHILDREN. HAVEN'T YOU TAKEN ENOUGH AWAY FROM THEM OVER THE YEARS. THIS IS OUT RIGHT RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

2013-10-08 21:47

We tolerated no more praying in class any more, but no religious song during Christmas? What a complete and utter disgrace this idea is, whom ever is pushing to follow through with this act should and will be fired if we the parents have anything to do with it. Unemployment is still at an all time high, good luck finding any other meaningful employment any time in the near future. I'm sure your mortgage company will be happy to work with you after your unemployment runs out.

#116 Re:

2013-10-08 21:56

#36: -

Well said, I appreciate your elequence it is a gift, I have the gift of boldness and issued a simple yet hopefully effective threat of retaliation by requesting the resignation of those involved.

For the sake of political correctedness it seems our basic rights are being stripped from our culture and herritage (and they wonder why there is so much crime......... repression is not the way.

2013-10-09 00:36

The values in many of those Christmas songs should be heard. If the only time our children can learn that the world is much bigger than themselves and comes together for one holiday, let the songs be sung!

2013-10-09 12:05

Music is an art form which should never be censored.

2013-10-09 13:53

thankfuly we have on line petitions.This is an outrage and I will help support the West ,master singers in any way I can!

2013-10-09 14:50

Williams needs to re-sign or be fired.

2013-10-09 15:06

School board should be ashamed of themselves.
Soon we will have no God or Country -- and cave into the Minority. Get some guts and do what is right! AMEN.

2013-10-09 15:38

No one is REQUIRED to go to a Christmas pageant or play, or required to sing. Those that do not want to go, or do not want to participate should not have to. To violate the rights of the many, in favor of a couple of naysayers is wrong, wrong, wrong. MERRY CHRISTMAS, and I do mean CHRISTMAS to all.

2013-10-09 15:41

Two classic blunders...First, policy making based on the interests of the few/minority and second, the "ole switcheroo"....a sign of the times and a tactic mastered by our leader in the White House. Let's get everyone excited over this topic and maybe they won't notice the weakened curriculum (Have you noticed some of the classes offered? Any idea why the alternative shcools are so popular?), the lower national rankings of our pubic school systems, the financial issues (as they pass out laptops and I-pads), or the fancy "scheduling" of teachers' schedules to reduce their hours worked in response to Walker's legislation.

This is wrong. I agree with other posters, this is contrary to the majority, removes an important part of history from education and the CHRISTMAS holiday and, just plain stinks for the kids. Work on the REAL issues with the public school system!

2013-10-09 15:53

I've lived in Wausau since 1967 and I cannot believe this is happening in our local school system. What has been a part of our school for generations should continue. If someone doesn't like it, then leave!

2013-10-09 17:06

Let Master Singers Sing the songs THEY agree on.