134 Bus Service

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition 134 Bus Service.

2014-11-25 16:42

Just as more people are benefitting from the service and everyone is really pleased with it we decide to cut it back? Such madness!

2014-11-25 16:49

This service is an important life-line to many in the Villages en route. It is services such as this that help our villages thrive. It is critical to have the regular, frequent service as is currently provided.

2014-11-25 20:28

To a large extent if we know that the bus will be there each hour, at the same time each hour, we don't have to worry when we use it. Lose this and we will lose confidence.

2014-11-26 16:21

This service is hugely important for the villages and particularly for the older and younger members of the community who don't always have access to cars. With the limited parking at Goring during the building works the vital bus service is even more important.

2014-11-26 16:56

This bus service is a lifeline for many elderly and infirm local people.

2014-11-27 19:40

Frequency and regularity are key features - if the service is less frequent and/or not at a regular time then rider numbers will fall away hence it is vital to keep the present service or even increase it NOT cut or tinker with unworkable alternatives.

2014-11-28 00:37

The 134 bus service is particularly important to me and my family allowing me to travel to and from London via Goring for work so my wife can use the car to commute to work and means t g at we do not need a second car which we could not afford anyhow. It will also give our young grandson travel to us from Didcot via Wallingford in a year or so when he is old enough.

2014-11-28 09:52

Following my retirement from full-time employment I’ve become a very regular user of this service. The hourly frequency, routing through South Stoke village centre and driver helpfulness provided by GO RIDE CIC has made public transport my first choice option for local shopping, healthcare provision and leisure activities.
Joyster

2014-12-05 18:17

Route 134 is invaluable in its regularity and frequency as a joined up service to and from Goring station.It is an asset to South Stoke.

2014-12-11 17:14

This service is vital to our community as it enables anyone without a car - including the young, the old, families with only one car and people who can't drive - to get to work and school, see friends, shop, visit the doctors etc, all functions which car owners take for granted.  Villagers rely on this serivce, it gives independence and allows us to access employment and services not available in our village.