SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2016-04-02 17:03

I have never been to a garden center that offers so much in one place. It actively promotes local produce and services, it employees a significant amount of local people which I thought local Council's were trying to encourage. It will be shambolic and an utter disgrace if this were to ever happen.

2016-04-09 17:27

I love this place abd so does my daughter, would be a shame if this was to close

2016-04-09 18:22

HHS enjoys an almost symbiotic relationship with the neighbouring villages and towns of Hare Hatch, Winkfield, Twyford, Reading, Maidenhead and many other locations. The loss of this place would be devastating.

2016-04-11 11:41

I use Sheeplands garden centre always forn plants and gardening goods and do not want to see it closing. My wife and I win nearly every year an award for our front garden thanks to the plants bought from Sheeplands. So keep it open!

2016-04-28 15:14

Wokingham council has tried to close Sheep lands for about five years now and is still continuing without a conclusion so will be never ending
so will drag on further year after year. I really hope that there can be an amicable agreement between both parties eventually somehow someday this year Good Luck in your future meetings A Friend of Sheep lands!!!!

2016-04-29 09:22

Wokingham Borough Council's attitude to residents !

2016-04-29 20:29

This is a friendly smaller business compared with the likes of Wyvale and is a necessary competitor, plants are cared for and staff are knowledgable.
Surely a compromise can be found where the expansion area is offset with native planting and managing an additional agreeable area that would benefit the environment and diversity of the area!

2016-04-30 17:26

This garden centre is worth fighting over. Why are WBC trying to ruin the publics enjoyment and ruin the staffs lives by taking away their livelihood.
ian

2016-04-30 20:22

Approximately 6 years ago i use to bring a mini bus with older folk. They loved coming in and getting bits and pieces, having tea and cake. Although  im not a volunteer driver for them now my wife and I are still regulars. The staff are brilliant always a smiling face and a happy  attitude  to life. This business must not be allowed to close. Shame on you WBC

2016-04-30 21:12

I'm a regular visitor to Sheeplands, and would be very disappointed were they to be forced to revert back to minimal services. It would be a huge loss to Twyford and the surrounding area.

2016-05-01 16:26

Unbelievable that the local council is trying to shut this down, undoubtedly the best Nursery in the Rwading district, guess it is very Political with the bigger Nationwide Nurseries, such a shame. Glad I do not live in the Wokingham District, as the Council seem to be very biased.

2016-05-01 18:41

To help save a wonder business, friendly, offering local produce, much used by us and many friends, sheeplands if truly an outstanding business that deserves to continue trading as it currently does.

2016-05-01 19:33

Sheeplands is a wonderful business.  I am always greeted by a smile and welcome and they have so much to offer - the farm shop, nursery, cafe, play area, animals etc.  My two year old loves it too so HHS has also been a great place to go to amuse him for an hour or two and his Granny loves taking him for a visit too!  

Shame on Wokingham Council - they talk alot about supporting local businesses but all words, no support.  This business is great for the local community, supports local charities and has the backing of locals.  Please keep it open!

2016-05-02 11:48

Because I love Sheeplands .. It's friendly not swanky,plants are good quality and can see by number of visitors it's very popular we drive over from Farnborough to visit .
Why do they want to shut it down? More Houses?
Greed?
Really hope this will be reversed
Pat and Eric Markham

2016-05-03 17:06

I simply don't understand why Wokingham Borough Councillors are going against the wishes of so many of the people they are supposed to represent unless there is a hidden agenda. Why would that not surprise me? Hare Hatch Sheeplands is a friendly, useful and very popular resource as evidenced by the number of signatories to the petition. It provides employment and sells local produce. WBC is not paying any attention to the wishes of its population in this outer part of the borough but that's nothing new either. The Council's behaviour smacks of a determination to get its way at any cost and for what? Shame on it.

2016-05-09 17:48

Just seen what's happening on TV.What is the local authority thinking off?

2016-05-09 17:48

hi i think it so so petty. in this day when TESCO ECT can open selling any thing 24 hrs. a day.plus the fact the poeple they employ. total madness from poeple that are soposed to look out for our affires. yours iain a.good luck.

2016-05-09 17:51

Beaurocracy gone mad. We must allow small enterprise to grow, or the Country will stagnate.

2016-05-09 17:52

Because this is a family run business NOT a chain aka Vyevale that provides quality plants and all things a garden centre sell giving the local community a boost. Please Wokingham Borough Council sit down and work this out to save this wonderful Hare Hatch Sheeplands that we all love.

2016-05-09 21:54

I would like to see the centre stay open

2016-05-10 08:01

Bureaucracy gone mad. Otherwise known as sheer pig headed-ness.

2016-05-10 13:15

We need places like this, it is immoral to close it down.

2016-05-10 17:07

I have shopped there and eaten in the restaurant on my birthday and consider the business an asset to the community

2016-05-12 18:56

Why are w.okingham council against the best Indi garden centre anywhere,proven by the thousands of customers that love the place.

What harm is it doing, I thought Wokingham was in conservative control, it's more like Nazi control, totally against private enterprise ?

2016-05-12 19:14

We like Hare Hatch Sheeplands, it seems to be in an ideal spot and has everything one could wish for in a garden centre. We would miss it very much!