Keep Historical Archives Assistant Position

Deb Bickford

/ #24 Re:

2010-12-11 20:28

#13: Barbara Iaria -  

Did you send an email to the County Commish?  I've done the editing for you, so you can copy and paste what's below:

PLEASE!!! Do not do this. The History and Archives is such an important place for anyone that loves history and family. Earleen has ALWAYS been such a great source of knowledge and help that I don't know what I would do without her. Every year for the past 5 years I have spent numerous hours at the History and Archives in Montgomery County and others, looking for my heritage.  ( I travel from Vermont.) I have always been able to count on Earleen, she is such an asset to this position. She loves this position and it shows through in every thing and everyone she helps. I am also worried about all the history they have there.  Who would see that it is being taken care of? I already know that in some of these types of places where the employees don't care information has been LOST and this is unacceptable. Our history whether it is a family history or not, is too valuable to be lost. PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS ACTION !!!! AND KEEP EARLEEN!!
Love you sis!