Save Mecca bingo hornchurch

Quoted post

Billie

2015-07-15 00:15

Mecca Hornchurch has been a place of comfort and friendship for many, many years for certain members. Mecca Hornchurch doesnt just offer a night of fun playing bingo, but a huge support for many of the vulnerable players. It means they don't have to spend another night indoors on their own , grieving, bored, lonely...they can come to Mecca Hornchurch (which is on their doorstep) and forget about their worries for a few hours, simply by chatting to staff, customers and generally being in a warm, welcoming environment. 

I worked for Hornchurch for 5 years and have seen what a difference this small, intermate club has made to people's lives, in some cases...saved them. the big bosses' have put profit before 'their people' and are willing to leave hundreds of old and vulnerable adults without a support unit they feel comfortable in and many more people without a job. 

I really hope the people of Hornchurch stand together and save this 'big family home' as I dread to think what will happen to the hundreds of customers who rely on them. 

Replies

Peter

#20 Re: Saving the Towers, Hornchurch

2015-09-21 10:01:13

#1: Billie -  

I represent the national Cinema Theatre Association, and we are also campaigning to have this superb cinema listed and saved. We have sent a full listing case based on its history and architectural quality to Historic England. They are assessing it on their quickest possible timetable. 

#49 Re:

2015-09-23 23:39:58

#1: Billie -  

Mecca chad well Heath closed so we all went to Hornchurch lovely club