The Abolition of the House of Lords.
IF THE HOUSE OF LORDS AMENDS THE BREXIT BILL THEN IT SHOULD BE RECONSTITUTED OR ABOLISHED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1) The result of the referendum (albeit it was only advisory) must be respected, as it was the biggest exercise in democracy in British political history.
2) The mandate is clear and unambiguous and has been endorsed by the British people.
3) Moreover, the House of Commons ( which is sovereign) has overwhelmingly supported the Brexit Bill without endorsements.
4) For the House of Lords to defy the elected Commons will create a constitutional crisis unprecedented in British political history.
5) If this happens then one would be inviting in George Orwell's nightmarish totalitarian vision of the future.
6) The issue is not whether one is pro or anti EU but about democracy. Do you want your children to live under a democracy or a tyranny?
7) This is why the House of Lords must pass the Brexit Bill without amendments.
8) If the House of Lords saddle the Article 50 Brexit Bill with amendments then they grossly exceed their powers and violate the constitution.
9) Therefore, I urge you all to sign this petition if you love democracy?
10 If you do not do this then this will be the legacy you bequeath to your children and grandchildren.
11) Furthermore, it will shatter confidence in British parliamentary democracy for a generation or more.
House of Commons. Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|