Patras - London flights

ChristosL

/ #24

2013-09-26 21:47

I'd love to see this happen. This summer I flew in from Paphos and my experience in Araxos was fantastic, everything was done quickly and I was out of the airport at the most 10 min after my flight arrived. Coming from the US to my hometown is a hassle now, but a connection through the UK would make it a lot easier. My inlaws who are from Kefalonia have to take 4 flights to get there, but if they can fly to Araxos, the port of Kilini is very close for them to take the ferry to Poros.
Lots of tourist attractions will see more crowds, such as Olympia, Delphi, the center of Patras with the carnival and the shopping possibilities, Nafpaktos, as well as the nearby Ionian islands. With the new connection of Patras to Ioannina, I'm sure some traffic will be directed through the Araxos airport, since Ioannina will be only a two hour drive soon. Finally, Patras having a major port with connections to Italy will attract some of the back-packers traffic especially if the tickets are cheaper than other cities. The same holds for tourists wanting to visit the rest of Greece, since with the Rio bridge and the upcoming highway and train infrastructure will allow tourists to actually see the many beautiful "corners" of Greece that are missing from any tourist guide; this will enhance their overall experience and make them come again because there's clearly more to see. Thanks for this petition and good luck!