Change Our countries (Somaliland) name to.....

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Change Our countries (Somaliland) name to......

2013-11-19 16:34

Well is TRUE Isaaq had long history and majority of the land belong to Isaaq and our language was Arabic during the England colony, and we ( Isaaq) are the only tribe that refused the use or the written of Somali language in 1800s , and if we can't call it Isaaq republic we should find alternative name to the land because currently Somaliland as name does not make any senses , is just like England and Englandland

2013-11-19 23:03

Totally agree the name Somali Land?? Is a ridiculous name for a country that wants to be separate from somalia. Lets change it ASAP.

2013-11-20 19:15

Yep I totally agree. it really is a no brainer.
Ali

#4 Name

2013-11-25 19:35

State Of ADAL

2013-11-26 13:40

Please there is no need to change the name to Isaq, think about other names first.
Ahmed

#6 HELL YEAH

2013-11-27 01:57

Hell Yeah! The name should've been changed LONG time ago.
Guled

2013-11-29 01:36

Definitely we should have done this long time ago. The name should have never been somali-land in the first place. I like the name Berbera. Because in ancient times our land was known as the land of the Berbers. Arabic is a beautiful language as well. As many people might know. Our written language was in Arabic as well before siad barre changed it and invented his own literature. So the question is why are we still using a literature that was invented by a guy that hated us? Why don't we just go back to having Arabic as our writing and our national language?

I vote for Berbera been our new countries name.

2016-10-01 12:29

We need to change the name of Somaliand it means land of somalia and there is no difference between name somalia and somalI land talking about Somaliland people think you talking about somalia
Abdiaziz Mahmud

2017-06-19 16:36

A friend of mine in Facebook suggested we should change it to Horn of Africa which is obviously a great name, though I think it may need the acceptance of the other nations in the region which itself sounds like seeking another recognition, Or we may name it after Golis mountains. 

Regarding the official language, I don't think it's a wise idea to change. Arabic is not widely spoken neither the English and to some extent, English nowadays use in government communications and materials so there's no way we can change it to Arabic and any other language.