Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (Amcu)

/ #24

2014-03-28 14:00

I understand that people need to fight in life what they desire to have, but in my opinion, always compare your pro's and con's. Drastic actions, like killing someone or someone's husband, father, grandfather to make a point is plain barbaric. Tomorrow all of this is over, but those people will still be missing their loved ones. We live in a country where human rights are supposedly enforced, ....yeah right! Just like you have a right to refuse to go to work, another person has the right to choose not to strike. You want your rights to be respected, same goes for other people. Thank you MR PRESIDENT....YOU ALLOWED THE STRIKE TO BE FAIR TO THOSE WHO NEEDED TO GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS, BUT DON'T YOU THINK IT IS TIME TO DECLARE THIS STRIKE ILLEGAL? If you as an employee genuinely feel that you are worth more than the pay you receive, surely there must be an employer that sees your potential the way you feel. So many people in this country is unemployed and wish that they could only have a job, and here you are, getting paid, getting housing allowances, medical and other perks.....Today a basic medical aid alone cost anything between R2000.00 and R4500.00 for a family of 4 ppl....not to mention housing....be thankful! This strike is affecting the economy in the worst way possible. Don't stand on the corner, crying for a job or asking me (because you might be the reason that my place of employment had to close down) for free meals. At least the mines now only refuse the high demands, but once the mines are totally closed, they wont even be able to offer you any job at all. You are indirectly affecting everybody. My employer, my family, it even might be your own family that also lose their employment because of your strike. Congratulations, now both you and your household is with out an income. Vicious snowball effect!