Say no to stalybridge mosque

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to stalybridge mosque.

2013-10-22 10:05

if this is likley to happen then we need to hold back paying our council tax

2013-10-22 10:14

Why on earth have they even granted permission for this to go ahead?? It is going to bring trouble to the quiet town and cause unnecessary traffic.

2013-10-22 10:25

I think we should open it for a food bank. for starving Brits!

2013-10-22 10:34

Planning went unnoticed as they didn't use the link from actual owners instead they chose to use tamesides it's a community centre pitch
ttp://www.understanding-islam.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1009&Itemid=629
That's what the guy building mosque has put up and this is Tameside councils

http://plandocs.tameside.gov.uk/forms/plandocs.asp?caseno=13/00794/FUL

2013-10-22 11:21

Stalybridge has a population of around 24,000 at least 3% of them appear to be racist......scary.I hope these people don't hold any important positions or have any influence over anything that is remotely important.

2013-10-22 11:47

nope.

2013-10-22 11:55

Whys it racist ? When we don't a mosque !
Muslims are early racists as we wouldn't b allowed a church in 99.9% Muslim countries and it's not about race it's about a community sticking together
This petition has only been up 24 hours so these 24,000 people you are talking about are also just like myself have only just heard about it or still are yet to hear and I'm pretty sure when they know it will be 3% that haven't signed it!

2013-10-22 12:06

the comments saying that Mosques are a breeding ground for the Jihad are racist. If you don't want a Mosque because 'it brings trouble' you're racist. If you have offended anyone with a comment you have made then you are racist.

If you're insistent that you're not racist but unable to see why people may think you're racist then you're also ignorant.

Saying people whip out the bullying word too easily its outrageous when comments such as 'I just hope it brings genuine muslims and not those who preach hate' are clearly present in this petition. Some people on here for genuine reasons such as congestion but less than those who are just full of ignorant hate.

#109 Re:

2013-10-22 13:00

#108: -  

My thoughts exactly. If people oppose the building of a Mosque/community centre for the reasons of congestion etc then fine but how anybody can read any of these posts and say that they are in no way racist or full of religious discrimination is totally beyond me. If you can read comments which state that a place of worship only exists to breed terrorists and that people celebrating their own beliefs brings nothing but trouble and genuinely think that is the comment of a multi cultural accepting person then you need some serious education. It also amazes me that some of the people saying they are not racist can actually quote from the Qu'ran - not exaclty something that poeple can do off the top of their head unless they are used to expressing such views.

Plus to those who say that the multi faith centre will not accept people of any religion I doubt this is the case as I encountered a number of white British people in a previous job who had been helped by the Mosques already in existence in Tameside. Those who believe that this is not true are merely ignorant of the practices of non extremist Muslims.

2013-10-22 13:05

This is not a facility that is of any benefit to the local community!

2013-10-22 13:07

Interested to know how the people living in Glossop,Hyde and Dukinfield who have signed are affected by the possible noise and traffic problems!! Also 720 people have signed but from only 544 locations seems like some houses are rather overcrowded.
say no

#112 Mosque

2013-10-22 13:12

Why have one in Stalybridge when there are PLENTY in surrounding areas, Most of Stalybridge wont want to 'understand islam' more than likely just like muslims will not want to understand any other religion or any other ways non muslims live

2013-10-22 14:10

Although I personally dont want a mosque in stalybridge there is 100% still going to be one. we signed plenty off petitions when the one in hyde and ashton was built never stopped anything.
Wolfie

2013-10-22 14:18

This petition is a disgrace and the bigots who are signing it ought to be ashamed of themselves. We are british and we are tolerant. Shame on you.

#115 Re:

2013-10-22 14:32

#111: -

Got a funny feeling all the below are the same person. Would surprise me if people were trying to swing a petition. If this wasn't an anonymous tool I'm pretty sure people would be alot more conservative in their view.

Oct 21, 2013, 13:31

This can not happen!

Oct 21, 2013, 15:49

Oct 21, 2013, 16:00

I dont agree with this mosque yhat wants to be built right near my home.

Oct 21, 2013, 16:06

I disagree with the misque wanting to be built I live round the corner from it.

Oct 21, 2013, 16:07

I live round the corner of the place and dont agree with it.

Oct 21, 2013, 16:08

Do not agree with this

Oct 21, 2013, 16:18

I disagree with the misque wanting to be built I live round the corner

Oct 21, 2013, 16:28

I just simply dont agree with it.

2013-10-22 14:40

The comment being made here saying about jihad and terrorism! are you actually joking, nearly all Muslim countries as you call it have a church! Fact!! Half of the people signing this are purely doing it because it a mosque that being built, if they said building a church in stalybridge there would be no problem!! and you say you are not racist!! What a joke!!
michael

#117 Re:

2013-10-22 14:53

#65: -

There is actualy 4/5 mosques in ashton, ashton west end mosque, a mosque in the old pub near the ikea next to holy trinity school , the ashton central mega mosque and another mosque behind the methodist church on cranbourne road and a prayer room in a house on oldham road.

#118 too many mosques !!!

2013-10-22 15:00

There is 4/5 mosques in ashton already, The ashton west end mosque (1), a mosque in the old pub near the ikea next to holy trinity school (2) , the ashton central mega mosque (3) and another mosque behind the methodist church on cranbourne road (4) and a prayer room in a house on oldham road (5). Hyde also has numerous mosques and Oldham is riddled with mosques on every corner. The Muslim population of Stalybridge in the 2011 census was under 1% at 0.9%. So why do they need a mosque for such a small percentage when ashton is 5 minutes away with 5 mosques which is way to many. The Muslim population of Ashton was over 12% in 2011 up from 7% in 2001 5 ashotn primary schools now have asian muslim majorites. Ashton is on its way to being another Oldham an Asian Muslim domniated zone. Before people shout racist they need to look at the figures british people are becoming a minority in many areas as asian muslims move in do you approve of wipeing out native populations ?? because this is not fiction it is fact so read up on it !!!, british people move out and muslims high fertility rates and in migration of family members from abroad soon transforms the areaand you get majority muslim areas.

2013-10-22 15:09

That's absolute rubbish! Can you please provide statistics for all races living in Ashton over the 15 year time period you site above? You can't isolate a statistic and then use it as back up for ill informed views. Look around you - Ashton is a multi cultural mix of many different races. Can I please also point out that not everyone you see and presume is necessarily Muslim.

Muslim high fertility rates doesn't make sense.

There will be places in this country that have majority poplulations of all races - it's what makes Britain great.

#120 Re:

2013-10-22 15:12

#119: -

Totally agree with you !!! Well said! Just some small minded people in the world!!

2013-10-22 15:15

It's well-known that mosques eat people. If you don't want your loved ones eaten then please sign this petition. However, if you have a brain and a life, you'll no doubt just let people carry on living their lives in peace!

2013-10-22 15:19

This petition has clearly been designed for people against the mosque !
If your for it do your own petition getting people of stalybridge to sign it.
Faye

#123 Re: Re:

2013-10-22 15:30

#115: - Re:

It was actually myself that put 'I just simply don't agree with it'. However none of the previous comments were made by myself. The website never gave me an option for where to put my name when making a comment as I signed this petition off my phone.

The reason I put I simply don't agree with it was because i didn't have the time to state all my comments, however if you are going to make an assumption as clearly stated above then for your interest please find my reasoning below.

1. The congestion in the area is already ridiculous, there is no need to make this any worse.

2. The planning for a disabled community centre was rejected, if people in there own area can't have a community centre why accomodate for others when this is clearly a minority as it is as there is not a large muslim community in Stalybridge.

3. There are plenty of Mosques and places of worship in the surrounding areas of Tameside i really don't see the need for anymore.

4. This has already been confirmed that this will have a negative effect on the house prices in the local area, why put this sort of pressure on local people when they are already struggling to sell their homes?

5. I don't agree with anything being built in this area whether it being a libraby, mosque, community centre etc. As previously stated in point 1 the traffic in this area is already dreadful at certain points in the day.

6. I myself am far from racist however I can only assume that this is just going to bring trouble to the neighbour hood which to be honest I don't think is necessary.

2013-10-22 16:23

One more Mosque to meany. in a Christian Town
stop it now before it is to late

2013-10-22 16:33

2030 we'll be required to cover our shoulders whilst out in public and schools will be asking girls to cover the hair incase the offend other children