Marcos is not a hero! Protest the plan to make him one!
FERDINAND E. MARCOS is not a hero to the Filipino people. His martial law regime sent hundreds of thousands to jail, made people 'desaparecidos' because of their political beliefs. He is now being elevated to become a "hero" and plans are afoot by his families and allies to have him interred in Libingan ng mga Bayani (Cemetery of Heroes).http://www.petitions24.com/marcos_is_not_a_hero_protest_the_plan_to_make_him_one
Let our voices be heard: 'HINDI BAYANI SI MARCOS! TUTULAN ANG PLANONG ILIPAT SIYA SA LIBINGAN NG MGA BAYANI! (Marcos is not a hero! Protest the plan to transfer him to the Cemetery of Heroes!)
In Congress, Marcos crony Congressman Salvador Escudero, leads this campaign. The father of Senator Chiz Escudero has already gotten 204 members of Congress to sign the petition to have Marcos interred as a hero.
Money talks—especially in the Philippine socio-political cultural setting. This distortion of getting a brutal greedy dictator buried as a hero will happen unless the people speak out and shout: "No way."
What you can do:
1. Sign this petition.
2. Forward this petition to others, here and abroad.
3. Post the link in your social networking sites or pages.
4. Write letters to the officials of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), to members of the Philippine House of Representatives, the Senate and to President NoyNoy Aquino.
5. Our goal is to reach 500,000 signatures and send the petition to the authorities and the Office of the President, the House of Representatives and the Senate.
6. DON'T FORGET TO CONFIRM AFTER SIGNING.
WE INTEND TO GIVE THE PETITION TO AUTHORITIES ON OR BEFORE APRIL 29, 2011, EVEN IF WE DON'T REACH THE ORIGINAL GOAL OF 500,000 SIGNATURES. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE. PLEASE FORWARD TO OTHERS. THANK YOU.
Aida F. Santos Contact the author of the petition