say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

2014-12-30 14:13

Please build more child care centre !!! 

Choose a nickname

#77 Subject

2014-12-30 14:21

HDB pls relocate your columbarium next to your boss - Khaw Boon Wan 's house.

2014-12-30 14:23

Why must make a peacefull living estate become so sad...why. why not build beside your house for who ever suggessted this. Feeling angry

2014-12-30 14:25

To reconsider the development plans and residents feedback

2014-12-30 14:32

Please consider other location.

2014-12-30 14:36

Save our home! No columbarium!

2014-12-30 14:39

No columbarium in our future home pls

2014-12-30 14:42

Hdb like private developers, sell all residential units surrounding first, then sell the temple plot of land and decided on using it as columbarium. It will maximize their profit as columbarium would affect property values negatively. It sounds a v well planned cheating to all HDB bto buyer.. How horrible! 

We had a choice last time, but now we are left with no choice.

2014-12-30 14:42

Life Corp CEO Simon Hoo wanted funeral services in this Chinese temple.  Let's ask him and HDB and URA whether this is allowed.

2014-12-30 14:43

I strongly object to the plans of constructing a columbarium near my future home. How do you suppose i live in peace when there's a columbarium right next to my home, holding funerals everyday? Would I be happy? Would the residents be happy? This issue isn't regarding superstition in the slightest, but rather our physical, emotional and spiritual health. We would be mourning with the families of the dead everyday, if that's the case. And for your information, columbarium is NOT a place to worship. The word "worship" is defined as the expression of reverence for a DEITY. I don't suppose the dead are deities, am I right? Please cease the construction of the columbarium, since the residents were not properly informed of this addition to the Chinese temple. It's quite pathetic actually, to build a columbarium without the consent of the residents. This is the place I'm going to call home for 20 years and no way am I going to stay near a columbarium.

2014-12-30 15:02

A columbarium shd not be built at densely residential estate.

2014-12-30 15:48

still not too late for the planners to get things right. now is the time for them to show us they apply design thinking in their planning. walk the talk and use empathy at the right time. the users and most direct stakeholders are voicing their needs. no more need for planners to observe. wants and needs already in their faces. your prototype has been invalidated. go amend and improve!

2014-12-30 15:54

I did not pay for a BTO flat with my own hard earn cpf savings to have a columbarium build in that area and was never inform of any columbarium during the purchase nor stated in the map. This is unacceptable.

2014-12-30 16:03

Kindly check the bidder background before approval of this so called "temple".
The company behind the "temple" is a listed company. (Life corporation limited)
If their purpose is to earn money please do it at the right place, URA & NEA should advise them the appropriate business site. I believe the Government surely have more suitable land for such biz function in Singapore.

2014-12-30 16:03

Pls consider re-location. It's too close to residential areas. Probably can consider outskirts of towns like punggol etc.

2014-12-30 16:15

What the hell is the columbarium located at our new BTO flat!!! Why are We not informed of this columbarium thing during our signing of agreement with HDB last year? We bought the flat with our hard earn CPF saving and still we even have to pay every month for 25yrs-30yrs of debt to settle fully for the house that we purchased for. This is so RIDICULOUS!! Futhermore its stated in the map just chinese temple and not COLUMBARIUM. this is seriously unfair to us who had bought the flat in that area. Pls do something about this matter and PLS RELOCATE this COLUMBARIUM thing to somewhere else which is more suitable for it and not anywhere near HDB estates.
Serene

2014-12-30 16:17

We respect the dead. However, we hope that the govt can respect the living. A columbarium in a highly densely populated estate is not appropriate for many reasons. 

In the Chinese culture, many shun upon living near the dead. Also, the noise and smoke (if burning is present) is bad environment to stay in. 

The building of temple for such use is only make known after the flats have been balloted. This is extremely unfair as 90% of the people will probably not select these units if known. 

I believe that a more appropriate place could be used for such purpose. And since we are the main residents staying in that area, our voices should be heard. Creating a condusive environment for living i believe not only involves providing us with infrastructure and shelter over roof but also include considering the wishes of residents when building such sensitive facilities. 

Upset mom

#93 No

2014-12-30 16:21

As a parent of 2 young kids, I m extremely concerned. It is unhealthy and "pan tang" to expose young kids to death. Our family were so excited about our new home...I can't say the same now. It's time the govt listen to the people and do something.

2014-12-30 16:41

May the voices of residents be heard!

#95 #95

2014-12-30 16:55

Give back us our down payment 

#96 Re:

2014-12-30 16:58

#3: -  

uncomfortable, that is.

Home owners

#97 No columbarium, No funeral services!

2014-12-30 16:59

Build it beside LHL's house lah! 

2014-12-30 17:08

1) it say chinese temple on masterplan and not place of worship (mosque, hindu temple, church etc), let alone columbarium.

2) Which resident will want a columbarium in their neighbourhood, especially when the premise will be holding funeral services?

2014-12-30 17:11

HDB can state in the map that their new BTO project has a columbarium next to it and see how many applicant select the flats for this project.

2014-12-30 17:17

It's a new estate why need a columbarium to spoil the new estate and damage all the young family dream?