VALERIE'S LAW

Quoted post

#6 Petition

2011-03-29 17:58

It does not matter who did it, how it happened,or who it happened to at this point. I knew Valerie and she will be greatly missed and this is very tragic. The point is though that it will happen again. Although she may have known or not known what could happen and what these drugs do there may be a chance to save a child or other young woman from doing this the next time. I have lost two people I have known in the past year to heroin related instances. It is just a fact that punishments need to be harder to make it harder for people to obtain these drugs and to sell these drugs. The truth is sellers know what this stuff does and they don't do it. I believe sellers are selfish and anyone who does the drugs are foolish. It does not mean they deserve to die and Valerie certainly did not deserve to be dumped. For the guy who said friends and family should be held accountable well sometimes they are and they try. Yet when your messing with a drug this strong sometimes it's just impossible to get through to the person because the addiction is so strong. When we think about all the children in the world and I think about my own child I want to know that if there was ever a person who tried to sell her drugs and she refused that he would be caught and end up with more than a little slap on the wrists. This stuff is like murder because once a person tries this once the addiction is so strong they can not stop. There whole life will be ruined. The dealer is taking away everything good about that person and reducing the quality of life and even killing them. It's hardly fair to compare this drug to fast food, or alcohol this drug has a much more powerful hold. We as people choose to eat that food or drink that beer we buy it ourselves we pick it up off the shelves. Yet with heroin someone convinces us to try it knowing in the end it will lead to destruction of our lives because their greed for quick money or laziness to pick up a job application and make an honest living. If this drug dealer is a father shame on him for being involved in something this horrible with children and this was his life decision and a bad one at that. He has no business selling this to other peoples children. How would he feel if one his drug partners tried to sell this to his daughter at the age now or when she was Valeries age. How would he feel if someone dumped his daughter face down and left her with no regard. He had to sit up for a month waiting to hear something and go through the tears and agony Valeries friends and family went through. Where was his family at when he was selling. Instead of Valeries family needing to tell her not to do it where was his telling him it was wrong to sell and have people do this. Dealers prey on these addicts and use them and they do not value their life. It's easier for a dealer to say I will not destroy one more persons life and turn them into this drug user Ive seen this before than an addict to stop. If the frugs not there to buy the addict can't do it. I wonder all the time how a dealer can live with themselves and how they feel what they are dong is okay. Valerie may have been a grown woman making her own decisions but at the end of the day she was someones child, someones lover, someones best friend, and the person who did this to her needs to pay his time and realize this could have been his own child. I bet he would feel very differently if the shoe was on the other foot. And excuse you mr were playing the poor her card too much but it is poor her. She is the one not with us while this monster is walking the streets. It is poor her she may have done the drugs but had she been taken to a hospital instead of a field she may have lived. Poor her because so many loved her. Poor her because I knew her and she did not have an easy journey in her life. and poor her because she will never have the chance to wake up in the hospital and realize what a mistake she made and have the chance to recover and walk away and start her life fresh and become a mother, a wife, a grandma, and do what every other person even this scum bag walking will get to do. SO YES POOR VALERIE!!!!!!!!

Replies

#29 Re: Petition

2011-04-21 03:19:16

#6: - Petition

I think this was said the best!

Val's Best Friend

#37 Re: Petition

2011-05-12 09:24:54

#6: - Petition

I don't know who wrote this. BUT I LOVE YOU! Must I point out that MANY people tried to help Val and tried to help her get HELP herself. Guess what... SHE WAS PLANNING ON GOING TO REHAB AT THE END OF THE MONTH!!!!!! She told me this herself! She was TRYING to get help!!!! However, she met up with a GROWN MAN who knew what he was doing, and in a vulnerable time she trusted him. Yes, she made a mistake. But you mean to tell me he never realized her body went cold right next to him?? And if her body hadn't gone cold... THERE WAS STILL POSSIBLY TIME TO SAVE HER!!!! All he had to do was call 911 from his hotel phone. One 911 phone call could have saved her life. He could have dipped right after that... EMT's would have been on the scene fast enough if all he said on the phone was where he was at and what had happened and then left. He would have been questioned later and probably not even charged with anything because she probably would have been saved. But who can really say? God has a plan for everyone. Maybe God decided we all needed a kickass guardian angel? I can't sit here and try to figure out the what-if's. The penalty for possessing and dealing hard drugs needs to be higher! DRUGS THAT KILL PPL!!!