Support for Mary Hare School for the Deaf

Quoted post

john

2011-04-13 22:45

why support as it happen every school not just mary hare.
it have to be report as not to let that person get away with it as it happen as should be report no matter as it wrong .

Replies

#2 Re:

2011-04-13 23:15:20

#1: john -

We are not supporting what the person in question has done, but rather what the newspapers has said about the school. It has dragged Mary Hare's name through the mud, having thrown accusations about them without the school being able to challenge them. I do not support what the ex-pupil has done, I don't think anyone would (Unless they are idiots) but I do support the fact that Mary Hare is getting unfair coverage in the newspapers.

Linda

#3 Re:

2011-04-14 00:04:32

I am an ex pupil of Mary Hare.  That sort of thing happens in comphrensives all over the country.

It is negative pubilicity for my old school all over the press. I feel that Mary Hare has been singled out of all the schools in the country.

There are a lot of parents with deaf children faced with choices of where to send their child. Should they send their child to a mainstream school or Mary Hare or another deaf school with sign language?

It is entirely up to the parent to send their deaf child to Mary Hare if they want their child to get the best education and leave school with GSCEs and A Levels or a good chance of a life.

This recent press may put parents off sending their deaf child to my old school cos of an incident.

24dreamer

#21 Re:

2011-06-19 23:44:34

john it's not the reporting that's the problem here. If you read the reports you will see that the problem lies with the slanderous way this has been reported. While it's true that Mary Hare is not immune to incidents, what is not true that Mary Hare staff turn a blind eye, or that there is a culture of bed hopping with staff knowing about it! That's the slanderous part hence the petition! Plus the fact the school were not given opportunity to defend itself in court. No wrong doer should get away with it so to speak. Yes, it should be reported, but lies should not be told about staff or slanders made about the school in general. Only accurate facts should be reported which was not the case here. Hope that clarifies things with you.