Signature Campaign: Protest the Attack against Carlos the Jackal

Turkish People
The author of this petition

/ #14 SACRED WRITINGS AND PLACES ARE NOT TARGETS

2011-02-19 04:41

I read some news that a synagogue in Kyrgyzstan's capital city Bishkek had been attacked. As I said before, synagogues, churches and all mosques are “sacred” places. We don’t have permisson to attack these places unless they are used as enemy bases. For example, remember those synagogues attacked in Istanbul which were used as bases by MOSSAD, these were not attacked for their being synagogues but for their being “MOSSAD base”. I don’t know the usage purpose of the synagogue in Bishkek, but the attack on sacred sites just used for prayers can never be approved. Furthermore, attacks on synagogues used for prayers is just a gift for Zionist movement. Because they use such kind of attacks as an excuse, and can persuade the public opinion about the fact that the Jewish need a secure place, in this case, which is Israel. I hope what I mean is understood.

I will end up after I say something about a recent event. An Evangelical pastor in Florida, Terry Jones had declared that he would burn a Koran with his own group today (September 11, 2010) with the aim of protesting the construction of a mosque in Manhattan, near Twin Towers which had been hit on September 11th years ago. Then they gave up.

We shouldn’t forget that, the Books and sacred writings of every religion have to be respected only for the reason that there are believers although we don't believe in their authenticity. You can criticize them in an approriate way, but you can’t humiliate or disregard them.

Therefore, we have to avoid providing excuses for imperialists or zionists who play games on it. These can be sacred books, sacred writings or sacred sites; it is not true to attack things that are used for religious purposes. As you see, even that fool pastor got afraid and they made him give up his idea as they saw what kind of consequences they would face. It is crucial to be careful about these things. I hope you can understand my intention.