VALERIE'S LAW

Quoted post

truth

2011-03-28 08:15

Drug dealers profit, but the its all an exchange of good and services. Im IN law enforcement and all i can say is BOTH are wrong in this case. Drug dealers are selfish AND drug users are just as selfish. You say that the money drug dealers make is untaxed, but WHO is putting that money into their pockets instead of using it to stimulate the economy? The user!!! EVERYONE should be held accountable!! And to make it technical, if thats the case, the friends and family who watched it happen, or knew about the crap a person was doing all along should be held accountable too. People who stand and watch and do nothing about it are just as guilty. Im not taking sides....all im saying is you are using a scenario about a girl who knew exactly what she was doing. I could see if it was a young teen girl, but we are talking about a grown woman here. A woman who has been around the block, worked in bars...(i worked in a strip joint with her a while back)...seen what drugs do, seen what alcohol can do, seen how men can treat a woman....but yet, WILLINGLY ingested a substance. I apologize if im offending you due to your loss, but I see it from both sides. You are playing the POOR her card waaaay too mauch in this situation.

Replies

#28 Re:

2011-04-21 03:11:26

#4: truth -

I don't understand why ANYONE would think that guy should not be charged with her death. YES, she took the drug, and she paid for it with her life! Why should he be allowed to walk the streets contributing to another persons death????

#36 Re:

2011-05-07 09:33:47

I disagree with you saying friends and family should also be held accountable. My family did everything humanly possible to help my daughter try to get clean, spent countless amounts of money, many sleepless nights, rehabs numerous times at no one elses expense except our own. Families of drug addicts never give up hope that they will be able to save the drug addict.  The drug dealer should be judged just as everyone is judging the addict. No one has the right to judge until you have walked in the family of a drug addict. I WISH THAT ON NO ONE.

#81 Re: Valerie

2012-02-05 07:02:52

I don't believe that this petition in any way is play the poor her card - yes she was an adult but she didn't deserve to be driven around in the trunk of a car for a week after she died and then dumped out on a road --- justice has not been served -- the dealer, the one that dumped her body, quite likely loaded that needle for her - she thought he was her friend - yes it was her choice to take it - and the outcome cost her life but no one there - not one called 911 to try and get her help -- that's the tragedy - dealers need greater punishment -- they need a mother's rage -

Jess

#106 Re:

2012-09-27 02:17:33

well put couldn't say it better