Creigiau Quarry

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Creigiau Quarry.

2015-10-22 21:30

The lorries will damage the environment and community. Lanes are too narrow to safely take these lorries and will pose a danger to children, cyclists and horse riders alike who use these route. Noise will be damaging as will dust.

2015-10-23 15:12

Too close to houses - particularly Maes y Sarn - and we can remember how much our house vibrated from previous blasting !

2015-11-01 14:05

The area is one of natural beauty and should be kept that way.
There are so many negatives too consider if this stupid plan goes ahead.
People living in this area deserve to be given consideration and not be
Made to put up with this area being destroyed by others .

2015-11-01 14:27

The area would be spoiled if Tarmac reopen the quarry.
The roads are too narrow to allow these large lorries the area is
Already seeing more and more traffic , there may be health issue
Also environmental issues . Let The company concerned return to Solihull and destroy their own area and leave ours alone
We need to fight to keep this area from being destroyed.
Let's hope everyone in this area fights to keep this area as it is .
We Do Not Need to have our houses shaken with HGV,s

2015-11-03 20:29

I am looking to buy a house in creigiau as it is a lovely quiet semi rural village, however I won't be moving there if the quarry opens and think a lot of people will be put off also

2015-11-23 08:32

I have just moved to pentyrch and am horrified at the prospect of a quarry opening on our doorstep. I have 2 young children who will soon be attending school in pentyrch which is on the main road that all of these quarry lorries will be travelling on (70 lorries per day making trips in and out of pentyrch). The dust, noise pollution and the potential chaos to our roads is not what I want in our new quiet village. I strongly oppose the quarry reopening. I hope common sense will prevail when you take a closer look at the negative impact the quarry would make to creigiau and pentyrch.

2015-11-23 16:00

I live in G-y-G and know the disruption and possible danger that heavy goods vehicles will make in the area! The noise and dust will also be detriment to the health of residents, both adult and children. This Quarry should never be re-opened!

2015-11-24 18:58

The proposal represents inappropriate industrialisation of a residential area.

2016-01-02 20:19

It's to busy a residential area full of children using the roads for school travel... and already a number of rta have been on the junction due to its busy stream of traffic from Barry, Wenvoe, Ely & caerau. And pollution would add to my daughters asthma as well as all local sufferers. And it's a bus route.. it is busy already and would be dangerous to have so many large veichals. Please rethink an alternative route. X

2016-01-02 20:30

I live in cwrt -yr- ala road and have three children I am concerned about the safety of my children and the street I live in

2016-06-13 20:28

Safety concerns for all residents near the quarry.

2016-06-13 20:55

Strong local connection. Family and friends would be unduly affected by quarry expansion. The old quarry site has become a rare & beautiful example of a brownfield wildlife habitat since being reclaimed by nature. It is a peaceful place attracting rare birds such as peregrine falcons. It should be made safe for limited public access and allowed to mature.

2016-06-13 20:59

Because i live in pentyrch and will affect my home as i live in heol gam

2016-06-13 21:47

I used to live in Creigiau when the quarry was active many years ago and it was so noisy, caused traffic disruption and properties would shake.

2016-06-13 22:33

In hope of helping to prevent the devastating effect re-opening this quarry would have on our local & wider community.

2016-06-14 06:04

One large lorry on those lanes risks human life, over a hundred a day will cause fatalities - this is totally unacceptable

2016-06-14 08:38

Live in Creigiau and recall issues when the quarry was previously open.

2016-06-14 08:42

Grew up in Creigiau and recall the quarry being open and all the heavy lorry traffic being a nightmare, plus the blasting causes damage to property with cracks appearing in walls etc.

2016-06-14 22:23

I lived in Creigiau for 28 years and still have family there.
Libbs

2016-07-22 20:12

Having lived in Creigiau for 30 years and experiencing the effects of the quarry when it was last in use,  I am very concerned to say the least at the prospect of it reopening. The environmental impact on the surrounding area will be devastating, noise and dust pollution from blasting and Lorries, especially as they are extending the area of the quarry towards Pentyrch primary school and Creigiau Rec. I remember as a teenager the constant flow of Lorries travelling up pant y Gored Rd, having to Mount the pavement to pass other traffic! And the one memory that sticks in my mind is of the hedgerow along the entire length of pant y gored Rd was Black!! I remember travelling along that road a few months after the quarry had closed and commenting how beautiful that road looked again...... We do not want to go back to that!!! 

2016-07-26 16:55

Noise, pollution and more importantly safety.

2016-08-04 12:01

The road is most unsuitable for HGV's, its a residential area and HGV's are prohibited in the near area, why should it be permitted on this road at all.

2016-09-11 09:37

I think the distress this project will cause to the local community and schools in terms of noise, pollution and traffic chaos is huge particularly as the area is being targeted for more housing and growth. Where is the joined up thinking ?

2016-09-16 12:48

Because of this ridiculous and dangerous proposal by attempting to reopen this disused quarry.