Save Mount Taranaki

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Mount Taranaki.

2014-01-09 08:07

The dangers of Fracking has caused huge problems here in Australia and I'm also following the health problems it created in Canada. Our water supplies are precious stop playing God with people lives.

2014-01-09 08:10

I do not support the extraction or prospecting for fossil fuels and other minerals fro Mt Taranaki or in any other locations in NZ. Regarding fossil fuels, I want to NZ to use renewable energy sources, and regarding mineral prospecting or extraction, I do not support this on Mt Taranaki or anywhere else because the impact on our flora and fauna is intolerable and unsustainable. I urge our governments to listen to tangata whenua and leave Mt Taranaki undisturbed
Tree hugger

2014-01-09 08:35

Oil is old energy, renewables is the new energy, get with it.

2014-01-09 10:21

waihotia te maunga,you have a lot of maori n pakeha to deal with at the end of the day,go back where you come from and let it be.

2014-01-09 10:23

My Mum was born here! Grew up here, and dreamed of this place and spoke about it often. She wanted to go back here. An enduring symbol of clean green New Zealand. It must be kept that way.
Bluewater111164

2014-01-09 10:49

it would be a total disaster to allow fracking on the slopes of Mt Taranaki, it is one of the regions jewels of pristine National Parks, with a fragile alpine eco system totally surrounded by farming right up to its borders on all but approx 40% of its circumference. The natural streams and rivers that flow off the mountain are crystal clean....it would be a terrible loss and a great shame to New Zealand Govt and its people to allow a few money hungry oil companies get there way for a short term gain in $ and destroy something as pristine as the Nat Park which is eons old...and has stood untouched since the dawn of time...THATS WHY ITS A NATIONAL PARK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!