Getting Emily to America

/ #16 Re:

2011-12-13 23:45

#13: Guest -

So you think that it is right that an 11 year old child should be put into care because her mother has passed and because of rules and regulations that prevent family members from adopting their neice! This is a messed up world when people can not see that this is an awful situation that is not being helped by UK/USA regulations!!

Sara and Ian are HARD working people who will raise Emily to be even more inspriational, strong and caring than the young lady she is now! I met emily weeks after her mother passed away and I can honestly say that to this day she is still the strongest person I have EVER met in my life!

Think about what you have just written! now think about if you had a neice that was in the same situation that this family are in. Imagine the fear, the sadness the sense of rejection that poor Emily is feeling right now! All she needs is a loving, permanent family to help fill a hole in her heart. Emily has no home, no mum.... she needs her family. This is so wrong!

This needs to be fixed NOW!! no child should have to go through this! I understand that countries have immigration laws but for goodness sake..... let Emily have a home!!