Petition for a Balanced Calendar in Cobb Schools

Quoted post

2012-01-10 04:17

Let's make decisions based on what's best for our kids. Thanks!

Replies

#37 decide

2012-01-11 17:01:48

#1: -  

We all have our own opinions about the calendar. I know what I want. Can we at least agree that a decision has to be made and stuck to for 3-5 years to give it a try? It is changing the calendar every year that is anoying. I want to look at the school calendar the spring before so I can start planning my days off from work, vacations, and child care and not have it change

teacher

#132 think before making changes

2012-01-16 04:32:03

#1: -  

As a teacher, the balance calendar is nice and the breaks are good, however, the orginal balanced calendar was not well thought out and the breaks did not make academic sense. If reviewing the schedule again, consider that all kids need routine  and predictablitiy.They thrive on it.  Breaks should be logical, for example: at mid-term or end of quarters, not at week 6 or 7... it just causes confusion and the  loss of academic momentum. Plan wisely and the balance calendar could be a win for all those involved. Example back out of the calendar from December break... ensuring that the quarter is complete before the kids have the 2 weeks off. And back out from the end of quarters so students don't need to complete major assignments or study for exams during "breaks"-- honestly, for most kids the work just won't happen . Overall . in making these kinds of decisions teachers in all age groups should be asked for input.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2012-01-16 05:27:37

keep summer vacation at 3 months

#368 Re: calander

2012-06-01 06:51:45

comnplete buss sheist. School should start in sept, end in may.