WE ARE THE VOICE OF TYSON…THE VOICE TO SHARE HIS STORY AND DEMAND CHANGE…THIS IS TYSON’S FINAL JOURN

Jennifer Akes

/ #12 Tyson and our loss

2010-09-15 00:09

Tyson was murdered in the back of a animal control van because they felt he had Parvo.  Although no test had been done to prove that the animal in question was ill prior to being put to sleep forever.  His owners and freinds looked for him, including posters, door to door, and roaming the neighborhoods in which they believed he may be found.  They repeatedly called animal control and even shared photos of the dog in question, directly to the man who picked him up.  Since he was a "Pit Bull" type of dog they felt he was unimportant.  He was important to anyone he had crossed paths with.  He never acted aggressively, although he was ill and required medicine.  He was simply a "Pit", referred to as one of those "BREED" dogs by animal control.  I am aware that animal control is flooded with animals and that it is not difficult to lose track of one dog when dealing with so many.  But only due to the perserverance of his owners was his fate finally found out.  This cannot be tolerated.  If my own personal pet was picked up by animal control I would like to think she would be returned to her home.  This is unforgiveable and needs to be punished.  How would you feel had this been your pet?