We want this sentence overturned and a harsher penalty given

Teen jailed over Adelaide fatal crash

A teenager who was driving a stolen car involved in a fiery high-speed crash that killed an Adelaide mother-of-two will be eligible for parole in 10 months.

The boy, who was 15 at the time, pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving and other offences in relation to the horror smash that claimed the life of 48-year-old Nicole Tucker in October last year.

In the District Court on Thursday he was jailed for just over three years and four months with a non-parole period of 18 months.

But with time already spent in custody, he will be eligible for parole in just 10 months.

Judge Joanne Tracey described the boy's offending as "horrifying" and said the choices he made had a devastating impact on many people.

"Their lives have been changed for the worst, forever," she said on Thursday.

Although sentenced as an adult the teenager, who is now 16, will serve the rest of his time in custody in a youth detention facility.

 

SIGN THIS PETITION TO SHOW NO CONFIDENCE IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM. 

SIGN THIS PETITION TO DEMAND A REALISTIC SENTENCE FOR THE OFFENDER AND APPROPRIATE JUSTICE FOR NICOLE TUCKER AND HER FAMILY.

SIGN THIS PETTITION TO SHOW YOU CARE.

SIGN THIS PETTITION TO SHOW THE YOUTH OF TODAY THAT YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH MURDER.


The department of realistic punishment    Contact the author of the petition

Facebook